PDA

View Full Version : What's the regulations

mac69
08-04-2015, 09:57 PM
Hi all not built a fighter since moving to oz 4 years now!but got withdrawal after visiting my mates in scotland last month,
So the question is what's the go with the laws in wa regarding fightering a bike???
Where is the best pits to go to once it's built. Also what about the likes of building a harris or spondon framed bike???
Also would one of my old builds be legal here??
Sorry as sure this has been asked before

hyofighter
09-04-2015, 12:15 AM
Is a bit of a hassle doing a repairable write off to a fighter . Im going though thay at the moment . Best bet is buy a regod bike and fighter that . As for spondons and such azrael motomax and hagarr arenthe guys to ask .

Azrael
09-04-2015, 03:21 PM
What scotty said.
Already regoed bikes are no problem and pit passing is easy as long as you havent butchered the frame.
Frame up builds are done as icv's and are mostly just forms and jumping through hoops.
Pm me ur number if u want to know more im happy to help.

Jockney Rebel
09-04-2015, 06:47 PM
nice bandit mac

mac69
15-04-2015, 07:42 PM
When I first built my 1216 ,didn't look right black ,6474

mac69
15-04-2015, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the replies ,toying with buying a harris F1 frame kit,or building another 7/1216 slingshot. Just never seen any cheep ones on the go as only need a frame and engine the rest is just scrap
Was a sad day selling my old one.6473Wish I'd taken my old girl with me
Sure a few of you will recognise the bikes from when thy were in SF mag

Gix11
16-04-2015, 09:08 AM
Yep, I do. Nice bikes mate.

Watto
16-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the replies ,toying with buying a harris F1 frame kit,or building another 7/1216 slingshot. Just never seen any cheep ones on the go as only need a frame and engine the rest is just scrap
Was a sad day selling my old one.6473Wish I'd taken my old girl with me
Sure a few of you will recognise the bikes from when thy were in SF mag

mac that looks bloody great!

Hagarr
17-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Is a bit of a hassle doing a repairable write off to a fighter . Im going though thay at the moment . Best bet is buy a regod bike and fighter that . As for spondons and such azrael motomax and hagarr arenthe guys to ask .

PPFFFTTT Don't ask me haven't layed a finger in 9 Months or more on Harris!

My suggestion is buy a donor and leave in the shed in bits,my dealings with Licensing haven't been memorable for frames with no compliance plate!

Azrael
18-04-2015, 02:41 PM
The old keep a bog stock one regod for yellow sticker occasions plate swap trick is popular and fun..

Hagarr
18-04-2015, 07:30 PM
The old keep a bog stock one regod for yellow sticker occasions plate swap trick is popular and fun..

LOL Tom, its worked since 1978 when I "licensed" my hand built Manta Bug for $70 for a wreck.

Plates had just been changed to those new flash yellow (State of Excitement?) so nobody ever questioned, even sold it that way!

Harris has been like this since Helga forgot to pay the license after one of our many moves, which took a Kidney to get in the first place.

Could have murdered her but bought a donor bike and ""Happy Days""

You need to be a bit cunning with the Engine numbers though I found, got caught couriering one day riding in the bus lane and copper steps back and literally goes "WTF is that? License says it should be Red & Black....." Blah Blah HAHAHAHA stood there shaking his head he knew something was up but he couldn't get it!!

Cops don't read these forums do they.........???? :p

BillyWhizz888
19-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Cops don't read these forums do they.........???? :p

All forums, FB, Twitter and where that has words written is watched but usually only for the terrorist words....
looks out of window waits for bell ringing hahahaha

Tony Nitrous
19-04-2015, 11:04 AM
I know UK and AU (Qld) cops that certainly read this forum.
More so for their interest, entertainment and amusement than in the line of work.

Other forums have defiantly been watched and no longer post up ride routes.
Most of the stuff on here is hardly a secret but I'm still cautious what I advertise
if its of questionable legality like swapping plates etc.

Paranoid?
Personal choice.

mac69
19-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Right next question ! Is there anywhere to get an engine blue printed around WA,

Azrael
21-04-2015, 01:39 PM
I have a very liberal interpretation of the law and don't really care who reads about it, its nothing they don't already know..

Plate swapping is fun clever and cool but like Danny said, its all about the engine numbers..

Watto
21-04-2015, 03:12 PM
mate not heard of too many fellas

can maybe try Ray Easson 2a/160 Beechboro Road South, Bayswater WA 6053
(08) 9272 8466

Hagarr
21-04-2015, 11:03 PM
There are heaps that say they know what they're doing.

Term Blueprinting with due respects is probably a bit outdated.

Depends on what you wanted if you want standard rebuilt but to spec is different to cams, pistons, nitrous etc.

Oldskool or new? Once again depends on who to send to.

Paul Freear at Chain Reaction has done some good work with track bikes and knows Jappers well also has dyno capabilities.

mac69
06-05-2015, 12:40 AM
Cheers Hagarr will give him a shout see what he is saying