PDA

View Full Version : No more Balls

ozkat
17-02-2008, 05:45 PM
I just heard Ron Soloman aka"Balls" died on the wekkend. Im sure a few of the Vic members on here knew him. He built 3 of my GSXR engines. Here is what the Hearald Sun said

"ONE motorcyclist has died and another has suspected spinal injuries after they collided at Eurack, in Victoria's west.

A group of five motorcyclists were riding west along Eurack Road around 10.40am today when the leader of the convoy attempted to turn left into Mt Hesse Road and lost control of his bike.

The second bike also lost control and collided into the leader.

The front rider, a 57-year-old man from the Melbourne suburb of Altona North, died at the scene.

The second rider, a 37-year-old man from Preston, also in Melbourne, was airlifted to The Alfred hospital with possible spinal injuries.

Colac police are investigating the circumstances of the collision."

hooligan
17-02-2008, 05:59 PM
fuck[V]

Iceman
17-02-2008, 07:04 PM
That's a huge loss to the performance motorcycle world. My condolences go out to all his friends and family.

Jockney Rebel
17-02-2008, 07:52 PM
dont know anything about him but he s a biker so ...sympathies to the family

BANDITROD
17-02-2008, 08:07 PM
holy fuck i was just talking to him the other day that sucks

latheboy
17-02-2008, 08:08 PM
I also dont know the bloke but fuck thats bad arse news for anyone .. Shithouse .. Sympathies to the family as well

WATEVR
17-02-2008, 08:15 PM
shit that is fucked news the aus market will have a big hole in it now he is gone, thoughts go to his family and friends

kevkatana
17-02-2008, 08:19 PM
What a huge loss. Champion of a bloke. Helped me get my Kats going on several occasions. My deepest sympathy to his family.

Pab13
17-02-2008, 08:22 PM
He was a top bloke he will be missed be family and friends, I can't believe it.

Loz
17-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Farewell to one of the best in the business, a seriously awesome rider and a lovely guy who had time for everyone. Vale Mono Rono. :(

http://www.ballshpt.com.au/ballsbikes/busaredmono1.jpg

TurboKat
18-02-2008, 10:08 AM
It's never good to hear when a brother leaves us like this.
I never had much to do with Ron personally but I know plenty of people who had stories to tell - both good & bad - about the bloke.
One thing he will be remembered for is his ability to pull a wheelie, I can vouch for the fact that he was pretty fucking good at it.
One thing I found strange about him was that although he built big power motors & modified countless motorcycle engines for more performance, he would never use a dyno to measure the results - quote - "You don't ride your bike on a dyno mate" That always made me a bit suss of him.
R.I.P.

Learnatic
18-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Thats terrible news,I never met him but I think there was an article on him and his bike in Rapid recently.

Gix11
18-02-2008, 12:23 PM
That's shit news. I only know of him from him sending me emails to be acknowledged by ASF for his building in the form of an advert/link and also giving us a big thumbs up for what we were doing. Again, I didn't know him personally but my sympathy goes out to his friends and family.

qickdraw
18-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Hear hear TK - it's never good to hear about this kind of thing.
RIP Ron.

zx12argh
18-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Never good to hear another rider down. Condolences to those he left behind.

maggot1300
18-02-2008, 04:36 PM
fuck, Ron was a great bloke. I didn't get my bike worked on by him but knew him from rides with the busa club, the Jindy run wont be the same without him.

RIP Mate

kevkatana
18-02-2008, 05:50 PM
From the Warrnambool Standard:

ONE motorcyclist was killed and another seriously injured yesterday in a tragic accident at Eurack, north of Colac.

Police said the dead motorcyclist, a 57-year-old man from Altona North, appeared to have been killed when he lost control of his bike at the corner of the Winchelsea-Eurack and Mount Hesse Road at Eurack shortly after 10am.

While lying on the road under his own machine the victim then seems to have been hit by a following motorcyclist, police said.

The second motorcyclist, a 37-year-old Preston man, also lost control of his bike and sustained serious internal injuries and possible spinal injuries.

