PDA

View Full Version : question about rego

spec85
17-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Hi guys,

Fast question about rego because im new in Australia im not sure what i should to do. Rego on my bike gonna expire in 16/06. I want to sell my bike now so no point to do blue slip,green slip and rego. I got postmail with notice about continuation rego and green slip. My question is that i must pay it or not? Green slip is from GIO company and they ask $386(gio premium,MCIS LEVIES). Can i choose other insurance company or i have to continuse that one? What happen if im not gonna pay and just leave bike not ridden?

Thans for the help and forgive me my shitty eng...

Gix11
19-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Well, based on what you said you're not in QLD. Where are you mate?

nick76
19-05-2014, 03:36 PM
sounds like a NSW guy.
No,you don't have to pay it,if you are NOT going to re-rego your bike.....and No,you dont have to continue with GIO if you ARE going to re-rego it.....you can put your details in here http://prices.maa.nsw.gov.au/ and see if anyone else is cheaper.....there's only 6-7 companies that do greenslip insurance,and they are all in that link.
If your bike is pretty modified...it might be a good thing to keep up the rego,as it could get hard to get if you let rego lapse more than 3 months....after 3 months,a blueslip is needed,and they are alittle tougher to get than just a standard pinkslip at the normal rego check....

hooligan
19-05-2014, 07:27 PM
But if you want to sell it, it will be easier to sell if it's registered. You won't get the money back you spend on rego, it will just be easier to shift.

spec85
21-05-2014, 11:49 PM
Thx guys a lot i had a luck today and i sold my bike :)

Cheers