PDA

View Full Version : AFR UK 2008

Gix11
22-02-2008, 11:29 AM
There seems to be some issues between SFOC and MCC over in the UK but please do not let this deter you from the fact that AFR UK is open to ALL Streetfighter Builders and Riders! Which ever forum/club you are in should have no bearing on your attendance if you are a true 'Fighter fanatic, so support the event and check out some awesome bikes!

<center>http://i14.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/db/9d/fada_12.JPG</center>

<center>The 1st UK AFR Meeeting Is Offically Being Held In Conjunction with 'Aussie streetfighters'

And Will See Streetfighter Sites & Forums Throughout The Globe Unite Unilaterally To Celebrate The Mightiest Of Bikes,

Come And Join The UK's Number 1 Forum For Streetfighters and Modified Bikes Of all Kinds

In This Mass Celebration Of Our Individuality, Lifestyle & Brotherhood

================================================== ====================

Event Orgainsed By StreetFighters-Mcc.co.uk In Conjunction with Aussie Streetfighters

Location = Turnpost Farm, Wymeswold, Leicestershire - LE12 6ST

Dates = 28th - 29th - 30th March

Whats On - 2 Quality 'LIVE' Bands Per Night - Rock Dj's + Other Entertainments

Static Custom Bike Show - Trophies Sponsored By The Hallowed 'Streetfighters Magazine'

Onsite Camping For All Comers, Toilets, Beer Tent, Etc Etc Etc

Ticket Price Includes All The Above And Camping

Discounts Available For NABD Members And Children Under 10yrs of Age

Emails To AFR@Streetfighters-mcc.co.uk For Details On Discounts And Trade Stand Spaces Etc

For Updates On Additions check Link Below :-

http://www.streetfighters-mcc.co.uk/index_files/page0004.htm</center>

TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE HERE:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STREETFIGHTERS-RALLY-AFR-2008-Admission-Ticket_W0QQitemZ130200005637QQihZ003QQcategoryZ256 23QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

SFOC Pres
22-02-2008, 06:27 PM
There seems to be some issues between SFOC and MCC over in the UK but please do not let this deter you from the fact that AFR UK is open to ALL Streetfighter Builders and Riders!

Well after 14 years of running my Club its a sad day when 300 members are not welcome and not allowed to wear their Jackets or T shirts or hoodies
We will not be attending as we are NOT welcome
[V]
I am sure in Oz things are different and the US and NZ
Sorry Si but you have no idea what we are contending with over here and you may wish to turn a Blind eye
and think that SFOC are being childish etc
BUT on the fliers now it says CLUBS by prior arrangment
WE are the biggest Streetfighter Club in the UK
but we are not Welcome!!!!!!!!!! work that out LOL
I wish you over the pond a very successful event
This one over here is a farce!!!!!!

greenmist
22-02-2008, 06:31 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Gix11

There seems to be some issues between SFOC and MCC over in the UK but please do not let this deter you from the fact that AFR UK is open to ALL Streetfighter Builders and Riders! Which ever forum/club you are in should have no bearing on your attendance if you are a true 'Fighter fanatic, so support the event and check out some awesome bikes!

/quote]

see in red not tru gix11

There seems to be some issues between SFOC and MCC over in the UK but please do not let this deter you from the fact that AFR UK is open to ALL Streetfighter Builders and Riders!

EXCEPT SFOC!!!!!!![!]

TurboKat
22-02-2008, 06:35 PM
If the SFOC has 300 members & only a third of you turn up, they'll have a hard time getting a couple of security blokes to turf youz out ;)
Rally the troops Pres. & take over the event... Anarchy in the UK [^]

SFOC Pres
22-02-2008, 06:47 PM
I am the Pres and sorry but I know what my guys are like and it would be very very difficult for it NOT to kick off to we will not be attending
We are NOT welcome and I would'nt give SFMCC my last penny or even my first to walk through the gate to abuse
Why would we pay to get into a fight cos we have our jackets on
Sorry but not gonna happen

03gixxerpilot
22-02-2008, 08:09 PM
It is a sad day indeed when we (and i mean everyone) who ride and enjoy all forms of motorcycles cannot get along for just one event, sure we sling shit at each other about brands and types of bikes that we ride but (hopefully) that is in jest. Hell we all enjoy building and fiding bikes, i don't know what politics are at play here (please feel free to let me know, by email if you like)

How dose ONE club get the "Rights" to run the AFR over another, do you run your fighter clubs like outlaw clubs. as i said i don't know the politics so please try to educate me.

SFOC Pres
22-02-2008, 08:16 PM
How dose ONE club get the "Rights" to run the AFR over another, do you run your fighter clubs like outlaw clubs. as i said i don't know the politics so please try to educate me.

You tell me [8)]

Bear
22-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Hey Pres, is it too late to stage your own AFR and leave it open to anybody?

03gixxerpilot
22-02-2008, 08:44 PM
:([B)]don't know what to say............................................... .......

SFOC Pres
22-02-2008, 08:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bear

Hey Pres, is it too late to stage your own AFR and leave it open to anybody?

