PDA

View Full Version : Shithouse Rubber!

Slingblade
25-07-2006, 11:15 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/672645135555724.JPG

I thought i would share a little find of mine. I am in the process of fitting risers and bars to my top clamp and wanted to do a basic rubber mounting system. Lo and behold i found these little shithouse rubber washers, which fit the bill perfectly. They have a 30mm diameter and are 5mm thick. It is really high density pliable rubber which is perfect for mounting the risers on and as it has a 2mm centre hole, you can drill it to suit whatever bolt is on your risers. Then simply cut around you riser shape. They also have 10mm thick ones which i am using for the bottom of the clamp, and should spread the load nicely with a similar size washer. As it is meant to be in bogger cisterns obviously weather aint a problem.

At least i have an excuse now if my fighter conversion turns out shit!

Best part.......they are $1.30.

fimpBIKES
25-07-2006, 12:31 PM
your bars are going to be flexy?
or is this for the gauges only?

pt
25-07-2006, 12:54 PM
was about to say that...you aren't mounting the risers on rubber are you?[:0]

EXBEN
25-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Do not mount your risers on rubber!
If you really want to do it the only safe way is to use a rubber mount with a steel collar cast into the center of it.
This is so you can tighten the mounting bolt against a solid surface.
Have a look at any oem setup & this is how it's done.
Otherwise you will never be able to tighten your bars up properly resulting in a vague feeling front end & you will put excessive sideload on the mounting bolts which can lead to them snapping.

EXBEN
25-07-2006, 01:15 PM
My advise would be to mount them directly to the top clamp & if you are using a standard top clamp try to use as large a washer as possible underneath to spread the load especially if they are single bolt risers.

Slingblade
25-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Shit eh . I thought it would be fine. I was gonna put the rubber on the bottom of the top plate and see how it felt with a large size washer pulling it tight, but i guess it is a bad idea. Thanks for the tip fellas.

devo
25-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Oh well Nathan I guess you can fix that dang toilet now ay ;):D

25-07-2006, 04:51 PM
comedy

Slingblade
25-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Ok thanks for the help folks. Bars are on. Look pretty bloody good i think. I took your advice and did a straight bolt on with washers. Feels rock solid. The ABM fatbars have a nice bend. The stock top clamp is fairly thin i gotta admit. I will see how it goes and i might have to go to a replacement top plate at some stage.

26-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Fuck Nathan, when I read the title I thought you were offering Davo some frangers for the next time he's 'cruising the beat' :D

Slingblade
26-07-2006, 01:22 PM
No mate. I suppose you could buy a heap of them, drill em out and thread them over your dude. Then you could have a 60mm wide black rubber cock! That should keep the punters happy.

Ok who will be the smartass who asks "why would I want to reduce my knobs thickness?????"

(just getting in before you Davo!)

26-07-2006, 03:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by nathanleetaylor

Ok who will be the smartass who asks "why would I want to reduce my knobs thickness?????"

(just getting in before you Davo!)

A)
I know, I know, it makes it easier to cater to you're necrophilia!! don't have to wait for the rigor mortis to fade so much with a thinner dick?
B)
You're girlfriends so horrendously fat ugly and desperate that the only way to get rid of her is to pretend you're not man enough to service her folds anymore?
C) You really are gay, and what you do with you're thing so repulses even you that you're hoping the extra small condoms will work as a docking ring?

Or should I just shut the fuck up?

Slingblade
26-07-2006, 03:47 PM
HAHAHAHA WHOA! YOU DIRTY FUKKA! Does that shit really go through your head Chalky?? How do you sleep at night. Go give yourself a Dettol bath.

fimpBIKES
26-07-2006, 04:49 PM
it really does, and i believe he sleeps with a big grin on his face
(in his ricky-martin pant from what i remember :D)

26-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Naaaah! the grins just gas building up Fimp [xx(]

And you were just impressed with the way I filled out my leather pants weren't ya Fimp [^]:D[:p]

Slingblade
26-07-2006, 05:01 PM
I wanna know how Fimp knows you sleep with a smile on your face Chalky?!!

27-07-2006, 08:20 AM
We're real close buddies on this site nat, drop by some time and Fimp'll give you a demo :D

speeddemon
30-07-2006, 10:05 PM
you could always use a dunny seat as ya bars - i here they match up fine...now thats got me thinkin