PDA

View Full Version : Bolts needed to connect the front assembly to the bike

awright580
09-08-2015, 02:28 PM
Hey all Alex here. This may sound ambiguous but I have no idea what to call this thing. Anyways its the metal bracket on the front on my 02 Suzuki GSF 1200. I will post a picture here so that maybe you guy's can help me understand what size bolts I need to attach this thing!! Thanks in advance!

latheboy
10-08-2015, 08:10 AM
Get yourself a vernier and measure the holes. Ø8.5 I think ...

Measure the width of the bracket then add enough for a couple of washers and a nyloc nut.

M8 x 40 should do it no problem.

Gix11
10-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Yea, that's what some call the instrument cluster bracket or cowling brace. You can see the bolts here and what they look like plus the part number if you want to splash out and get OEM parts:

http://www.bike-parts-suz.com/suzuki-recherche-bike-pieces_nn.php?compteur=1066&PartsListID=585735

I based that search on your having a 2006 N model. If it's not that then simply go back and search the correct model.

It'll be far cheaper and quicker to go and get bolts yourself from your local Nut and bolt shop though.

Cheers

awright580
10-08-2015, 02:24 PM
I put the instrument cluster on and it looked terrible. Without the fairing on there it will not work. So I have some pictures of it now to see if I can get any advice on how to do the front end!! Im thinking just mount the speedo and tach on top of the handlebars but it seems that will interfere with the ignition. Thanks in advance!!

Gix11
11-08-2015, 08:57 AM
My mate moved his ignition to the frame bar under the tank. Literally just cable/zip tied it there as he cut his ignition mount off the top clamp. But that's just his way around it.

What I have seen done is making up a smaller mounting bracket for the clocks etc (just cut some aluminium sheet and bend it or something similar) and give it two tabs to bolt through. Then undo the handlebar clamps and bolt it onto the bottom of them. If you need longer bolts to accomodate your new bracket then simply take your old bolts down to your local nut and bolt store and tell them you want "Some like this but longer".

Have a close look through here and maybe you'll get some other ideas as well:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?9305-Suzuki-Bandits

awright580
11-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Your awesome I appreciate the feedback!