PDA

View Full Version : [NSW] Street Fighter Budget Build

Synistah
14-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Hey guys,

So I'm new here and have recently taken the interest and initiative to Street Fighter my bike which is a Yamaha XJ6 Diversion.

I have a budget on this build of no more than $3000, However I'm not sure that will achieve very much so I was hoping for input and ideaa on the topic

I currently live in Sydney and have been checking out places like Extreme Creations and Zion Garage.. but I have no idea on how much my idea will cost me.

Essentially I am looking at doing the following to my bike:

- R6 USD forks (Doesn't have to be R6)
- Street Fighter headlight and cover
- Belly Pan
- R6 Tail End conversion (Doesn't have to be R6)
- Custom rearsets for more aggressive stance
- Hopefully a flat black paint job
- Fork Tube indicators

I have my doubts as to how far my budget will take me ao if anyone can give feedback on pricing of said workshops or recommend a place it would be awesome.

Thanks

Yella
14-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Pic's or it never happened.
Do as much of the work as you can yourself and you can make it happen for a budget $3000 should be able to get most of it done

Synistah
14-04-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm not the most mechanically minded person, Hence wanting to get Extreme Creations or someone of the sort to do a lot of the work for me. Tail Conversion, Fork replacement, Headlight + Cabling etc are way out of my depth.. and being my road bike i'm not game to try and fail.

If it were a different bike or just a project i'd be all for it.

Guessing my budget wouldn't get very far? Have tried to get in contact with EC but haven't had much luck getting a reply.
Have based my budget on my spending limit and the rough price of all the parts involved + labor costs. Whats the average cost to have a workshop do the above work for you?

Items like the forks can wait if need be i guess.

Cruisecontrol
14-04-2014, 08:01 PM
$3000 will probably cover your parts list.
You would be surprised how much you could actually do yourself.

latheboy
14-04-2014, 08:21 PM
You must know somebody who has mechanical knowledge!!!! Buy the parts and offer a slab to someone to fit the forks, slab for dodgy paint, etc :)

Synistah
14-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Haha yeah i think it seems like it's going to be that way.. Cruise just offered me that same advice.

I think i'll have fun giving this a try.

P.S - Cruise - Clear your message bank out :P

Tim
15-04-2014, 12:39 AM
best advice I can give. is google the shit out of what you want to do(and ask any questions here)... as there is a good chance someone has done it before or has seen it done before.

Synistah
15-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Have taken everyone's advice and decided to tackle this head on, Along side with a couple slabs of beer and some other favors.. I have a small team of friends ready to give this a shot.

Have been doing some research on the 'harder' stuff.

Edit: Created build thread as now underway

nick76
15-04-2014, 02:51 PM
and some other favors..

^^^^^This sounds alittle........hmmmmmm....suss!!!

Synistah
15-04-2014, 03:59 PM
All is fair in love, war and Street Fighters! What must be done, has been done.

slingy88
15-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Hi Sinister,
I think like has been touched on, bike building is more attitude and dedication than money (though money is good).
I probably spend 20-30 hours on the net or reading up for every hour I spend in the shed, because, thanks to the internet, you can guarantee, whatever your idea is, someone has done, usually with less tools etc than you'd expect and posted it up with all the tips and tricks learnt.
Again, with parts, research, findapart.come is a good base line but wreckers are usually expensive. But I have had some wins with little effort. It also gives a good reference figure so when hunting eBay you don't getcarried away. Also don't be afraid to buy from US or UK and look at price overall. I have paid more in postage than the item cost but overall, still saved allot over buying through Oz wreckers, which seems like not supporting local businesses but I always try them first, but if a buck can be saved it's better on my pocket. Anyway, good luck and research, research, research