WE ARE going and Partying this weekend shame not to really
why should we be turned away so we will be partying HARD that weekend
FREE everything so we will be holding our own little AFR :D :D

hooligan
23-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Gix tries to do something cool to promote the scene, trying to make something that works here global.
Fucking shame that it becomes a pissing contest and makes us look childish.[V]

Jockney Rebel
23-02-2008, 12:07 PM
..yeah hes the one i feel for. he s spent shit loads of time and effort tryin to get this off the ground and the only place we get grief is where it all started

SFOC Pres
25-02-2008, 05:03 AM
AGREED

Rocket
25-02-2008, 09:16 AM
So where are the MCC responses to all of this ?

They should be thanked for fucking up a perfectly good and selfless idea.
Or at least respond here to what is being said.

crazyfrog
25-02-2008, 10:41 AM
I would like to add, thankyou for inviting the UK in this anual event and trying to get other streetfighter mad guys and gals involved from all over world.

As from previous posts that the UK flyer was changed on several occasions. The fact was that SFOC was not welcome as a club, now you have to ask yourselves WHY NOT. Since SF MCC started the SFOC have done everything in their power to keep SF MCC and any other's upto date with events all over the UK and not stopped from them attending any function or event, or stopped them from wearing any merchandise.

Sorry but I could not just sit back and say nothing, with respect to the ASF.

zx12argh
25-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Am I the only Aussie who is confused as to WTF is going on?

latheboy
25-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Nah im with you there argh ... No idea why the kiddies cant play nice

SFOC Pres
25-02-2008, 08:02 PM
We in the SFOC are with you on being confused

sharky
25-02-2008, 08:15 PM
I just joined (via an alias) and asked why this was happening and the response was........wait for it....

My post was deleted. [:0]

Arnold Layne
25-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah but Maxjr c'mon mate :)

Jockney Rebel
25-02-2008, 09:13 PM
arnie ...."which ones pink" then ?

sharky
25-02-2008, 09:19 PM
I was callin it as I see it Mr Layne...

So are you going to explain this ludicrous situation to us ??

Jockney Rebel
25-02-2008, 09:28 PM
pleeez do im all ears

sharky
25-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Mmmm....Just had a 'personal' message from Gatecrasher.

All I will say is why not just bury the hatchet and accept that you all have one common interest and concentrate on that.

Jockney Rebel
25-02-2008, 09:35 PM
all i can say is "wish you were here" and that we re not all "animals'
please dont let this be "the final cut" so we find our backs to "the wall"
we ll accept this "momentary lapse of reason" and hope the D.O.A. uk event finds a "pulse"

Gix11
25-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Jim have you been smoking and listening to Floyd again?

Arnold Layne
25-02-2008, 09:58 PM
WHOOOAAAA there dont hit "the division bell" yet i have seen both sides of this i was the first guy to reply to maxjr as i was as much in the dark as anyone else but my eyes have now been opened to the "delicate sound of thunder" and all i can say is we are not all "sheep" and we should all "keep talking" as i want to watch "emily play" this whole situation is all to much ................"US AND THEM" :)

sharky
25-02-2008, 10:05 PM
You may have been mate but anything I post as a reply 'disappears'

I'm bored of this now.....[|)]

Arnold Layne
25-02-2008, 10:09 PM
i know i know i have had a lot of blank spaces filled after a chat and to be honest it has p'ssd me big time (and my posts have gone awol too)

Whizzkid
26-02-2008, 03:23 AM
i added a thread on the mcc website giving a link to this thread for there members to have there say and it was deleted to, although i did get a personal message from gatecrasher explaining his side of things, we sent a few messages back and forth and the general gist of things i can get is he doesnt mind them coming just not wearing there t shirts, i said i would be wearing my asf t-shirts and how would it be different and he said something about there website having a pres and it comes under patch and he doesnt want any trouble or something to that effect!!! at the end of the day i think both sides are cutting there nose's off despite their faces, mcc are doing it by not letting sfoc wear their tops and by doing this they wont attend, they are prob the biggest streetfighter club in the uk and it wont be the same without them there (not to mention the numbers attending will be ALOT lower)and sfoc are doing it by not swollowing their pride and saying look, it will be a great event, we will get our boys there. they should have a one to one with each other (on here :D) to discess what each others concerns are and hopfully rectify them, as i said, being that sfoc are the biggest streetfighter club in the uk the event will not be the same without them, in order for it to be a real success both sides need to call a truce and get there arse's down there and have a knees up. bloody poms.............................................. .......................... im gonna bloody move over there with you lot :D

Arnold Layne
26-02-2008, 06:14 AM
Waddaya mean bloody poms !!! you only came back coz we give you parole ;)
Saw your post too mate and direct linked to it on here but that was deleted too :(
it's all abit H/A fer me

Whizzkid
26-02-2008, 06:36 AM
lol, yeah, tell me about it, im 100% going to the afr here, just think its a shame everyone else feels like they cant come. where u from then A.L.?

