PDA

View Full Version : Bull shit detector detected

sickboy
05-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Last week while heading to the Superbikes we had a little incident with the local plod.While we were heading into Bordertown we spotted a marked cop car comming towards us ,a look in mirrors shows he is stopped and turning around with lights flashing,cant be after us as we arn't speeding,any way ther's me in front then Shovelhead then Triumph Sprint ,cop pulls over Shovelhead so we all pull in ,cop tells us he has detected a radar detector on one of our bikes so I ask for proof ,he says he got a 'bleep but its gone now'so I suggested he drive past the bikes to see which one has the detector ,his reply was that we have 'thrown it away'.After we have stopped pissing our selves laughing he say this is no joke and he he's going to search our bikes,then another unmarked cop car pulls up and they'r both chatting ,they decide to check Shovelheads shoulder bag he carries his gear in,T Sprint passes Shovel a bottle of water and the cop goes Postal,'DONT DRINK THAT ,PUT YOUR BAG DOWN DONT TOUCH ANYTHING'Meanwhile the other cop is looking over my Sv and the Trumpy looking for plugs or cables.The cop opens up my mates bag and the first thing he sees is fuckin huge syringe.The cop almost has a prolapse until we tell him its for topping up his gearbox oil.After all that my mate ends up with a $300 fine for an obscured numberplate,it was partialy covered by a couple of ocky straps.Has any one else had this sort of treatment? My understanding is that a radar detector can only receive not transmit.Can the cops do this? Do they use this excuse to pull you over to go through your gear? Sorry for sounding a bit long winded.Cheers.

Jockney Rebel
05-03-2008, 06:13 PM
sounds like they were havin a bad day mate ..in the same way herr hitler did in "45

Gix11
05-03-2008, 06:19 PM
That seems a bit out of order?

BANDITROD
05-03-2008, 06:23 PM
they can detect radar detectors unless you have got a radar detector detector then yours will automatically shut down (i can get these from the states) they are wireless and go inside your helmet and are about the size of a credit card but the answer to your question is they were obviosly looking for an excuse to pull you over plain and simple

sickboy
05-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Forgot to mention that night in the pub we were recounting what happend with the Barmaid and she tells us'I used to go out with that copper and he's a fuckin dicked':D

BillyWhizz888
05-03-2008, 07:14 PM
They dont need an excuse....
they thought they saw, heard something is sufficient

TOSSERS

gibbo
05-03-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure they are allowed to check your bag are they? I remember talking to a cop a while back about underage drinking and he said they were not allowed to look in kids backpacks without pretty good evidence they were carrying something, not just a suspicion.

Jockney Rebel
05-03-2008, 08:11 PM
.do you have the "sus" law here ?
qoute "a police officer has the right to stop and search any person he BELIEVES to be commitimg or about to commit an offence"

ninjaboy
05-03-2008, 10:05 PM
But what if they have a radar detector detector detector..........i'll shut up now.

motogp_nut
05-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Sooooo..... we can buy detectors to detect their detectors which detect our detectors detecting their radar? My head hurts. [xx(]

maggot1300
06-03-2008, 06:54 AM
I'm not sure if they changed the law but as far as I was aware they cant touch it without due cause. last time i got pulled over in my stang they tried the same thing but a quick "dont fuckin touch it or I'll file a complaint" worked a treat. they did keep me as long as they could running every fucking check they could do just to shit me but never did get to check the car.

That being said it was a few years ago now so it may well have changed but he only decided that my car needed to be searched after checking my licence and commenting that i was a "temporary australian" after noticing the big R for rider stamped on it.

hooligan
06-03-2008, 07:08 AM
Doesn't it depend whether it's an active radar detector or a passive one? An active one emits signals as it actively hunts for radar (doesn't matter if the cops're using theirs or not, it'll find it) and a passive one only receives signals (harder to detect).

