PDA

View Full Version : Synistah - Newbie Fighter!

Synistah
14-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Hey guys,

So i'm new here, and have recently taken a serious interest to Street Fighters. I have always admired them and thought they were the epitome of custom cool and road practicality. A lot of people here have some great rides and have given me some awesome inspiration and ideas as to which direction i want to go with my bike project.

The pivot point for me was my friends Hyosung GT650, Which is a whole other monster of its own

I live in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs and currently own a XJ6 Diversion but laid it down the road not too long ago, and did some major cosmetic damage as well as cracked a whole bunch of inner fairings.. So this has inspired me to Street Fighter my bike.

I do a lot of commuting and everyday riding by myself so i will be focusing on performance handling upgrades as well as the visual 'cool' factor. Although it is only a LAMS bike, It is a bike i will be riding for a while and something i intend on keeping as a project.

I have some idea's thus far and am hoping to get started ASAP.

Will probably be doing some basic stuff like:

*R6 USD Forks
*R6 Tail
*Belly Pan
*New headlight and Street Fighter Mask
*Custom rearsets
*Flat black paint job... I'm a fan of the all black! Looks very aggressive and rough.

Most likely going to go through Extreme Creations or some similar company and get as much of the above done as i can within my budget which is only about $3000. So hopefully i have enough.

As soon as i get started i will be sure to post up some pictures, So keep your eyes opened! I'm really excited haha

Might also start attending some events and rides once my baby is all done and road ready.

Have a good one all!

Gix11
14-04-2014, 01:13 PM
Nice one mate, good intro. Welcome aboard!

geesexar
14-04-2014, 07:38 PM
welcome aboard mate...get stuck into it

Cruisecontrol
14-04-2014, 07:56 PM
$3000 might get you the parts you need...
Have a crack at it yourself. You might be surprised at how easy some of the mods can be.
If not, there are plenty of guys here with a lot of knowledge that can shed some light on the odd problem that might show up.

Synistah
14-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Cheers Cruise!

I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to being mechanically minded, but if i absolutely can't work with a low budget then i might have no choice but to give it a crack, just need to be very careful as bike is my daily rider.

Honestly, Wasn't expecting parts to cost so much.. From looking on eBay i figured the parts would cost about $1500-2000 all up leaving $1000 for labor, but i guess i misjudged.

TO WORK IT IS!

Cruisecontrol
14-04-2014, 08:05 PM
I have made a few changes to my daily ride. It is all about having all the parts ready and getting stuck into it on the weekends. I am more than happy to help out if you get stuck. It's one thing to have an awesome bike, it is another to have an awesome bike you made yourself.

Synistah
14-04-2014, 08:06 PM
That's true.. Would be super satisfying to do it myself. Just nervous haha.

The Phantom
14-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Welcome mate, you've got the right idea!

You'd be surprised what you can pull off with limited experience and tools at home, but do keep a handle on your limitations, some things are definitely best left to the people with the skills/training to ensure that the bike remains safe.

This place is great and there are heaps of people here who will help out, whether with info, parts, or suggestions on who to go to when you reach the limitations of what is possible for you.

I used to live in Sydney (Inner West) and commuted regularly on my VFR into the CBD - life up here is a lot more relaxed but I did love the madness of riding in Sydney traffic...

wackyrider
14-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Welcome mate.

As the boys said, it's all about getting stuck in the shed and having a go. You'd be surprised on what you can do when you put your head to it. Just do some research and ask questions and see how you go.