Arnold Layne
26-02-2008, 06:54 AM
I'm 3 miles from the UK AFR site :) d'ya think i'll make it?? cant wait:D

Whizzkid
26-02-2008, 07:17 AM
lol, good for you fella, i will def be there, am trying to recruit so dont have to come by my lonesome :D haha

BillyWhizz888
26-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Oh... I better start making room in the robe for my new UK AFR shirt then... :D

Whizzkid
26-02-2008, 09:11 AM
if theres some there dad will sort it out for ya, i think its to shorta notice to get afr shirts dont for 08 though

greenmist
26-02-2008, 09:45 AM
this is gatecrashers post about people going to the uk afr and here was me thinking its all about streetfighterd bikes must have got my wires mixed up

look at his comments in red.

Gatecrasha
SITE - ADMIN

1978 Harris magnum 2
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:51 am Post subject:

be good to see you there whizz,
and get gix to send you an XXL in them shirts as i'd like to put me name down for one,

dont worry regards the bike,
we got folks coming in many forms of transport,

its not all about the bikes afterall,
streetfightering is as much a way of life for most of us,
(said the bloke with his bike in a thousand pieces and attending in a transit van)

Gix11
26-02-2008, 05:19 PM
From Steve (Gatecrasher at MCC) - He gave it to me as he does not wish to enter into a public slanging match and lower the tone of the site:

Firstly, Hello Fellow Fighters,
A small intro before you read on,
The names steve, aka – gatecrasha,
And I happen to be the Admin of SF-Mcc

A lot of the reply i will be giving to the questions raised is actually to be found here,
please note the common sense attitude to all THATS BEEN THROWN ONTO asf,

and please note my highlighted sections of post below
(seen in bold and red)

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9225
REF:- davo = Posted - 24 Feb 2008 : 22:23:09
QUOTE:-

as 1 of the original founders/organisers of the AFR i'll throw in my 2 cents.

We are not a club,we are just a bunch of Aussie's who share the same interest and gather for an annual piss up once a year,now known as the April Fools Run.Most of us have ASF shirts,but doesn't matter if ya don't coz we all still do smelly shits.If i was a member of a club,i'd be more than happy to leave my club colours at home (with my attitude)to attend a fuckin unbeatable party with others that shared my interest.Its not about ya fuckin shirt...its about streetfighters.

please now take the time to re-read the posts placed by sfoc members etc in the AFR topics found below:-
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9421

and remember the following facts:-
SF-Mcc is a [u]website</u>, as such we have members,
[u]members of a website</u>

we are in someways, a club,
but only in the way a club can be described as
a group of friends or associates

theres a post in ASF site which was a private message to karlgixer,

please see it in the form of it explained,
because theres a few bits of info i think most asf replies seem to miss
Missing info will be posted below each part in 'red'

------------------------------
To:**********
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:48 pm
Subject: Re: sfoc

you know whats coming next then dont ya...........
(this is implying that there has actually been previous pm''s which dont seem to be posted here,
this is called selective propoganda - most effectively seen used in history ironicly by the nazi's)

sfoc members are welcome to attend the AFR meet in the true spirit of the AFR
DID ANYONE MISS THIS PART
however,
anyone attending wearing sfoc clothing will be denied access to the event
and anyone gaining access and found wearing 'said' clothing will be asked to leave by security
IN SHORT - AFTER TRYING TO RESOLVE THE SHIT sfoc HAS SLAMMED SF-MCC'S WAY, THE DESCISSION WAS TAKEN TO FINALLY STATE THE ABOVE - IN SHORT!!,
LEAVE YOUR COLOURS AND ATTITUDES AT THE GATE,
COME AND JOIN IN THE AFR AS EQUALS AND FRIENDS,

please also note&gt;
sf-mcc is not the first website that sfoc has fallen out with,
sfoc has something of an history for this sort of thing here in the uk,
and theyre history along these lines extend beyond websites
do not let the petty minded comments of the few
spoil your opinions of SF-Mcc [u]which is the largest streetfighter community in the uk,
in only 12 mths with 1325 active posted members</u>
(read into this the facts)

comments have been posted regarding the price sf-mcc has placed on entry to the uk-afr event,
please note the uk is now a days run by
'health and safety' officers etc, the uk is getting worse for H&S
and all planned large events have to present an appraisal of attending figures etc,
pay insurance cover for event,
organise beer sales licences,
pay for marquee hire,
mobile bars,
we have 4 topline bands on,
team of DJ's working from 12 noon through to end of evenings entertainments,
venue hire,
first aid cover,
portable toilets,
so on and so forth etc etc etc

all this has been put together in only 6 weeks !!!!

and the cost to folks attending = £15 sterling
or should that read = $32 aussie dollars

SF-Mcc does not run for profit,
profits from all our organised meets are donated to charity,

a different nominated charity is arranged for all our meets,
(summer bash raised over £200 for breast cancer)
(christmas bash raised £100 for the charity 'scope' - cerebal palsy)

ANY & ALL LOOSES ARE COVERED BY MY OWN POCKETS !!!!!

