PDA

View Full Version : PCIII, Hub and Nitrous question

Booah
19-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Anybody out there know if its possible ,or have actually seen it work:

PCIII with the multi function hub activate the output #1 wire at a determined speed? or a determined gear, like third. I don't want nitrous coming on before 3rd gear at this point. headlights are supposed to shine on the road, not the clouds.

Spoke to a guy at Dynojet that said it would but SERCO has never seen it actually work like they say it should.

Any ideas other than putting delays or more stuff on it?

Rocket
19-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Why not just have the horn or pass button as the fire button ?
Then it will come on in any gear you like and programming your finger is probably a lot easier than a PCIII.

BANDITROD
19-02-2008, 12:59 PM
the thing with nos is that you have to make sure you are at wide open throttle be you trigger it otherwise you will have problems not sure what problems its just what i was told by the bloke who help set my old kit up and we had it going from my horn button aswell

Weaselman
19-02-2008, 03:10 PM
never use nos in the low rpm as it can backfire and blow your intake to pieces

dont ask me how i know

Seifer
19-02-2008, 04:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

dont ask me how i know

How do you know that? :D

Tony Nitrous
19-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah, what BanditRod said.

Mine had a "flick switch" that turned the horn button
into the NOS button, But... I also had a micro switch
on the carbs that only connected at full throttle.

I decided when to hit the gas, but it only came in live
at Full throttle. Used it once in 2nd at nearly flipped
it, stuck to 3rd and 4th at the strip.

This info and both switch's are standard in a wet Holley/NOS kit.

Weaselman
19-02-2008, 06:51 PM
well the last system i did had a primary arm which you hit yourself and then a micro switch secondary arm that came on when the bike went into 3rd ten another micro switch that was the trigger when the throttle was open all the way.
Fool proof.

Stocky
19-02-2008, 07:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

well the last system i did had a primary arm which you hit yourself and then a micro switch secondary arm that came on when the bike went into 3rd ten another micro switch that was the trigger when the throttle was open all the way.
Fool proof.

Yep , that's how ya do it.

That's how I had mine. 3rd still wanted to rip up in the air super fast though.

You can get really good regualtors now too. I'd recomend one as the pressure changes so much with bottle temp and warmers are a pain in the ass.

;)

Weaselman
19-02-2008, 07:21 PM
i use smaller thin bottles
if your at the track it better as you know the pressures dont change as much as a large bottle and you can hide it from the fuzz better than a large one

Booah
20-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was trying to do it smart through the PCIII, if its got the options, use em.

Weasleman, what exactly do you mean by a secondary microswitch when in 3rd gear?

Would a digital gear indicator have an output that maybe I could use?

Weaselman
21-02-2008, 07:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Booah

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was trying to do it smart through the PCIII, if its got the options, use em.

Weasleman, what exactly do you mean by a secondary microswitch when in 3rd gear?

Would a digital gear indicator have an output that maybe I could use?

That was on a vespa i did about a month ago. As for your bike in not sure how youd go about it with all that electrickery as im not to good with injected bikes.
you could get away with a manual arm and a full throttle micorswitch. Just make sure you wire some kind of fuck off bright light into your dash to tell you the system is armed.

On bikes or cars for that matter if the nos is applied to low down in the range it can backfire. And by backfire i mean explode.
I hit it to low in my commo with a 420ci by accident while driving normally and it lifted the entire intake manifold off the block.
it was one hell of a bang.
But i was running a 100 shot with a 620cfm carb.
Bike can do it too but with all that plastic and injectors and wiring and the like it'd be an expensive slip.