PDA

View Full Version : New member - Referred here for advice.

Rex Luther
31-07-2014, 01:02 AM
Howdy all.
I live in Perth and I recently took ownership of a 99 Yamaha TRX. As I'm not as young as I used to be, I'd like to take some of the weight off the wrists. I was referred here to get some know how about who to see and what to do.
Look forward to doing a bit of browsing and seeing what route others have taken.

Cheers.

Gix11
31-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Hi Rex. Sound's like you're in the right place mate. Welcome aboard.

Here's what else you could do if you go crazy: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?10376-Yamaha-TRX

hyofighter
31-07-2014, 03:53 PM
welcome man , good to see another west aussie in here

Rex Luther
31-07-2014, 09:04 PM
welcome man , good to see another west aussie in here

Cheers man. I've seen your builds on PSB and dig the hell of them.

hyofighter
31-07-2014, 11:03 PM
Cheers man. I've seen your builds on PSB and dig the hell of them.
cheers man i have a couple of more on here that havent made it to psb. Let us see that trx . A mates dad had one always liked them and that sound plus i reckon they would be a wicked base for a awesome project . Im picturing tdm900 efi motor turboed slotted in the trx frame with r1 front end and standard body work . Hey thats just me but haha

hooligan
01-08-2014, 12:13 PM
my first non learner bike (while i was still on my P's) was a TRX back in 96.
Great bikes.

Bob
02-08-2014, 07:20 AM
Welcome mate

M.V.
07-08-2014, 04:19 PM
G'day mate, another TRX owner here! There's a good TRX forum which I'm sure you can find without any help, but the quick option is to either slide the clip ons up the fork a little, (a small spacer & longer bolt may be required to keep them from spinning) or flip the clips on over, left to right & right to left, which adjust the angles for a bit more comfort.

That, or MX bars, which I'm sure won't be frowned upon around here ;)

hutch
08-08-2014, 08:24 AM
welcome mate

Rex Luther
14-08-2014, 01:29 AM
G'day mate, another TRX owner here! There's a good TRX forum which I'm sure you can find without any help, but the quick option is to either slide the clip ons up the fork a little, (a small spacer & longer bolt may be required to keep them from spinning) or flip the clips on over, left to right & right to left, which adjust the angles for a bit more comfort.

That, or MX bars, which I'm sure won't be frowned upon around here ;)

Just ordered an lsl top clamp from the UK.
It begins.

BillyWhizz888
16-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Welcome matey,
Lets some some cutting and welding, we like sparks.. lots of sparks :p