PDA

View Full Version : 900RR Front end swap

Goodtime
20-05-2014, 10:09 PM
The forks need a rebuild on my 92' 900RR and I am thinking it may be worth just getting a USD set up if I can get one for the right price! I have an ABM top clamp, so I would like to try and make that work with any suggestions that come my way. So, does anyone have any suggesitons? I would like to keep the cost down as much as possible, so if If there is a way I could keep the stock wheel and rotors, that would be bad ass. I know near nothing on the compatibility of other front ends, so any advice is much appreciated!

davo
20-05-2014, 10:56 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?24674-Are-you-doing-a-fork-swap
an ABM RWU triple clamp wont fit a USD fork leg,get a lathe.

nick76
21-05-2014, 08:30 AM
I got a complete front end off a newer blade(07-08 i think)......wheel,discs,calipers etc for under $1000.....and it was a straight swap on my 94 Blade fighter.
I think the only thing i had to do was grind some of the bump stops off the bottom clamp to get a little more turn,so u turns weren't too much of a pain in the arse!
And with a complete front end...you get rid of the 16in front wheel,and you get to choose from alot better range of rubber.

BOBBY
31-05-2014, 12:18 AM
The lack of turn is worth it. The bike handles awesome and stops on a dime.
Custom triples would be the go but just for that extra slow speed maneuverability.

The Phantom
03-06-2014, 03:06 PM
You can fit an R1 front end with just a change of top bearing and trimming down the length of the stem. Lower triple goes right into the Honda steering head with the original R1 bearing/race.