PDA

View Full Version : WANTED Gsxr 750 Parts

mattpace
17-02-2014, 07:05 PM
wanting to buy swing arm and any other parts required for a 2008-2009 GSXR 750 to turn into a street fighter
Thanks
Matt

wackyrider
17-02-2014, 10:34 PM
You're better off introducing yourself first. You'll get more help that way.

K6Thou
17-02-2014, 10:57 PM
How radical do you want to go with modifications Matt ? I have an MV single sided swinger with a brembro wheel that I might part with.....

Gix11
18-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Yea mate, what's your overall plan? Have you gone through this thread to get ideas? : http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?9299-GSXR600-750-2000-Present
If so, which one is the style you're going for?

mattpace
18-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Hi,
I am building a 2008 GSXR 750 streetfighter from a bike that was dropped at high speed. It's not my bike and I have not built bikes before. I mainly work on heavy equipment and various fixed plant, but pretty much repair anything.
So the build is being designed with the mind-set of a low cost repair in relation to putting the bike back to factory.
It is going to be ridden as a daily rider so a basic build with minimal extreme modifications is necessary.
I hope that answers your question K6thou and thanks for the link Gix11, that helps me.

Cheers Matt

stiffsimon
18-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Hi,

So the build is being designed with the mind-set of a low cost repair in relation to putting the bike back to factory.
It is going to be ridden as a daily rider so a basic build with minimal extreme modifications is necessary.

Cheers Matt

Erm just to point out this is Australian STREETFIGHTERS and NOT low budget repair back to original dot com. Just saying like.

mattpace
18-02-2014, 06:27 PM
I just want to buy parts mate, not every customer wants a front cover bike. just saying like.

Redmohawk
19-02-2014, 07:14 AM
So your keen to drop into our forum , hunt for some cheap parts and piss off. Nice I'm sure the sharks around here will be fine with that.

K6Thou
19-02-2014, 07:15 AM
I'll get the popcorn ready !!

Iceman
19-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Hey, he's paid his fees and asked for help. That's alot better than some others we've had arround here.

I'm sorry I can't help you Matt, but welcome aboard and good luck with it.

mattpace
19-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Thanks mate,
Looks like I might have a few builds to do this year so I don't plan on aborting this forum just yet.
I will keep searching.

Redmohawk
19-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Matt think of this place a little like a Pub, would you walk in (even after paying a cover charge) and ask if anyone had something to sell right off the bat without even introducing yourself first ? Prob get you told to F off if not a smack in the mouth.

The regulars around here are more than happy to help a bloke out , but if your not interested in at least dropping into the newcomers section and giving some info you will struggle to get much. There are people here that have forgotten more about bikes than most will ever learn , mechs , DIY'ers,painters, fab'ers, tradies of all sorts etc.

If your on face box drop in to the ASF site there and drop a line asking about the swing arm/bits plenty frequent there as well as here.

mattpace
19-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Thanks, I did not know about the new members section and introduction page.
cheers for the help.

wackyrider
19-02-2014, 11:49 PM
Intro section is here -> http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?39-Welcome-To-The-Madness

wackyrider
19-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Thanks mate,
Looks like I might have a few builds to do this year so I don't plan on aborting this forum just yet.
I will keep searching.

What other plans do you have for the year so? Also, noted that you said the Gixxer 750 isn't your bike that you're repairing. Is this just something on the side to make some cash?

I also noted t