He was airlifted by the police air ambulance to The Alfred hospital in Melbourne.

Leading Senior Constable Dave Dickson of the Corangamite Traffic Management Unit said the two riders were part of a group of five motorcyclists from Melbourne who were riding west from Winchelsea along the Eurack Road.

Speed did not appear to be a factor in the accident and the design of the road at the intersection was being investigated, he said.

It appeared the motorcyclists intended to turn left from the Eurack Road into the Mount Hesse Road but the dead motorcyclist had lost control as he crossed a bridge across a drainage channel just before the intersection.

Leading Senior Constable Dave Dickson said all the motorcyclists in the group were experienced riders.

The accident was part of a bad week for motorcyclists on Colac district roads.

A 41-year-old motorcyclist suffered multiple leg fractures and pelvic and spinal injuries in an accident about midday on Saturday at Barramunga between Colac and Apollo Bay.

A Rural Ambulance Victoria spokesman said the man was airlifted to The Alfred hospital.

Another motorcyclist was injured in an accident at the corner of Church and William streets in Colac on Thursday evening.

Earlier last week a fifth motorcyclist was injured in an accident off the Hamilton Highway near Cressy, north of Colac.

JackTar
18-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Jesus that fucking sucks arse. Had the pleasure of riding with Balls on a couple of occasions (when I had a Bussa) he used to come on the Bussa annual ride down to Jindabyne. Top bloke damn shame.

Loz
18-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Well, he went out riding right out in front.

Gsxar
19-02-2008, 07:22 AM
Its very sad when ANY rider is lost :(:( Ron was really well know around Victoria and for amazing amount of bike knowledge and will be missed by many, thoughts & condolences to his family.
and to the other injured rider thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery.

Razorback
19-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Yeah its a fucken tragedy... I was bloody devastated :(

Ron tuned my 2002 GSXR1000 and when he was done with it, it was a total weapon.

i was planning on taking the Kat to him later this year... and now this...

I cant put in words how upset I am. Just a top bloke and and so much knowledge. Very few people knew big Suzi motors like Ron.

You will be sorely missed mate RIP [V]

pt
21-02-2008, 04:47 PM
R.I.P. condolonces to family and friends and hope for a speedy recovery for the other rider.

kevkatana
26-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Here is the information for Ron's funeral as taken off the Balls website.
I'm going to try and make it. I'll be leaving from Ballarat about 9:30

RON SOLOMON
' BALLS '
1951-2008

R.I.P RON
A TRUE LEGEND FOREVER

The passing of Ron ‘BALLS’ Solomon has had a profound impact on not only those who knew him well, but even for those who’d met him for only five minutes. Those of you wishing to pay your respects and bid a final farewell, you’re welcome to attend the funeral at the below details.

Date: Wednesday 27th Feb 08

Ceremony Time: 12:30pm

Address:
Fawkner Cemetery (Cordell Chapel)
- Main entrance-
1187 Sydney rd,Victoria, Melway (Edition30) Reference Map 17, F4 and Detail Map 388

THE BALLS FUNERAL MOTORCYCLE PROCESSION (Motorcycles Only)

Please unite with us to farewell Ron in a motorcycle procession to the ceremony.

Date: Wednesday 27th Feb 08

Procession Briefing: 10.45am

Depart: 11am sharp

Route: You will be advised upon the briefing.

Meeting venue: Balls Tuning- 18 Fourth Ave, Sunshine

Please Note:

We anticipate a large turnout so please be punctual.

As this ride is a tribute to Ron, please demonstrate your respect by riding in a safe manner at all times within the procession.

BANDITROD
26-02-2008, 02:16 PM
i was really hoping to attend but wont be able to i was talking to george last thursday and he was telling me that he has had nothing but phone calls from people who knew ron from all over even as far as south africa he was a very good rider and a top bloke and i myself will miss him alot as i have had a fair bit to do with ron over the last few years ecspecialy while doing my bandit he was a master with oil cooled gsxr/bandit motors not to mention his progress with his busa R.I.P mate