PDA

View Full Version : Helmets what do you recommend?

MattyDucati
22-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Hey as the title states, which helmet and why?
i have a cheapy bell and a icon variant with the visor removed.

Helmets that have me thinking so far are, icon airframe in carbon(a bit on the $$$), bell rs1, agv rossi dreamtime, bell star carbon($$$) and the shark raw but not sure on the open face design but looks the part:p.

Give me what ya think, what you got is it good?

K6Thou
22-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Matty I reckon fuck what it looks like its about comfort and how safe ya melon will be. I run a shoei XR-1100 when I'm not wearing my shitty old, noisy craft RX-6

hyofighter
23-03-2014, 12:39 AM
Bell rouge

safighter
23-03-2014, 08:31 AM
SHARK,comes with internal sun visor ,thickest visor on the market (safety) has removable pads for bluetooth etc ,i like em,look cool to

stiffsimon
23-03-2014, 10:07 AM
I've always used Arai's and wouldn't look at anything else, personally.

El_Hefty
23-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Yep brand means shit if it dont fit....
Most helmets arent fitted correctly because they are just sold by box movers ...

Remembered looking at this video done by Jay Leno and simon would be happy its on Arai but apart from the clear advert theres a very clear message in it also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovd3KGu6BgU

Redmohawk
23-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Wear one they're great for keeping your brain in your head

Hagarr
23-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Just bought a Bell , nice and light and seems OK, also got one of those ntransition lenses which goes clear in the dark and vice versa, works good!

MattyDucati
23-03-2014, 03:13 PM
what model bell Hagarr? is it not too noisy? ive got a cheapy bell and its a bit noisy but i was look hard at the carbon bell

nick76
23-03-2014, 08:58 PM
I always have Arai...coz they fit the best. I like the look of the Sharks,but when i try one on,it feels like my chin and half my face is hanging out the bottom!! They just don't suit my melon!
Have you tried on all the helmets you are considering??

MattyDucati
24-03-2014, 12:05 AM
some of them nick, because of where i live not many to try on. 1500k's to most of them

Hagarr
24-03-2014, 01:33 PM
what model bell Hagarr? is it not too noisy? ive got a cheapy bell and its a bit noisy but i was look hard at the carbon bell

Thats it!! ........................Carbon Bell!

Little bit noisy but not really any worse than Shoei I have.

I chose the Bell because all the others were way too tight in the initial getting over your head bit ( read fat head!) Nice & Light though!

nick76
24-03-2014, 05:11 PM
some of them nick, because of where i live not many to try on. 1500k's to most of them
yeah,that sorta sucks.....not much to choose from in my town either,but sydney is only 3 hours away.

Dan1
25-03-2014, 11:15 AM
The AGV Rossi is noisy and after 2 hours or so you begin getting sore around the bottom of the ear area. At speeds above 100 it wants to start creeping upwards, mines a medium and the best fit I could get but it still wants to float. Im looking at Bell or Arai, comfy and some good user reviews out there.

fimpBIKES
25-03-2014, 11:28 AM
in regards to the icon airframe

from riding around with one for a few years i found the following problems
- noise, its pretty noisy
- the liner will not stay up above the eye cutout, have jammed paper up there but it always drops down at some point
- good for glasses wearers
- ok for fogging but not fantastic
- really meant for upright riding (naked bikes etc), in full tuck the eye-hole is too low and the rubber lip at the back rubs your neck (got a really gross blister riding back from NFR on the katana a few years back)

they are good helmets, and the fit is customisable (for instance i swapped out the cheekpads on mine and it fit perfectly)
also the way the airframe liner is very comfortable.