PDA

View Full Version : Anyone able to bend exhaust tube for me - Brissy

zx12argh
05-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Hey guys - i'm fightering my vtr1000 commuter for the fools run - I'm changing the pipes over so just need some one to bend a couple of exhaust pipes for me... I'm pinching the twin cans off the 12r so just need some new primarys done - probably 4-5 bends max.

Failing that know anyone cheap and dirty to bend me pipes ;)?
Brisbane area hopefully.

The crow
05-03-2008, 02:49 PM
there's a place in ipswich that does it cheap my old man got a set done recently will chk but you can hire pipe benders from any hire company's eg active hire, coates, for not a lot of money and if you do it on a sat you can keep till mon morn for one day price and are a piece of piss to use

Pommy Chopper
05-03-2008, 05:37 PM
I can get them done for ya on the sunny coast!

zx12argh
05-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Thanks pommy - reckon I might give crows option a try and rent the bender - I can get it mocked up on the bike at home and not looking for it to be too pretty - i'm going to cover the whole lot in exhaust wrap...
Tho if I completely fuck it up I might come a groveling ;)

Pommy Chopper
06-03-2008, 06:20 AM
You won't bend exhaust tube on any bender that's available for rent mate.
They will be pipe benders and completely unsuitable for what you want.
It will kink at the bend!

Surely a newly qualified Mech. Eng. should know that!!!

It needs to be either filled with wood resin, or bent on a mandrel bender to stop deformation of the bend/tube.

Cheers'en.

zx12argh
06-03-2008, 07:27 AM
Bugger, I knew that but didn't even consider it. They dont teach us anything practical mate - just how to add up and to use excel really...
I might have a play this weekend pulling bits off it and see exactly what I need to do. I'll give you a pm once I know what I need...

Jay_G
07-03-2008, 02:51 PM
another option is to buy a few mandrel bends from the local exhaust shop an tack them together then send it out to be welded. or pick up a set of crash damaged headers or something and piece together a system out of that.

07-03-2008, 04:13 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/6068340987218.JPG

my collector is made from stainless mandrel bends by Maroochy Zorst's.Ya gota look hard to see its not 1 piece. $200, 1 day turn around. (never mind the burnt skin on it).I rekon ya should just bend up some old Galvanised water pipe.At least no one else will have the same exhaust.;)