PDA

View Full Version : pre loved

MADPUP83
29-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Now i dont claim to be a mechanic or on par with A class riders but id just like to have a sook about buying preloved bikes. Now my bike was a low km bike extensive polishing work from one of the previous owners. Frame cases swinger etc now one would assume that attention to detail like this the bike would be maintained to the finest level. DEAD WRONG!!!

My ride is in the shop been recieving a little tickle for a bit more kick. Had leaking fork seals now this is no big deal as im familliar with having seals done. But what the workshop has discovered is that im missing washers and parts had been installed backwards... so the bushes were screwd and my suspension hasnt been functioning correctly for some time by the looks. It felt fine as i had been riding my brother inlaws 400 and that had a simillar feel so no alarms went off. I am gratefull my bike wasnt running right so i couldnt push to hard as i could of not been writing this now. Big wake up call for me has anybody else had a dodgy issue poke its head up when all seemed ok

xa-mont
30-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Just cause something is clean doesn't mean it's good

hooligan
30-05-2014, 01:00 PM
They just polished the frame so the shiny things would distract you from looking too close.

This is a fighter forum, we know nothing about dodgy repairs....

Weaselman
30-05-2014, 06:59 PM
zip ties = safe quality riding

don't worry mate there isn't a rider on here that hasn't owned a lemon at one stage...

For me it was a GS650