PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Klapparbaver
02-01-2015, 11:50 PM
Hey everyone. New member with a 2000 zx9r. Picked it up 2 weeks ago with 43000kms on it. Its been sort of half assed street fightered so plans are to remove all the dodgy work on it and replace it with my own dodgyness. 6360

ozzy1100
03-01-2015, 09:32 AM
that will make a great bike, welcome

hyofighter
03-01-2015, 10:42 AM
Welcome man . Us wa mob are meeting up for lunch at the pig and whistle today if your keen to join us

Bob
04-01-2015, 01:33 PM
Welcome mate, lots of guys in WA to help you out.

BANDITROD
04-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Has it had the air box modded.........oh and welcome mate

Klapparbaver
04-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Yup. Guy I bought it from bought it in 2003 when the original owner ran into the back of a car. Straightened and rebuilt the front forks, dynojet kit k&n filter and dyno tuned. Runs really well. I'm off to work tomorrow but next time I'm back on break I'll be pulling the tank off to see exactly what's going on under there. Thinking of getting some trumpets to replace the old plastic ram air tubes hanging out of the frame. Would it be worth having them facing directly towards the front of the bike instead of on the angle they are on now?

The Phantom
05-01-2015, 12:03 AM
Welcome mate.

Kawasaki's ram air is a pretty sophisticated system, and it uses both the big ram air feeds and a smaller feed that is used to equalize the pressure between the float bowls and the airbox - without this, the ram air not only doesn't work to boost power at speed, it will also wreck the intake charge efficiency at all rpms.

I'd suggest you do some testing before you commit to anything; it might work just fine, but I'd hate to see you invest in the effort required to make it look nice only to find that it makes the bike unrideable. Maybe all you need to do is get the small feeds operating and you can then go with some trumpet intakes?

Some further info here:

http://www.sportrider.com/ram-air-whats-it-worth

Klapparbaver
05-01-2015, 04:05 AM
great article. didnt realize it gave the bike that much of a power gain.
ill chuck some pipe ive got laying around on the end of the stubs sticking out now and get them pointing straight ahead and see if it has any effect.