PDA

View Full Version : Kermit from Wa . 95 ZXR750

Kermit
10-10-2017, 06:03 PM
Hey guys , been a long time sine I really got involved with a enthusiast forum . My background used to be in Jap cars and I was vaguely well known as Kermit from Kermit Engineering where I ran a business doing custom Stainless steel fabrication on race/drift cars and high performance street cars ( mainly imports ) .
Been through a few sports bikes over the years but I usually get bored or family requirements mean selling on . After we found my health was declining rapidly I decided to step away from my home business ( I also work full time elsewhere ) and even though this took a few years I found I was constantly frustrated that I didn't really have anything I had ever really built for myself .

Next step and with a limited type of approval from the missus I bought a very cheap 1995 ZXR750 with the aim to build something that I had designed . My wife was kinda vague on me riding it as my health condition means if I come off again at speed then Im most likely not going to survive .

I have been able to work on the bike at my workplace outside of my normal hours . Heres a few pics of what I have accomplished so far

rod185651
10-10-2017, 06:06 PM
Welcome to the madness mate, and thank you for joining our forum.

The ZxR750 is a great base for a fighter build and by the sounds of your previous experience, you will build a high-quality Fighter.

There has always been a pretty strong scene in W.A

Kermit
10-10-2017, 06:07 PM
If anyone has any advice on how to post more pics please . Each upload is failing now .
I cant seem to load the pics which show what I have actually done . All pics were taken on the same device and uploaded to my pc in the same way

rod185651
10-10-2017, 06:11 PM
I always use the "basic uploader"

Kermit
10-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Well hopefully it will be high quality . Im way out of my comfort zone on this thing . If the website would let me attach the pics I could show what I already have done .

rod185651
10-10-2017, 06:40 PM

Kermit
10-10-2017, 07:32 PM
Cheers Rod :)

JimZXR
10-10-2017, 07:45 PM
Holy fuck mate; you're further in a few posts than I was in a year so keep it up!

I'm building a 1992 L1 into a fighter currently and the build thread is on here.

From what I can see from the pics I can't see how much help I'll be with your build but feel free to hit me up!

Kermit
10-10-2017, 09:13 PM
Holy fuck mate; you're further in a few posts than I was in a year so keep it up!

I'm building a 1992 L1 into a fighter currently and the build thread is on here.

From what I can see from the pics I can't see how much help I'll be with your build but feel free to hit me up!

Cheers Jim , I had been reading through your build thread a few weeks ago . I love your ' give it a go ' attitude and I may have taken a little inspiration from that . I have had cars featured in magazines over the years but my part in them had always been limited . I had always done the exhaust , intercooler pipes , manifold and wastegate mods etc but this bike build is very different .
Im tempted to do a build thread if I can sort my problem uploading pics . I will be refabricating pretty much everything I can on this bike to make it lighter . I cant promise that it will all be good as the design evolves as it goes . Im not happy with the seat supports and brackets so will redesign them before I can move on to the tail light mount , seat base cover etc .
The whole bike may end up looking like a dogs breakfast by the time Im finished haha but if I dont like it I will just change it . Lucky for me the material on this bike is all out of the scrap bin so it keeps costs down .

I may hit you up for any tuning advice if you have any , at least til I can slot a zx9r motor into it . If I can drop 30kg off it it should really wake up the performance .

ozzy1100
10-10-2017, 11:09 PM
Much cool and welcome

LKC73
11-10-2017, 05:20 AM
Welcome mate, build is looking good there.

Gix11
11-10-2017, 10:22 AM
Welcome Kermit. The photo upload problem is because of the forum software. If you get bored and start reading through the other sections of the forum you'll see we are about to update the 6 year old forum software to something new that will make uploading photos much easier. If you can just hang in there and battle with the current shit, you'll be very happy with the new forum that's coming I promise!

As for the build, I'm liking the way you're going. Very simplistic and built for purpose.

Sorry to hear about whatever it is that is messing with your health, hopefully you're all good, and there's nothing like building a bike to make you feel better!

Cheers mate

hooligan
11-10-2017, 02:29 PM
I've got a couple of tail lights that might sit well under the seat unit.

It's looking good.