so you may now be asking why i have not posted a reply to all the shit that sfoc has posted on aussie streetfighters,
this is because i do not wish to enter into a public slanging match
sfoc has created this situation here in the uk,
and is now creating it in austrailia,

i repeat,
all that has been said
is leave your patches and attitudes at the gate
you are welcome as members of your site

sfoc was approached a month before SF-Mcc and asked to organise a uk-afr,
as was old skool Suzuki,
it was only myself and SF-Mcc who took up the challenge,

it was stated on sfoc that their ‘President’ had no means of contacting me
this was in reply to GIX11’s asking if they had,
and yet it was known I was a member on there,
so could be contacted via private message on the site, or via email through the site,
their ‘President’ is also signed up to SF-Mcc, same again regarding pm’s / emails, but……… she also has my telephone number, and has rung to contact me on many occasions regarding minor issues she has with SF-Mcc
like why aint you banning this guy I just banned – it’s so unfair SF-Mcc has a mention in the mag etc etc etc,
so why no calls this time round?? – I dunno folks,??

I have worked with karlgixer acting on behalf of sfoc,
And have attempted to maintain an even keel on things whilst sfoc has continued to ‘burn their bridges’

The main question is,
why after burning their bridges
are they now complaining regards the smell of smoke

Quote myself-
and get gix to send you an XXL in them shirts as i'd like to put me name down for one,

(said the bloke with his bike in a thousand pieces and attending in a transit van)
A- it is bike building time here in the uk,
and my bikes build is on hiold due to organising the AFr for everyone elses pleasure,
also given that the AFR here is set to be a full blown rally, theres a multitude of items required, securites radio's etc, event markers to direct folks in etc, and so on,
so i will be attending myself in the sites own members support truck
which has been purpose built for the very purpose of events such as this

greenmist
26-02-2008, 11:29 PM
what a crock of poo.

(this is implying that there has actually been previous pm''s which dont seem to be posted here,
this is called selective propoganda - most effectively seen used in history ironicly by the nazi's)

that was the whole pm with nothing removed ( i am not like haz i dont delete parts and reword them

yes we are but not in sfoc clothing thats like saying yes you can come but leave your bike at home.

IN SHORT - AFTER TRYING TO RESOLVE THE SHIT sfoc HAS SLAMMED SF-MCC'S WAY, THE DESCISSION WAS TAKEN TO FINALLY STATE THE ABOVE - IN SHORT!!,

i did try to arange a meeting between sf-mcc and sfoc to sort this out but steve said why should the sf-mcc meet you lot so [u]it was not sfoc</u> that did not want to sort this mess out [u][u]but it was sf-mcc that did not want to sort it</u></u>please also note&gt;
spoil your opinions of SF-Mcc which is the largest streetfighter community in the uk,
in only 12 mths with 1325 active posted members

yes we are the biggest

the only other site we had a ding dong with was scotish fighters club and the reason for this was they where also calling them selfs sf sfoc (scotish fighters owners club)

we dont have to aulter out site figers like you do.

when you ban members you dont remove all the info and every time a person joins your site thecount in stead of going uo by 1 goes up by 10 as i have seen this happen first hand and even steve has said to pat i can show you how to do this

one last thing if you are so big why do you have to sell the tickets on ebay?

Jockney Rebel
26-02-2008, 11:41 PM
fuck me thanks for reminding me why i emigrated

jakam04
27-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Hums a little tune to myself "I see red" (good ole split enz)

J

Onefut
27-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Hi Gix11 I am sorry to enter this debate on your site but I feel I must.
I came on the forum with the intention of lookin around an seein wot u guys were up to but also too see wot was bein said over here about the AFR-UK

I have kept a very unbiased view of the "discussions" so far an have been able to see both sides of the Story an have been slowly working I the background tryin to resolve this matter an calm the waters so to speak.

But Gatecrasher has made one comment/comparison in his post (its his post even tho someone else put it up) that has saddened me to see

But first let me lay my cards on the table.
I make know secret of the fact I am an SFOC member and have been since almost the start of the club and am its longest standing member.

This may take a while an I apologise now for the lengthy reply
My reply to comments is in bold purple for those who have allready read thru Gatecrasha's orig post.

quote:Originally posted by Gix11

From Steve (Gatecrasher at MCC) - He gave it to me as he does not wish to enter into a public slanging match and lower the tone of the site:
The fact that Gatecrasher has given any response with the intention of anyone posting it or even allowing them to post it does not show that he " does not wish to enter into a public slanging match and lower the tone of the site "
If this was his intention then he cud have easily said in private how he felt an left it at that or just said nothing

Firstly, Hello Fellow Fighters,
A small intro before you read on,
The names steve, aka – gatecrasha,
And I happen to be the Admin of SF-Mcc

A lot of the reply i will be giving to the questions raised is actually to be found here,
please note the common sense attitude to all THATS BEEN THROWN ONTO asf,

and please note my highlighted sections of post below
(seen in bold and red)

REF:- davo = Posted - 24 Feb 2008 : 22:23:09
QUOTE:-

as 1 of the original founders/organisers of the AFR i'll throw in my 2 cents.

