PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation in Qld

gibbo
13-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Got onto a couple of $9 tickets with jetstar flying to sunshine coast in june:D, so far accommodation is either Golden beach or Noosaville, which is better do you think[?]

Gix11
13-02-2008, 11:32 PM
As far as I remember Noosaville goes off like a desert 3 weeks after nuclear fall out. Make sure you have a hire car unless you like looking at an estuary and some motorised wheel chairs. Noosa is just down the road. Golden Beach? Where's that?

gibbo
14-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Golden beach is near Caloundra

Gix11
14-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Caloundra is a more old school feel mate. If you want it quiet and peaceful that's your answer. If you want to have to drive / bus it everyday to Noosa (and Noosa has a big night life and lots of backpackers) then the choice is yours to what kind of hols you want. Are you hiring a car?

gibbo
14-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Probably hiring a car, quiet sounds ok, first holiday without kids so looking to kick back and relax, no fucking theme parks or any of that shit. Being lazy and drinking beer sounds good!

Pommy Chopper
14-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Golden beach probably a better bet, unless you're 90, then fuck off to noosaville with all the other old stinkers that piss their pants a lot and try to disguise it with rose water, and seem to want to sit near me when i'm eating my chips!!

Caloundra is good for beer (well Aussie beer, not proper beer) beaches are good, but it has just been raining for the last 6 months so not much happening.

Cheers then!!

14-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Al, Noosa (where the chic's are looser) is the most over-rated place on earth.Great if your a millionair yuppy latay drinkin scooter rider. Go for Golden beach,its got a better atmosphere.Also look at Moffat,Dickey and Kings beach's,Alexandra Headland + Mooloolaba is also a good destination close to the airport.But whereever ya go,its all within half hour drive. Be sure to let me know when your in town mate. I'll line up a quality pub crawl 4 ya's.

Pommy Chopper, is that your custom shop at Noosaville,near Ducati Noosa?

cheers
Davo