PDA

View Full Version : Im back...

MuZ
19-09-2014, 03:06 PM
So, about 2 years ago was the last real time I visited the forum, mainly because life got in the way and I was forced into selling my bike, and with that event followed a mild depression and I generally didn't want to be reminded of it much.
But much has occurred since then. I got out of Sydney (hate that place) and relocated back down the south coast. Started loving it down here until life got in the way once again and I needed to sell not only my car but after putting many hours into rebuilding the donk, my beloved FJ1100 project (fortunately the engine from which is now in a legends race car, it went to a good home).

Since then however, life has been good, I've bought a couple of houses, one here in Old Erowal Bay, and one in Near Echuca, and in the next few months will be in the position to acquire another bike.

So here I am once again staring at the forum and freshly excited as. Don't think I'll have a bike before NFR but I certainly hope to make AFR 2015.

Re-embracing the madness
Muz

stiffsimon
19-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Welcome back old timer. Good to hear that life's coming good for you again. Any ideas on what sort of bike you're after?

MuZ
19-09-2014, 05:10 PM
I've always had a massive hard on for the 1200 bandits, but a few weeks ago I threw a leg over a new MT-09 and the local bike shop, they showed me this vid http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1u3akw_video-complete-essai-dejante-de-la-yamaha-mt-09-street-rally_auto and I reckon I'm gonna have a hard time convincing myself to buy the old suzuki

Tony Nitrous
19-09-2014, 05:59 PM
MT09 is nice. Bloody good out of the box.
An old B12 is better for chopping and changing.
Your not going to be running 1500cc and in the 8's on a MT09,
then again, its bloody hard chasing new sports bikes on a 25 year old budget bruiser!
Horses for courses.

(and Welcome back MuZ)

Squid
19-09-2014, 06:16 PM
what did you think of the mt-09? I had a go on one the other week too, nice little engine and chassis, but the suspension is gayer than aids. Fly by wire was a bit how ya goin too.

MuZ
19-09-2014, 06:21 PM
I didn't actually get a chance to ride it, they had one in the matt black with anodised blue wheels. pretty much love at first sight. threw a leg over in the shop and it felt good, promised myself I'd go in the next week for a test ride but they had sold it and still haven't got another in yet, I have to wait for another 3 weeks apparently

Squid
19-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Yeah see if you can get a ride. Like i said, ripper of a little engine, and good value but for me the suspension felt cheap and badly tuned, would need stiffer fork springs and a bloody good dial-in at the least.
I was all excited when they came out, and then when i rode one i was like; meh, and couldnt see my self going from my 20 yo 900rr to one of those without some specific mods to fix what i didnt like, but dont let me be a wet blanket, might just be personal preference.

ALBI
19-09-2014, 09:23 PM
welcome back to re-embracing the madness!

nick76
19-09-2014, 09:25 PM
Old ezza ey?? Im just down the road in Sanga!
And...if you buy a bike off Clive....FFS dont let anyone in that shop to work on it!!!
Get the boys at Jobsons to have a fiddle with your suspension....best place in town for any bike work,and best equipped workshop too.

wackyrider
20-09-2014, 10:24 AM
Welcome back MuZ

Tony Nitrous
20-09-2014, 11:43 AM
i have mates on another forum that's a bit more sports based.
There's talk of a ZX6R shock (not a direct fit) and hyper pro fork kit fixing the average handling.
Personally I wouldn't touch anything other than a drag bike with a pissy little 14ltr size tank.

hooligan
21-09-2014, 09:22 PM
I have an Mt09, and so does stuNVA.
It is a fucking brilliant bike. Cheap rear shock fix is a ZX6r/10r or 6rr, and so e people have used busa shocks, too.
Cheap front end fix is springs and shim stack, even cheaper one is 10w oil

Or you can do a penske/ohlins/racetech rear shock, and new cartridges for the front.
I've got a penske rear shock and springs and shim stack, and it really helps. And the 14 litre tanks is good for about 200-220 ks city riding, without stop start probably 260ks. I've put 12500 ks on mine since April, and it makes me smile every time, even just commuting.

Bob
21-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Welcome mabck mate

Gix11
22-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Aha, Muz! Welcome back mate.