We are not a club,we are just a bunch of Aussie's who share the same interest and gather for an annual piss up once a year,now known as the April Fools Run.Most of us have ASF shirts,but doesn't matter if ya don't coz we all still do smelly shits.If i was a member of a club,i'd be more than happy to leave my club colours at home (with my attitude)to attend a fuckin unbeatable party with others that shared my interest.Its not about ya fuckin shirt...its about streetfighters.

please now take the time to re-read the posts placed by sfoc members etc in the AFR topics found below:-
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9421

and remember the following facts:-
SF-Mcc is a [u]website</u>, as such we have members,
[u]members of a website</u>

we are in someways, a club,
but only in the way a club can be described as
a group of friends or associates

theres a post in ASF site which was a private message to karlgixer,

please see it in the form of it explained,
because theres a few bits of info i think most asf replies seem to miss
Missing info will be posted below each part in 'red'

------------------------------
To:**********
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:48 pm
Subject: Re: sfoc

Gatecrasha could have used almost any analogy there or just said it was propaganda or selective posting and everyone wud have got the message but he didn’t. Instead he chose to throw oil on the fire and make a comparison between between either Karl or SFOC and the Nazis
This is the comment that has lead me to put up my own post

however,
anyone attending wearing sfoc clothing will be denied access to the event
and anyone gaining access and found wearing 'said' clothing will be asked to leave by security
SFOC are not a patch club (if they were I wudnt be in it) we do not have colours we have club merchandise with the club logo on it, I believe it is also possible to get similar merchandise but with Sf-mcc logo on it.
Does that means anyone wearin a Sf-mcc jacket will also be asked to remove it?

please also note&gt;
such as?
I know of one group who were usin SFOC on there merchandise an were asked to change it to SSOC and there ended up being a falling out
I also believe there was a fall out with OSS but this is now being mended or even resolved

[ purple] All groups and individuals have fall outs at some point with someone
But if both parties are willing to concentrate on their common interests and not there differences then things will progress in a better direction

spoil your opinions of SF-Mcc
I have too agree with this and say it also stands for SFOC
Don’t let anyone’s opinion spoil your opinion of anyone or any group find out for yourselves.

[u]which is the largest streetfighter community in the uk,
in only 12 mths with 1325 active posted members</u>
We can all boast about stuff & sometimes do,
Lets be proud of whats been achieved but lets not do the my dick is bigger than yours thing. Lets just get on with enjoyin one anothers bikes

comments have been posted regarding the price sf-mcc has placed on entry to the uk-afr event,
please note the uk is now a days run by
'health and safety' officers etc, the uk is getting worse for H&S
and all planned large events have to present an appraisal of attending figures etc,
pay insurance cover for event,
organise beer sales licences,
pay for marquee hire,
mobile bars,
we have 4 topline bands on,
team of DJ's working from 12 noon through to end of evenings entertainments,
venue hire,
first aid cover,
portable toilets,
so on and so forth etc etc etc

all this has been put together in only 6 weeks !!!!

and the cost to folks attending = £15 sterling
or should that read = $32 aussie dollars
Im not sure what comments GC is talking about but I think 15 quid is a fair price for an event such as this an I think he have done an amazing job in organising it in such a short time. I certainly couldn’t have done it.

SF-Mcc does not run for profit,
profits from all our organised meets are donated to charity,
a different nominated charity is arranged for all our meets,
(summer bash raised over £200 for breast cancer)
(christmas bash raised £100 for the charity 'scope' - cerebal palsy)
Nice one! We shud all work towards this as it helps others and lifts the profile of bikers

ANY & ALL LOOSES ARE COVERED BY MY OWN POCKETS !!!!!
Weve had this with SFOC and It was agreed no one person shud have to loose money. The group/club shud help out in this an im sure if asked them they will. This is not one persons responsibility but the groups/members.

so you may now be asking why i have not posted a reply to all the shit that sfoc has posted on aussie streetfighters,
this is because i do not wish to enter into a public slanging match
sfoc has created this situation here in the uk,
and is now creating it in austrailia,
I say it again incase it was missed before:
The fact that Gatecrasher has given any response with the intention of anyone posting it or even allowing them to post it does not show that he " does not wish to enter into a public slanging match and lower the tone of the site "
If this was his intention then he cud have easily said in private how he felt an left it at that or just said nothing

i repeat,
all that has been said
is leave your patches and attitudes at the gate
you are welcome as members of your site
Again SFOC do not have patches, we are a club with a website and forum and we are proud of it and why shouldn’t we be?
The guys in the club have helped me through a tough time and helped me get back on a bike after nasty crash. Why wud I not want to wear my jacket in honour of them?
Why is it a problem?
I don’t get it!
If someone is part of a motorbike club why wud they not wanna wear there club jacket at a rally?

