View Full Version : Front number plate petition

BillyWhizz888
17-02-2008, 09:09 AM
http://www.gopetition.com.au/online/16944.html

TurboKat
22-02-2008, 08:31 PM
To anyone on this forum who hasn't signed this petition
GET OFF YOUR LAZY ARSE & SIGN IT
If you can't be bothered taking 1 minute to lend your voice/support to the cause & fill out a simple form to potentially stop a bullshit, revenue raising SCAM being implemented that WILL adversly affect you, then frankly, you're not a motorcyclists arsehole.
I'm not suggesting that this will stop the law in its tracks but we all have to do SOMETHING to make ourselves heard or we might as well just bend over & cop whatever the politicians want to fuck us with now & forever.
Keep an eye/ear out for upcoming protest rallies in your area, I understand that many will not be able to attend them but if you are able, I seriously urge you to get to them, hundreds of bikes & riders make for a very noticeable presence & one which is impossible to ignore.
We as motorcyclists have to stand up & be counted, we don't have an effective lobby group so that makes us soft targets for new & unjust laws & regulations - mostly aimed at raising more revenue for the government - if we show no resistance & are apathetic, then we deserve what we get.
GET PRO ACTIVE & PRESERVE YOUR RIGHT TO RIDE.

kevkatana
22-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Done a couple of days ago. Number 806

Jockney Rebel
22-02-2008, 09:36 PM

chadams
22-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Its only Victoria.... Sounds like the Mexicans will have to move north

sharky
22-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Nah....too far for them to travel :D

suxukifreak
23-02-2008, 05:12 AM
I cant wait for front plates because mine are personalized, so i get twice the value ;) [B)]

rod185651
23-02-2008, 06:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by chadams

Its only Victoria.... Sounds like the Mexicans will have to move north

IT will be like a virus, it may be only Victoria now, but if we don't stop it there it will spread to all Australia, so sign the petition guys.
cheers Rod

DaveK5
23-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Signed it 17th feb 1h after Billy posted the link...and gave good reason why....once it goes federal we're all fucked...stop it now.

Iceman
23-02-2008, 08:44 AM
I am no. 595. I also emailed it around work to all the guys with bikes.

LKC73
23-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Done! 4321, and yes it will be like a virus, it will spread across the country like hourse flue!

Ive also posted this on another forum, and also emialed to some friends and fellow workers.

Dark Reign
23-02-2008, 11:40 PM
F**k the F**king F**kers

No. 4587

jakam04
24-02-2008, 12:12 AM
I love it how these dumb arses sign as anonymous.... wtf is the use of that????

J

24-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Just refuse to put the cunts of things on......How many of ya's are prepared to fuck authority

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXZVc0h8Gok

ozkat
24-02-2008, 07:30 PM
#4860 signed

xb9r
24-02-2008, 08:32 PM
signed 4895 have look at the letters section in this months AMCN it really hits the nail on the head

Cruisecontrol
24-02-2008, 08:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by turbokat

To anyone on this forum who hasn't signed this petition
GET OFF YOUR LAZY ARSE & SIGN IT
If you can't be bothered taking 1 minute to lend your voice/support to the cause & fill out a simple form to potentially stop a bullshit, revenue raising SCAM being implemented that WILL adversly affect you, then frankly, you're not a motorcyclists arsehole.
I'm not suggesting that this will stop the law in its tracks but we all have to do SOMETHING to make ourselves heard or we might as well just bend over & cop whatever the politicians want to fuck us with now & forever.
Keep an eye/ear out for upcoming protest rallies in your area, I understand that many will not be able to attend them but if you are able, I seriously urge you to get to them, hundreds of bikes & riders make for a very noticeable presence & one which is impossible to ignore.
We as motorcyclists have to stand up & be counted, we don't have an effective lobby group so that makes us soft targets for new & unjust laws & regulations - mostly aimed at raising more revenue for the government - if we show no resistance & are apathetic, then we deserve what we get.
GET PRO ACTIVE & PRESERVE YOUR RIGHT TO RIDE.

Threats and intimidation? I am even less likely to sign it now.

Online petitions are about as useful as trying to piss into the wind.
I am as keen as the next rider to stop the implementation of said plates but clicking a link and filling out a few fields is likely to make ZERO difference. The government knows how many people ride bikes because they make some decent money out of every one of them when rego time rolls around and they must also be aware that the proposal will be about as popular as rug burn.
The only way it can be effectively stopped is through our "ineffective lobby groups" such as the MRAA that will use legal avenues and to back up their arguments with relevant road safety data, etc.
A whole bunch of names don't mean shit.

KATO ZX7
24-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Well you gotta be in it to win it
4911, thats me [}:)]

Blackkat
24-02-2008, 09:22 PM

Deano
24-02-2008, 09:34 PM

Gix11
25-02-2008, 01:27 PM

CC - I agree it may not be worth shit, but look at it as a show of support just within the group that are signing it - that alone means something and gives the group the motivation to follow this up in rally attendance etc. If there was just 5 people on this list with all the publicity it has had, do you think anyone would give a fuck about attending a rally?

Razorback
25-02-2008, 02:31 PM
I live in VIC and Im telling you I would not fit one and I dont give a flying fuck. With the Kat the way it is, theyd have 30 other things to pick on before they got near this sooooo... give a shit...

Hard to beleive I work in heavy vehicle compliance for a living LOL

Signed it anyway though. 5340

fimpBIKES
25-02-2008, 03:24 PM
fwiw
done!

Darn
25-02-2008, 06:21 PM

25-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Sad thing the average Joe Rider wont do a fucking thing....seen it before they're all pretty apathetic and fucking selfish to boot. Sure they'll bitch and moan but wont lift a finger and stick their own heads out to help.As long as they can get to their cafes to get their fucking coffees and look bad but still respectable they really don't give a shit.
I'm gunna go out on a limb here and say that I've noticed a real lot of fuckwits riding nowadays. Don't give a flying fuck about any one but themselves......Where's the respect and brotherhood that use to be there ? Where's the passion for riding, not just for owning something expensive or exclusive ? What's happened to us all ? Have been sucked up and absorbed into society and been watered down ?
Fucking Harley Davidson are to blame......they sold the "Outlaw Image" to the masses which had a trickle down affect.....Cunts are owning bikes ,I'm not gunna say riding, to display an image......not just for the pure pleasure of riding..

Rant over

BANDITROD
25-02-2008, 06:55 PM

Frankie
26-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Not again this shit...

VIPER
27-02-2008, 06:27 PM
signed afew weeks ago,i wish there was some more things we can do.

the gov/police moto " to serve and protect, the revenue collections "

motogp_nut
05-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Bitchfish and I have signed it (#8375 and #8376)

chadams
06-03-2008, 08:31 PM
http://www.bikepoint.com.au/portal/tabID__501554/ArticleID__2899010/DesktopDefault.aspx

Gix11
06-03-2008, 08:51 PM
"It is now clear that Vicroads not only continued to work on the brief - but failed to consult with industry leaders in Victoria on the safety or technical issues [of front motorcycle plates].

Vicroads also gave no indication to VMAC that the matter was still live or that Vicroads was recommending to Ministers that the project is technically feasible. In fact, in response to a number of informal requests for advice over time the very clear indication had been given that the matter was dormant at the level of Ministerial Council and that Vicroads was not putting a lot of energy into it."

GO VICROADS! Glad I'm up here, they're fuckin' mental - shout and then forget what they did. Bell ends.