PDA

View Full Version : Clutch drama's

28-02-2008, 07:58 AM
I pulled the clutch out of the 1400 over the weekend, while I was doing the oil change, just to check to see how much life I had left in it before heading over to AFR. I very carefully folled all the manual's instructions when I re-installed it.
Got in all bolted back together with oil in etc. pulled the clutch in to start her up and a pffffft noise came from the clutch master cylinder. Now it wont go to neutral when I pull on the clutch in any gear?
Before I drop $80 of oil back out, do I have to bleed the hydralic clutch after checking the plates? I didn't think so but I though I would get ideas before I go through all that again

alfiestorm
28-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Did you pull the clutch lever in when you had the plates out.
If so the push rod may have come dilodged or the slave cylinder piston may have come out to far,are you loseing fluid?

If all that is fine and you did not pull on the lever when the plates were out I dont think you have much choice but to drop the oil into a clean container and keep it sealed/covered. Then check out the clutch again as something may have been put back in the wrong order thrust washer and bearing for instance.

Hope that helps

01-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Cheers alfie. The rod had pushed out a bit without me realizing so it hadn't tightened up properly and wasn't able to fully pull in. fixed now.