PDA

View Full Version : To Mod or Not To Mod?

descendingfear
06-03-2008, 07:10 AM
I have an 06R1 and i wanted to do a similar tail as slamdogs.

I showed my missus what i wanted to do and she said but how would i fit on. [}:)]

So what i thought was to keep my fairing the way it is without modification for the rides she will come on. But also buy a secondhand subframe and light setup to convert into what i want.

Which would be easier to get a original subframe and cut it back or to try (not to good with metal) to make my own subframe?

Seifer
06-03-2008, 07:29 AM
It'd be a pain to swap over the subframes with all the electrics and battery etc. Design a second tail fairing to go over your existing subframe if that is what you want. OR buy your woman a 250 and tell her to get herself to the shops.

pommie02
06-03-2008, 07:33 AM
If i remember correctly there is a quote that goes around here " PLASTICS ARE FOR POOFS".

JUST GET THE HACKSAW OUT....i,m crap at welding, but my homemade subframe has lasted 2 years.
oh and dont forget the single seat rego

descendingfear
06-03-2008, 09:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by pommie02

If i remember correctly there is a quote that goes around here " PLASTICS ARE FOR POOFS".

JUST GET THE HACKSAW OUT....i,m crap at welding, but my homemade subframe has lasted 2 years.
oh and dont forget the single seat rego

I can't register it as single seat if i'm going to be swapping the tails over and back. What type of steel and what type of welding is best suited for modding a subframe?