PDA

View Full Version : CBR900RR secondary kill switch

Goodtime
05-11-2015, 08:01 AM
Hey all. I'm wanting to install a secondary killswitch on the blade and I am after some advice on the best wire to take it off, preferably one that runs close to the battery location as I will be hiding it on the subframe somewhere! I am best described as a rookie when it comes to electrics so yeah, go easy on me!

Gix11
05-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Why do you want a second one mate?

BANDITROD
05-11-2015, 01:25 PM
just buy one like they use on race cars mate

Goodtime
05-11-2015, 06:28 PM
So if someone jams a screwdriver into my barrel they have one further obstacle to over come. I don't want the lights on or the starter to kick or anything. Cheap insurance. I already have a small switch that I will conceal, just wanted a recommendation on which wire would work best that is in close vicinity to the battery.

slingy88
06-11-2015, 09:54 AM
To kill the lights, starter and everything will need more than a small switch. Best bet is battery isolator switch, trace the main positive battery lead to the starter solenoid. Mount the isolator switch so this lead will reach when unbolted from the starter solenoid. Then make a new lead long enough to go from the other terminal of the isolator back to the starter solenoid. Make the new lead out of the same size or thicker wire as the one you moved from the solenoid to the switch.
Probably the simplest way of doing it without getting into relays and schematics.

But having said all that, I think it'sa bit of waste of time. Generally if people are going to nick your bike, it's 4 blokes, lift it into a trailer or van time, as it doesn't matter what antitheft device's are on the bike then. Those can be dealt with later :-(

Goodtime
13-11-2015, 10:15 AM
That's some sound advice mate. I'll sleep on that!