JimZXR
11-10-2017, 03:48 PM
If you're after a quick performance upgrade mate go -1 tooth on the front sprocket!

Big difference to pick up and punch from corners!

rod185651
11-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Welcome Kermit. The photo upload problem is because of the forum software. If you get bored and start reading through the other sections of the forum you'll see we are about to update the 6 year old forum software to something new that will make uploading photos much easier. If you can just hang in there and battle with the current shit, you'll be very happy with the new forum that's coming I promise!

Cheers mate

Until the upgrade, I am happy to assist with uploading pics

Kermit
13-10-2017, 05:07 PM

As for the build, I'm liking the way you're going. Very simplistic and built for purpose.

Sorry to hear about whatever it is that is messing with your health, hopefully you're all good, and there's nothing like building a bike to make you feel better!

Cheers mate

Health wise is just a disintegrating bones thing . They have no idea why or how but Ive lost 50 percent in 4 years . You would think it would be easy weightloss but still not haha !
Im happy to stick it out , will be worth it when finished ��

Kermit
13-10-2017, 05:15 PM
I've got a couple of tail lights that might sit well under the seat unit.

It's looking good.

I knocked up a bracket and fitted the lights etc already thanks . Im unsure what I want in the end but it will do for now 

badboynot
14-10-2017, 11:51 PM
Good to see you made it on to the site mate good luck with the build,I seen on you're Facebook that you can knock up some nice pipe work so I'm sure you will make some cool bits for this bike as you are now

Azrael
17-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Welcome mate, theres plenty of good cunts in wa who will help if you need it and drink all your beer. Hit us up in the wa section if u need help or just a chat over a coldie

Hagarr
20-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Hey Kermit!

This is mine behind the Bandit on the way to The Island.

LKC73
20-10-2017, 04:27 PM
Wow Hagarr, you still got the beast.

JimZXR
20-10-2017, 06:57 PM
Fuck yeah Hagar; that's awesome!

Kermit
19-12-2017, 01:15 AM
I see we are still having issues uploading pictures . Ive completed a fair bit of the bike and hoping to take it out for its first ride tomorrow.

Gix11
19-12-2017, 07:53 AM
Just make sure you select BASIC UPLOAD when you try uploading photos mate.

Kermit
19-12-2017, 12:06 PM
Im not very good with these things it seems . I cant seem to find anything about an option for a basic upload . Ive just been using the ' manage attachments ' .

Its ok , I dont want to be a bother

rod185651
19-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Im not very good with these things it seems . I cant seem to find anything about an option for a basic upload . Ive just been using the ' manage attachments ' .

Its ok , I dont want to be a bother

After you click on image upload symbol, have a look at the bottom left corner and you will see "Basic uploader" on the pop up

JimZXR
19-12-2017, 07:18 PM
Definitely work out the kinks; I want to see how this ZX7 Fighter looks now!

Kermit
19-12-2017, 11:41 PM
After you click on image upload symbol, have a look at the bottom left corner and you will see "Basic uploader" on the pop up

Ah ok , that pop up may be blocked on my phone . Will try it on the pc instead

Thank you

Kermit
22-12-2017, 02:29 PM

This is where I am at right now . The bike was running , not now and I have zero idea why tbh .
I have since wired everything up . have fitted a front mirror and also a modded front mudguard off of a VF750 sabre . Was hoping to make sure everything was working right before stripping for paint and re-doing the wiring all over again

I have a video of it running and will try to post it

Kermit
22-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Desperately trying to find a rear hugger if anyone has anything they no longer require please

Kermit
22-12-2017, 02:32 PM

Considering what Im aiming for Im relatively happy so far

Hagarr
08-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Wow Hagarr, you still got the beast.

Yeah still for sale.

If I don't sell before I get back to Sydney it's coming back to W.A. for parts!

Any sensible offers may be considered.

Oh and all honours should go to Jason for the building of it, I only thrash fk out of it!

Klapparbaver
09-01-2018, 02:48 PM
Very nice. love the seat/tail unit

JimZXR
10-01-2018, 08:56 PM
Would a ZXR (L) hugger fit?

Kermit
12-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Would a ZXR (L) hugger fit?

Pretty sure it would . Im just loath to buy a new one . Its a budget build . New seems like cheating 😆