PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about clutches

Deano
03-12-2014, 07:01 PM
After the drags on the weekend I have decided it is time to do something about my shit Gsxr slabby could spring clutch. I have experienced massive shudder on launching on 2 different gsxr1100 clutches. One a diaphragm the other a coil spring.
At this stage I plan to unrivet my basket and rivet on something from a Gsxr 1000

My current clutch has had the hub splines files to remove the plate marks and I have roughed up the steels and resoaked the plates before we went racing.
Has anyone else experienced this (yella?) and how did you fix it

Yella
03-12-2014, 07:28 PM
The final fix for the shudder on the Busa was a Brocks cushion. I know the later GXSR fix is to run the 05 ZX10 cushion plate. Neither of the 1100 drag bikes I play with have had any issue with shudder so I haven't had to try any fixes yet.

Deano
04-12-2014, 07:53 AM
from a little bit of research i have done it would seem that if the springs are loose in the basket that doesn't help at all and is one of the first things that needs to be rectified.
the basket seems to be discontinued so some sort of retrofit option might be the only way to go.

Yella
04-12-2014, 05:03 PM
I was told the same about the springs in the basket, I got newer basket and the springs moved almost the same.

http://youtu.be/Sz1UTiIX1B0

It did seem to make a little difference but not enough to say it was a fault

DCRacing
07-12-2014, 08:34 AM
I will get my shit together soon Deano......