Did that make sense?

pommie02
06-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Like I said A.C.A.B

scotty mac
06-03-2008, 03:04 PM
they can pull you over for just about anything. they can even book ya for speeding on there guess of what speed ya doin[}:)]. back when i was in retail we sold uniden n had info on detectors, at the time they were legal in WA but not any other states. they were illegal to use but weren't illegal to have....so you could use it aslong as you didn't have it on[?][?][?].

Rocket
07-03-2008, 08:57 AM
AFAIK they are still legal in WA, you see them in cars all the time.
I have one but haven't bothered to use it recently. It's not in the car where I have speeding issues.

gibbo
07-03-2008, 09:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by pommie02

Like I said A.C.A.B

Hey, didn't Alfie get in trouble for saying that[?][}:)];)

sickboy
07-03-2008, 10:32 AM
My mates got a bee in his bonnet about this and is writing a complaint as we speak,he's got pics of the cops without their high viz vests on that he thinks by law must be worn as part of occ,helf and safety.
I think Alfie used the term A.C.A.C.:D

chopaweeza
07-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Reminds me of the article in a paper awhile back about the Workcover Investigator that got pulled , harrassed & minor fined. When the cop was finished the Workcover Investigator got out his paperwork and slapped the cop with several grands worth of fines for not wearing safety gear & such.

The reality is that they used to be able to pull you over for anything and make the pretext that it was an RBT but they changed the rules about that so that unless they see something else when they RBT you they can't search your vehicle. Now , the bit about the radar detector is an old trick they use to pull someone . Last year it was used by an over zealous cop in Western Sydney to pull over any vehicle he wished to search . Several of the people who had been pulled ended up taking it to court one after another and all the fines they received were dismissed by the judges because in every case the officer failed to find a radar detector therefore making the reason for the stop & search false. They also dismissed every other offense the same cop had booked people with over the past year were he had used the "Looking for a Radar Detector" justification. Several drug possession cases were also dropped because the searches were therefore illegal as well .

336LJ
15-04-2008, 11:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by scotty mac

they can pull you over for just about anything. they can even book ya for speeding on there guess of what speed ya doin.

My brother got pulled over recently and the biker cop asked "how fast were you going back there" my brother replies 60, (actually about 90)
The cop asks again "how fast were you going"
"60"
cop stands over him, " I am going to ask you ONE more time, and I want to you answer me truthfully, how fast were you going"
"60"
The bastards have no way to tell how fast you are going, which is why they ask that when they obviously dont have a radar, if you say you were speeding, they have it on tape.
If you say you werent, they cant do shit, except be assholes and pick on you for anything else they can.

I dont care if they know I am lying but I say whatever the speed limit is.
I was presented with a radar reading of 75 in a 60 zone, and when the cop asked "do you acknowledge that is the speed you were doing" I said, "No, how can you prove it was aimed at my car I was in a pack of cars 3 lanes wide.!!" so I got stung with more shit and they fucked me around for over an hour.. just to be smart

Jockney Rebel
16-04-2008, 12:56 AM
so let me get this straight ..theyve got detectors to detect your detector thats desinged to detect their radar ..so we now need detectors to detect their detectors that detect our OTHER detectors that detect their radar ..and we can buy these detectors ..but cant use them
fuk it just shoot em

Booster
16-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Some are just total assholes, pulled over yrs ago in a mates new xd ford(shows my age ),new model 10" wheels lowered etc, they said we couldn't afford a car like that ,must be drug money and proceeded to strip the car searching for drugs in (Chappel st)left us with the car interior on the footpath , nothing removed carefully ,marks everywhere.... asshole...
Laughed loud and long several years later when recognised same cops face on tv for skimming dealers, obviously didn't want to bust us just thought he could get a cut , bad luck for him we were just joe average...

sickboy
16-04-2008, 10:08 AM
That sucks balls Greg.Last week I got done for speeding on the Murray Valley Highway,the cop in the unmarked car asked me what speed I was doing,dickhead me tells him 110-115,thats right says cop ,the speed limit on this road is 100,bollix,so I get a ticket for 113 in a 100,$220 and 3 points.It was a bit later I realised he didnt show me the reading,is this a legal requirement? He was also not wearing a HiViz vest.

