PDA

View Full Version : Tube brake resevoir

Slingblade
22-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Hey fellas can anyone help me with info on the cool looking clear brake line tube i have seen for use as a resevoir? I know extreme creations use it but i dont wanna ring Ben about something so trivial. I assume it is just tube with a bolt in the end to seal it, but i just wondered what diameter and brand of tube and the bolt size. Any help appreciated, as i am changing to 6 inch over braided lines during my bar conversion and figured i would do it all at once, as it will get rid of the ugly plastic resevoirs.

cheers

PS i did a search but didnt find anything. Dunno if i am rehashing an old topic.

BOHEMION
22-07-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm sure Ben will be happy to help ya out mate

Slingblade
22-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Yeah, hopefully he will have a look at this at some stage and let me know.

Zed14
22-07-2006, 07:20 PM
tube from clark rubber and they also do a rubber plug for the end.

Slingblade
22-07-2006, 07:27 PM
cheers rexie. Got one near bye, will have to pay a visit. Just use the existing clamp for the master cylinder end??

EXBEN
22-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Standard plastic tube is no good ( it sweats & discolours) You gotta use special tube thats compatible with brake fluid. I can supply it & Stu also carries it. Just check the diameter of the hosetail that it has to fit onto, for size.

Slingblade
22-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks mate. I might get it through Stu as i am getting the brake lines through him anyhow. Looks pretty trick.

Slingblade
22-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Hey Ben while i have you here. What was the mob with the cheap 7 1/2 inch car rim? I want to get a price. if i can get one cheap it can sit in my shed till i am ready.

EXBEN
23-07-2006, 11:55 PM
We got Stu's from Neales wheels, but that was only cause they had a three spoker. You were going for something diferent weren't you ?
All you need is either a rim with 4 x 100 bolt holes or any four bolt pattern as long as theres room to redrill to suit, or a blank wheel. You'll pick one up pretty much anywhere.

Slingblade
24-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Yeah i have been trolling the net looking at rims but i am finding it bloody hard to find anything i could match to a bike front. I guess thats why the 3 spoke works so well. I am gonna go and see a place up here that deals in alot of rims and see what "orphans" they have i can get for a good price. I am thinking i should get a nice rim i like for the back and not worry about matching the front. They will be black anyway.