PDA

View Full Version : re introductin and progress update.

retro
06-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Its been a long while since I have been on this fantastic forum, Im Kyle from Newcastle and still quite new to fighters.i have already got some great advise on this forum and wanted to let you all know im back and keen to be apart of this great scene.
From job redundancies, unemployment, and now finally a full time job setting up a new plant, I have been both financially and time poor.
Im back on my feet now and my fighter is back on the top of my to do list. Best part now is when I go to the rta tommorrow,pay my $20 I will be on my full bike licence.
Here are my progress pics on my GS500 Rat fighter. Its going to be sold soon to fund my GSXR fighter but id love to
Hear your thoughts on it. I love it.
The first pic was my first paint job, and basically turned all the white to matt black.
The 2nd is a few months later after adding the green with blue pinstripe. The problem was 5 or so days later the paint went to
Crap and cracked and went dull???? Anyway now im waiting for the rain to stop so I can get her back to black.

Iceman
07-04-2014, 06:21 AM
Welcome back Kyle, I like the green stripe.

I'd say you are using the wrong type of paints if it cant handle the weather...

Gix11
07-04-2014, 09:28 AM
Welcome back mate.

MattyDucati
07-04-2014, 10:26 AM
"Green is good" Welcome

retro
12-04-2014, 03:18 PM
The green is now gone. I will be getting rid of this bike now im on my full licence.
I really like this colour scheme and am thinking this is what im going to do when I get the 01 gsxr1000 im looking at.
I dont want 2 bikes in the area with the same colour scheme so this one had to go back to black. I will post up pics if im able to negotiate a fair price on gsxr and secure the sale.
Im excited to start on a new project. This time no cans of spray paint will be harmed. It will all be done properly.
The question now is if you only had $1000 to start your new fighter and no intention of ever riding a full faring bike how would you spend your money to make the biggest impact?