PDA

View Full Version : Looking for headlight

Goodtime
24-09-2015, 08:39 PM
Whaddup kients. I am after a new headlight for my Fireblade. I'm after a OEM unit, something that has a good quality of build, which is complete and which will bolt to my conventional style fork (not USD). I'm thinking something along the lines of a KTM Superduke headlight, Triumph Street triple, the new double headlight type, or something similar. I don't want the Ebay style look, with the single light and moto style guard or a mask. Any ideas or links to parts sites would be much appreciated!

Gix11
25-09-2015, 09:32 AM
Chris is selling a Yamaha MT09 headlight unit right now. You can't go past that as a reliable and tidy unit: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?27807-MT09-headlight

hooligan
25-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the plug, Si.
And i'm in sydney so you can pick up if you wanted it. Brand new light, with globes and yamaha box.

Goodtime
28-09-2015, 11:10 PM
Does it come with the hardware to mount it to my forks??

hooligan
29-09-2015, 03:28 PM
no, just the headlight.
But anything can be made to work - ive got an ER6N headlight on my vfr on brackets i made myself, so it can be done.
Changing from headlights that mount in a fairing to fork mounted, you won't find anything that's exactly plug and play, but a lot that's universal, that will fit anything with a bit of work.
What diameter are the blade forks? Fork brackets are all over ebay for different sizes.
But if i can make brackets, anyone can.
I saw a modded ducati with a dash bracket from aluminium hex sheet, which i thought was brilliant.Strong, Light, and easily done with hand tools.

Goodtime
09-10-2015, 02:32 AM
I'll pass mate. I'm not super keen on the low slung look of the headlight to be honest.

hooligan
09-10-2015, 04:37 AM
No worries.