sfoc was approached a month before SF-Mcc and asked to organise a uk-afr,
as was old skool Suzuki,
it was only myself and SF-Mcc who took up the challenge,
This is true but Gatecrasha was also approached by me in December when I suggested that he contact Pat as she had also started the ball rollin and he declined on the grounds of him not liking the feedback he was getting about comments on the SFOC site about SF-mcc

it was stated on sfoc that their ‘President’ had no means of contacting me
this was in reply to GIX11’s asking if they had,
and yet it was known I was a member on there,
so could be contacted via private message on the site, or via email through the site,
their ‘President’ is also signed up to SF-Mcc, same again regarding pm’s / emails, but……… she also has my telephone number,
I think this hits the nail on the head really
This whole situation has arisen from some slight friction being allowed to fester due to both parties lack of communication
If the comms had been good there wud have been little room for assumptions and listening to others folx grievances would not have then added to the situation

and has rung to contact me on many occasions regarding minor issues she has with SF-Mcc
like why aint you banning this guy I just banned – it’s so unfair SF-Mcc has a mention in the mag etc etc etc,
so why no calls this time round?? – I dunno folks,??
Im sorry but if he " does not wish to enter into a public slanging match and lower the tone of the site " why has he given someone else a post to put up for him counting such a direct comment aimed at one person.

I have worked with karlgixer acting on behalf of sfoc,
And have attempted to maintain an even keel on things whilst sfoc has continued to ‘burn their bridges’
The main question is,
why after burning their bridges
are they now complaining regards the smell of smoke
I would suggest that the bridge was burnt at both ends

Quote myself-

A- it is bike building time here in the uk,
and my bikes build is on hiold due to organising the AFr for everyone elses pleasure,
also given that the AFR here is set to be a full blown rally, theres a multitude of items required, securites radio's etc, event markers to direct folks in etc, and so on,
so i will be attending myself in the sites own members support truck
which has been purpose built for the very purpose of events such as this

So we can either bury the hatchet an start again having learnt our lessons
Which will be tough as a lot of folk have had there nose put out of joint
Or
We can at least be grown up about it an both admit that mistakes were made an wrong things were said on both sides an agree to disagree
But not step on one anothers toes in the hope that one day the matter may be resolved and we can all get on and work together (im not talking bout bein best mates)
Or
Folk can continue arguing and all the legislators can come in an spoil all are fun coz we were to busy fighting amongst ourselves

The choice is our to make

I know there are folk on both site who just want this to end now and are fed up of it all an want it to end so we can all get on with building and ridin our bikes

An if anyone is interested in how I feel about someone/something or even them personally or their group
Come an ask me don’t listen to wot someone else is telling ya an [u]never</u> assume I feel a certain way about summat unless you have asked me 1st

Im sorry for the waffling shite amongst maybe one or two decent comments

I apologies to ASF for posting as such when I have such a low post count (2) on your site
Please accept my apologies

I wont be postin on this thread about this anymore unless asked too by one of the ASF lot as i do not think it right or fair to bring them in this
if someone has summat to say to me about it then please pm me, no rants an raves as i wont reply keep it to civil discusion an only if you wanna help resolve the situation
[/purple]

gsxr884
27-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Just how many rallies in this country are run with the NO BACK PATCH rule or CLUBS BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT ONLY.
A hell of a lot.
I would rather go and not display any colours( not that i have any i aint into it) than not go at all.
Folks can we just quit the mudslinging and get down to the basics here.
I ride a bike just like you all do and all everyone wnats to do is have a fucking party with no grief.
Its like a bunch of 5 year olds at school, its my ball and i dont want you to play with it.
Well i am to old for this sort of bollox so sort yourselves out or no one will bother going and what could have been a great event could well be a fucking wash out with fall out for years between people who should be getting on together not having in fighting.
Fuck we have enough trouble with the establishment , we dont need it amongst ourselves

Whizzkid
27-02-2008, 02:21 AM
I feel sorry for gix to a great degree, He has attempted to bring something great to the rest of the world and thus has shit thrust back at him. I think onefut is spot on and i take my hat off to the bloke, some real sensible comments made there.
idealy MCC will swallow their pride and withdraw their comments and say SFOC are welcome WITH there colours and SFOC will swallow there pride and come, i honestly think if this doesnt happen things wont ever be rectified. if they both do this the event itself would prosper and isnt that what its all about at the end of the day??? I really hope things between the two clubs/sites and be resolved, we should be setting an example to the rest of the world and thus far have embarressed ourselves by squabbling like school kids, come on people, it takes a bigger man/woman to swallow their pride than it does to keep this going. lets make amends and have a great first AFR.

perversepolisher
27-02-2008, 02:44 AM
I'm one person who has been caught (only slightly) in the crossfire. I can understand both sides views, but as far as I'm concerned a little bit of tolerance would go a long way.

I've co-run OldSkoolSUZUKI for some time now, I've seen all sorts of comments/abuse pass through over the last few years and I've got to say, this is the daftest and most out-of-hand I've ever seen anything get.

Having spent time on the phone to both Pat and Steve, I appreciate why you have your standpoint, perhaps more than other people would. However, at the moment, there are 2 events occuring in the UK at the same time, which can only be a good thing. I've suggested on OSS today, that members who can't make it to to either event could arrange their own for that weekend, which judging from the PM's and emails has been met with a positive response.

