PDA

View Full Version : Blue slip drama in NSW

kpow
18-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Just took my 95 zx9 in for a blue slip and was told that it couldnt even be inspected because it didnt have a fairing he reckoned it had to be fully stock as it came out of the factory. So does anyone know of a mechanic in northern NSW that is a bit easier to get on with than the wanker i just went to in Balina.

Mr Hyosung
18-03-2016, 04:18 PM
You might have more luck going to a car workshop than a bike shop. They might not know what it looked like new. One of the boys from WA had to get fairings to register a Hyabusa there, you might have to do the same here. Could always get it registered at a mates place in Qld, then you don't have to get it inspected every year

kpow
18-03-2016, 06:24 PM
It actually was a car place i took it to. I dont think i could go to all the effort of finding a fairing, head light, handlebars, exhaust, catch can and god knows what else for a bike i bought for 950 dollars. I think your right i will just have to go the Qld option. I just hope they are a bit easier up there i think that is where it was last registered anyway. thanks for the advice.

Goodtime
18-03-2016, 07:17 PM
Bring it to Sydney. So many joints who will take it on the face value of it's road worthiness.

kpow
18-03-2016, 09:45 PM
That might be the go i have also got a gsxr 1100 that isnt too far off being finished i might have to make a trip down and do both at the same time. thanks for the advice guys.

BOBBY
19-03-2016, 07:16 PM
Bring it to Sydney. So many joints who will take it on the face value of it's road worthiness.

A mechanic friend of mine was explaining this to me. There's that many in Sydney now trying to compete amongst each other for a dollar they'll do just about anything at crazy prices.
Down here in the gong it's quite the opposite. You gotta hang onto the good ones you find here.

Hagarr
22-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Is this for a re-registration or a continuation of registration?

I've just had mine, ZXR fighter (built by Jason) re-inspected no dramas at all. Can't find photo at the moment.

it Has a fighter mask, single seat etc.

They even came and picked it up from storage and checked it and took it back for me, cost $85

kpow
23-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Its for a re-registration, its a fighter but everything works I think the bloke I took it to is a bit confused about the rules and was thinking it was a repairable write off which it isnt. Anyway i am going to try somewhere else tomorrow I may s well try all the local people before I take it to Sydney or Queensland I will post how I go thanks to everyone for the advice and information.