PDA

View Full Version : not a fighter advice.. tank swap

Tim
10-05-2014, 06:07 PM
I know this has nothing to do with fighters, but its bikes and im hoping some of the creative guys on here might have some ideas or have seen something on the net somewhere.

A friend has a vfr400 trackbike, but she is complaining the shape isnt allowing her to slide off the seat and just isnt comfortable(compared to her other bike).
She wants to swap to a later tank, ive googled but nothing comes up? anyone seen this done? where does someone start that wants to do this other then at a wreckers going though all their tanks to find the best base to start with.

cheers.

Redmohawk
10-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Mod the tank she has would be the quickest option.

ALBI
10-05-2014, 08:53 PM
As red said !
Or Just use Google "pictures" and let the net take care of pics for you , find a tank you like the shape of , then go hunt it down.

nick76
10-05-2014, 10:00 PM
There must be some VFR forums out there that could help.....but if a google search doesn't bring up a link to a thread in thir forums,you might just have to ask over there??
Im sure the shape of the tank isn't the reason she can't slide off the seat.....most tanks have a pretty similar,and smooth surface where the tank and seat meet. Does her trackbike have a race seat with a foam pad on it??
All my racebikes that have had that style of seat make it hard for me to slide from one side to the other...i have to take weight off my ass with my legs and virtually jump from one knee to the other.
I prefer the race tails that have the cut out in them so i can use a street seat bolted up directly to the subframe.....easier to slide across the seat...and im a heavy prick and its more solid for me too....

hyofighter
11-05-2014, 12:59 AM
Vfrdiscussion would be a good forum to start at . Also what about the cbr400 import job would be a similar size but weather the frame profile is the same

The Phantom
13-05-2014, 07:23 PM
I've been on various VFR mailing lists and forums since 1998 and I've never heard of anyone doing a VFR400 tank swap.

The 'serious' version of the VFR400 was the RVF400. The tank on it might be different - the bodywork certainly was - so that might be the best option, look into that.

The Phantom
16-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Tim, what year of VFR400 is it, got a pic as well? I have found someone who's on a forum with lots of VFR400 types who is happy to ask some questions for you.