I fully support this global event happening. Here in the UK, if things work out, there will be several hundred people at the Streetfighters MCC organised event, there should also be quite a decent sized gathering at the SFOC event (excellent location btw) and a lot of smaller events in pubs/biker haunts all over the UK organised by people who can't travel (for whatever reason) the sort of distances required for the bigger events. I hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes by getting these minor gatherings organised, but if everyone can just pull together for one weekend (it's not asking much really) we can all have a great Streetfighter party (you should be able to smell the burnt rubber from the UK nutters)

Best of luck to everyone trying their hardest to organise something.

perversepolisher
27-02-2008, 02:53 AM
quote:
I also believe there was a fall out with OSS but this is now being mended or even resolved
Quite correct.
Pat and I have been talking and got to the bottom of the trouble, which as far as we're both concerned is now ancient history.

Pooka
27-02-2008, 05:46 AM
Helloooooooo all from bonnie wee Scottieland. [8D] ( Actually it's noe that wee. It's bigger than my butt cheeks at least... well... one o' them. :D )

Just popped in to add my wee tuppence worth if ye all don't mind. :D

All the best to everyone who is organising an AFR, whichever country you might be in.:)

I am the northern rep for SFOC. I'm very proud to be a member of SFOC. It's not just a website. It's not just a forum. It's a family of people who all come together to talk about their bikes they are fightering or helping each other out and they always welcome newbies into the scene. We get together as often as we can, holding meets, chilli nights, party nights and our rally every year for which we have a right shindig at and many non Streetfighter folks attend who appreciate the amount of work and time and effort we put in to the love of our bikes. Isn't that what it's all about folks? Getting people together to understand and realise that we aren't just a bunch of mad bikers hell bent on piss ups and partying?... hmmmmm ok.. I might take that one back at some point. [:p]

I'm a proud member of the SFOC of UK and I wear my jacket with mucho pride whether it be to the shops, to the swimming, in the bath, in me bed although my other half has problems with it [8)] ( dunno why) ... but my love and dedication to this scene can be without question.

We should all be coming together in our own individual right to celebrate the love we have for our bikes and our friends, our community, hell yeah even our family!

There were many from SFOC going to attend the AFR being organised but when they found out they were allowed to attend but couldnt wear their jackets which they take great pride in wearing ( please refer back to my bedroom scene and my man's eyes rolling at me not taking mine off), then many changed their minds.

Why? Because we are proud of who we are and the community that we represent. Aren't you?

If someone told you that you were welcome to an event but werent allowed to wear the name of your club with pride, ask yourself the question as honestly as you possibly can.. ( depending on the amount of alcohol in your system at the time).. Would you make a stand and say ! Naw, hod oan bawbags, I'm proud of my family, my community and my club. I'm a respectable member of my society, I help old people over the road and carry their shopping** and I will wear my club jacket with pride!".. or would you say... " Ok, sir and how many sugars would you like in your tea? Of course I won't wear my jacket coz it might upset ye! What arse cheek would you like me to kiss tonight?"

It's all bollox people! The AFR is an event where everybody gets together and celebrates the fact that we love Streetfighters! thats what it's all about and no one will control what we wear or when we wear it. I've never heard of any Streetfighter group out to cause trouble. We're all just too engrossed in our bikes to be bothered with such niceties!

So we won't go to any event which tries to "HIDE OUR PRIDE" but we will be positive and host our own event which is what we are actually doing.

All the best to everyone going to an AFR event. We will certainly thoroughly enjoy ours. :D[8D]

** disclaimer = we don't all help old people across the road or hold their bags. It gets in the way of holding the booze from the off licence. :D

sharky
27-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Bloody oath !!
Worldwide AFR's to UNITE Streetfighter fans everywhere.

I do think some folk have got 'confused' by the whole patch thing.
'Back Patch Clubs' & 'Colours' are terms used generally by the likes of the H.A. etc
When I was a member of a club in the UK this applied to us but with diplomacy and communication we attended many other 'patch clubs' events with no problems.
Our ASF patch and those worn by SF-Mcc & S.F.O.C. do not come under the above.

latheboy
27-02-2008, 06:21 AM
Welcome to our site the first posters .. its a shame this is the thread you have come to this site to post in .. Please Take your time to have a look around.. It is a great place!!!!! I really hope we dont get bombarded with people come here because they have to have a bitch about someone else .. THATS NOT WHAT THIS SITE IS ABOUT! .. There have been a couple of posts put up that have tried explaining WTF is going on (thanks), but i still feel that not all the information is getting out... And it prob. will never come out thats just the way it is, Humans Suck..
I would really like for this stuff to get sorted out, because in the long run do you really want to have the same shit going on that the HD clubs get .. Shootings/bashings between clubs .. Thats Ghey..
You are bothers and sisters in the same family (STREETFIGHTER OWNER BUILDER RIDERS) You may not like each other but you should be descent to each other, thats how a family works and you get along because its the right thing to do!!!
I dont care who's right or wrong but please guys and girls work it out and be adults about it.

Whizzkid
27-02-2008, 07:26 AM
steve, are sfoc allowed to attend with there club jackets on etc, not askin if they would or not just asking from your point of view would they be allowed enterance wearing there gear?