Booster
16-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Don't know about the hi vis requirements but they are fussy around here since i poor bugger was cleaned up by a passing car.
What speed is always "100 or close to"

Did you get wet that last day Ken

sickboy
16-04-2008, 11:27 AM
I got to Adelaide wensday arvo no probs,it pissed down from PT Agusta to home on the friday,hows things looking for you?

pt
16-04-2008, 03:08 PM
it's funny. whenever i have been pulled minding my own business, the cop is always a right royal arsehole. they do all the shit you mentioned sickboy, including the "don't touch anything, don't move anything" snap. and almost every time they walk away with their penis looking about 1/4 inch long and no tickets out of their ticket book.

however when i've done something wrong they just give the ticket and leave me alone?

zx12argh
16-04-2008, 03:27 PM
thats cause if you're getting pulled over for no reason the copper is usually bored/p.o'd and looking for an outlet to vent... getting pulled over for being a dickhead is just a copper doing his job... :D

Jockney Rebel
16-04-2008, 06:35 PM
^^^i agree ive been pulled loadsa times [not here ] and deserved a bolloking /ticket and got away with it ..just depends... but your old bill in australia are a bit keen having said that in the 3yrs ive been here ive benn pulled a total of 7 times had 5 tickets and been "talked to" twice so the odds are against us guess youve just got to pull yer head in when your dealin with them and hope for the best
i know how the system works in england but not here..for instance i always used to check the coppers tax idsc ..cos a lot of divisions used to forget to tax there vehicles ..therefore you couldnt get nicked by them and you should always ask for the cert for the radar gun ..it needs to be checked every week also their calibrated speedos are the same ..as i say dunno if its the same here

ozwarriorrider
20-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Brisbane Coppers have gotta be the worst. Especially Brisbane bike cops. Especially the fat bearded bike copper cunt who works the northside between enoggera and albany creek.
And they wonder why people shoot them?

ozwarriorrider
20-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Oh... and I am pretty sure that they have detectors that can pick up passive radar detectors as well because they are picking up thre frequency of the inbuilt oscillator of the device as it tries to match that of the recieved frequency from the radar. But that was something I read about 6 years ago so I might have it a bit skewif... especially after a 6 pack

morrigan
20-05-2008, 08:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by chopaweeza

Reminds me of the article in a paper awhile back about the Workcover Investigator that got pulled , harrassed & minor fined. When the cop was finished the Workcover Investigator got out his paperwork and slapped the cop with several grands worth of fines for not wearing safety gear & such.
That's a true story. Apparently the cop pulled over unsafely, as well as forgetting his hi-vis gear, and was standing too far out in the road for his own safety. Inspector was fined about $100 for exceeding the speed limit. Copper was fine over $900 for breaching OHS regs!
When I started with WorkCover, they told us not to do this, as it upsets our arrangements with the popo. Must remember to put my infringement book in the top of my seat bag when I go riding, and let 'em search it!

Cath_636
31-05-2008, 03:32 PM
My partner and i decided to go for a cruise last sunday around midday........Up the highway
( bad move right there!) 5 mins from home, three coppas pull out of the middle section on the highway with their radar, in their patrol car......Clearly nothing better to do than pick on a couple of "crazy bikers." My thought was confirmed once they pulled up and all got out of the car...Looking over the bikes, inspecting, 2 of them looked completely bored as...
15kms over the limit my partner was told by Mr Policeman. Joke! I'd been in the lead riding up the highway and happened to spot the p^gs from way back and had slowed to the speed limit...They had the radar on my partner, not me, so end of story. 20 mins of polite arguing, ticket in hand. Over it. We went home after that. Sort of spoiled it you know?