PDA

View Full Version : poppin on the overrun

Jockney Rebel
01-03-2008, 06:22 PM
..right im gonna show my ignorance here
the triumph has alwyas popped on the overrun even with the stock exhaust on does this cause damage ?
its now wearing a shorty yoshiRS3 im about to get it remapped but the only place that s near me is the dealership i got the bike from ..what d you reckon will be the advantage of this? it doesnt seem to have any flat spots at the moment
ive heard that the twins have an air injection system to clean up the emissions that causes poppin ...im wondering if mines the same
this is really directed at the rest of u triple owners all comments appriciated

STELF
01-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Jock mines (96 triple) carbies and it popped really bad on overrun after cans and pod filters, had to richen up the idle from 1 1/2 turns to 2 1/2 t 3 turns on the idle mixture maybe run it on a dyno check exhaust (O2) emissions for a start, that air injection may make it pop but not to sure mate i'll see what i can find out. Cheers mate

devo
01-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Usually popping is caused by an airleak somewhere in the exhaust system but I can't say I am up to date with injection systems and sensors these days but that is a probable cause anyway.

Pommy Chopper
01-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Check you have no air leaks on your exhaust system.
That'll cause popping on the over run, as cold air is drawn in it pops when it gets heated by the hot exhaust gases.

Cheers'en.

Jockney Rebel
01-03-2008, 11:08 PM
ta ..guys done that ..still poppin but only when u shut the throttle fast

pt
03-03-2008, 07:39 PM
unburnt fuel? running rich at WOT then going through and popping? my bike (600 SRAD) did that with carbs cause it was waay rich?

alfiestorm
03-03-2008, 08:06 PM
what ya poppin jim "blues"

Jockney Rebel
03-03-2008, 11:53 PM
nah mate not blues, not now anyways :D [read me book!www.myspace.com/bloodrunner1960<table<table]
..ta guys i think the running rich thing might be the go ill just have to get it re mapped and dynoed before i take it on the strip dont want to set fire to owt..just as aan aside anyone know what it should make rwhp? i have conflicting figures at the crank factory says 141hp but thats way out i reckon its more like 115 at the wheel