Kaos
27-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Never thought i,d say this .................. i'm ashamed to be British :(

greenmist
27-02-2008, 07:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Whizzkid

steve, are sfoc allowed to attend with there club jackets on etc, not askin if they would or not just asking from your point of view would they be allowed enterance wearing there gear?

we are NOT allowed to go and enter if we have the following on

jacket
t-shirt
sweat shirt
hat
or anything that has sfoc on it.

so lets say the sfoc say ok we will swollow aour pride ( and i do mean if) and we go without any sfoc clothing on what so ever nealy all of the members bikes have sfoc tank pads on and of sfoc stickers or sfoc engraved on parts of the bike

does that mean that the bikes are not welcome eather?

fucked if i know.

perversepolisher
27-02-2008, 07:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Kaos

I quite agree with you there.
Especially after the flack I've caught based on my earlier post. I thought I was being helpful, but it hasn't been perceived that way by several people

greenmist
27-02-2008, 07:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by perversepolisher

Especially after the flack I've caught based on my earlier post. I thought I was being helpful, but it hasn't been perceived that way by several people

i do know what you are saying in your first post.

it just pisses me off that steve has not got the bollox to say anything he has left it for some one else to do his dirty work for him (yet again).

i will post no more on this matter (unless i am provoked)

ps

i have had a gool look around the asf site and all i will say is

what a damm damm good site you have lads (and lasses you must have female members to i hope)

keep up the good work and i will be popping on to have a good read ect (if you dont mind that is)

all th best
GM:)

Kaos
27-02-2008, 08:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by greenmist

quote:Originally posted by perversepolisher

i do know what you are saying in your first post.

it just pisses me off that steve has not got the bollox to say anything he has left it for some one else to do his dirty work for him (yet again).

i will post no more on this matter (unless i am provoked)

ps

i have had a gool look around the asf site and all i will say is

what a damm damm good site you have lads (and lasses you must have female members to i hope)

keep up the good work and i will be popping on to have a good read ect (if you dont mind that is)

all th best
GM:)

Let it sleep Karl this is embarrasing enough already

Seifer
27-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Just saw this posted on OSS:

April Fools Run. Posted Tuesday, February 26, 2008 by PerversePolisher

No doubt that by now many of you will have heard of the April Fools Run (AFR) being organised by streetfighters MCC which is based upon an idea originated by a top Australian based site, streetfighters.com.au
The event is intended to bring like-minded Streetfighter owners together, with meetings being organised all around the World. We have been asked to attend with as many members as possible. Please visit the Streetfighters MCC site to buy yourself a ticket.

Similarly, Streetfighters Owners Club (SFOC) are also organising an event, again, which OSS have been invited to attend, at Squires Cafe, Yorkshire. This is a "free to attend" gathering, and well worth going along to, if only to gawp at bikes, chat quarter-mile times, discuss trick engineering, etc.

Naturally both events will be taking place simultaneously.

As an addition to these gatherings, which will be fantastic whichever you go to, I would also like to propose a series of smaller gatherings of Streetfighter builders, riders, enthusiasts, etc. all over the UK in pubs, biker-haunts and any other meeting places. If you'd like to get involved in getting a smaller gathering together somewhere, please let me know (and for once, in the interests of unity, we won't be limiting this to just Suzuki's)

Large
27-02-2008, 10:46 AM
That settles it

I'm wearing my Harley shirt to the AFR

[^]

Whizzkid
27-02-2008, 11:25 AM
FARKIN EARTHQUATE HERE, ITS ALL ON THE NEWS AND EVERYTHING, LASTED ABOUT 10 SECONDS, WHOLE COUNTRY FELT IT, 4.7 ON RICTER SCALE

BANDITROD
27-02-2008, 11:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

That settles it

I'm wearing my Harley shirt to the AFR

[^]

:D

Pooka
27-02-2008, 12:27 PM

Really? feckin hell and there was me thinkin me post was pretty light hearted. :DOh well.

At the end of the day folks there are AFR's going on in the Uk.So whats the problem? Ok we are not all united, but hey we arent all coming togethere for a day to be feckin hypocrites then going back to our daily day ins and day outs. Theres AFR's . they are seperate events. In seperate parts of the country. Hey ho . Lets just rock.

Gix11
27-02-2008, 01:26 PM
OK. I'm Closing this topic.

Final words:

Steve has put a lot of effort into this event in the UK - please suppoort him with the event this year and see it for what it is - AFR - a gathering of Streetfighter fanatics. If Steve is out of pocket because of an event I intiated I will be very disappointed. If you're a true 'fighter fan who is not concerned about which club association you are in then this should be a great event for you. That is by no means detracting from SFOC as a streetfighter community.

Karl and all the other SFOC members above: You guys also have an AFR event going that I have heard about, although it seems to be more SFOC member based. You are still coming together for the event and that is good, I appreciate it and wish you all the best for a good weekend and look forward to the photos and stories afterwards.

Simon (PP) - I'll have to send an email mate.

<center>PLEASE - WHATEVER HAPPENS THIS YEAR HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND AFTERWARDS CAN WE MAKE A FULL EFFORT TO FIX AN UNNECESSARY GAP BETWEEN GROUPS AND AIM FOR A UNITED AFR NEXT YEAR!?</center>