PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Bking.Good thing or not

GTROB
14-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Hey all.

Just after some advice. I have a 2010 speed triple. Awesome machine. But its not real cumfy for me on the longer ride's. Me being nearly 6 4" tall. I have been considering maybe a Suzuki BKing. As they are a bit bigger big dimensionally. And also a fair bit more grunt. So was just wondering what's every ones thought's on them. Are they a good thing or not. I've heard they go REAL well and handle not to bad but some first hand advice would be great.

Cheers.

MONO
14-02-2014, 11:44 PM
I've heard there ok too

Tony Nitrous
15-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Longer and heavier than the Busa,
Lack of leg room for full size riders,
Crap for pillions,
Annoying 16.5ltr tank with stupid wide pods velcro'd on,
Awful fake plastic exhaust cans.

They go OK though.
Had mine since 2007
http://i58.tinypic.com/n5lisk.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/309oej8.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/200rbth.jpg

Hagarr
15-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Hey all.

Just after some advice. I have a 2010 speed triple. Awesome machine. But its not real cumfy for me on the longer ride's. Me being nearly 6 4" tall. I have been considering maybe a Suzuki BKing. As they are a bit bigger big dimensionally. And also a fair bit more grunt. So was just wondering what's every ones thought's on them. Are they a good thing or not. I've heard they go REAL well and handle not to bad but some first hand advice would be great.

Cheers.

I guess I'm qualified to comment!

Mine fit me like a glove when I test rode the King, Busa and 1400 on the same day, King won hands down on everything.

As tony says, 16 litre tank is piss poor but at my age I probably realistically wouldn't do that many k's without a rest now anyway.

Having said that I just rode two up with baggage from Adelaide to Sydney on my Bandit which has a 600 tank (14 litre range) and managed Ok so once again not a bad point.

Servicing (removing tank is ridiculous!) what a fucken joke to get under the tank, I've sworn I'll sell it if I have to take the tank off again.

Other than that its great, I've fitted and uploaded Busa program to the ECU and fitted NOS (178hp Stock & 274 hp NOS!)and Quickshifter so there's heaps of tools to play with if you get bored!

Tony Nitrous
15-02-2014, 03:34 PM
...... another idea, is to build something some folk call a "Streetfighter"
Awful name, but bare with me here...

Take a much more popular bike, with a similar motor and spec ( a Gen1 Busa is close )
Remove the Fairing and ugly bodywork, fit a new light and tail, bin the huge ugly cans,
fit some flat or higher bars and tidy it up.

You'll get a bike that is shorter, lighter, has more leg room, a 21ltr tank, is built to fit you,
and with Gen1's down to near $5k should cost half the price.
(Enough money to fix the 99-07 Busa's shit brakes)

Who knows, this "streetfighter" thing might catch on,
they should have a forum for it.

Tony Nitrous
15-02-2014, 03:37 PM
..... or join here...

http://www.suzukib-king.org/forum

BANDITROD
15-02-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm 6 5" tall and when I rode one there was no leg room mate other than that they are fucking awesome

Tony Nitrous
15-02-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm 6 5" tall and when I rode one there was no leg room mate other than that they are fucking awesome

I'm 6' and just OK.
First ride felt odd with legs under that pods and a bit snug.
Used to it now, feels normal.

Some fit lower Buell pegs but I'd be more tempted to change the side pods.

GTROB
15-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Cheer for that guys. I couldn't imagine it could be any more cramped leg room than the speed triple. How much heavier than a busa are they. As I have considered doing the buying a busa and turning it into a street fighter. But with the other projects that Have on the go at the moment. Converting a street bike into a street fighter isn't really practical. Cause Time just doesn't allow.

Tony Nitrous
15-02-2014, 07:38 PM
What makes them poor for folk with long legs is the pods that fit on the side of the tank
and house the indicators. They look like ram air scoops but they aren't. Your knees fit
under these some tall folk have issues. It's not to do with your height it's the top of knee
to sole of foot length.... If that makes sense?

As I said before, some Buell foot pegs step down and give more leg room and more comfort,
B-King doesn't ground it's pegs easily so it's not too bad a mod. I have seen bikes with the
pods removed but its fairly messy underneath and would be a job and a half to make it tidy.

If your serious join the B-King forum, a few folk have joined without bikes to get more info.
Despite having some American riders they aren't a bad bunch on there.

Tony Nitrous
15-02-2014, 07:41 PM
http://motoaus.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=880:suzuki-b-king-ridden-and-raced-review&catid=21:road-bike-features-and-reviews&Itemid=82

Tony Nitrous
15-02-2014, 07:53 PM
My Black 08 with mates 2010 gold wheels,
Mates Blue 2010 with chrome Busa rims from the US

http://i57.tinypic.com/qx8184.jpg

Hagarr
15-02-2014, 10:27 PM
...... another idea, is to build something some folk call a "Streetfighter"
Awful name, but bare with me here...

Take a much more popular bike, with a similar motor and spec ( a Gen1 Busa is close )
Remove the Fairing and ugly bodywork, fit a new light and tail, bin the huge ugly cans,
fit some flat or higher bars and tidy it up.

You'll get a bike that is shorter, lighter, has more leg room, a 21ltr tank, is built to fit you,
and with Gen1's down to near $5k should cost half the price.
(Enough money to fix the 99-07 Busa's shit brakes)

Who knows, this "streetfighter" thing might catch on,
they should have a forum for it.

HAHA Touche Tony, good point, but it wouldn't have that King appeal though would it .............!

But in all honesty, is Ugly Bus better IYO?

Handling brakes and feel of the Busa's were no comparison to the King I have.

Hagarr
15-02-2014, 10:29 PM
What makes them poor for folk with long legs is the pods that fit on the side of the tank
and house the indicators. They look like ram air scoops but they aren't. Your knees fit
under these some tall folk have issues. It's not to do with your height it's the top of knee
to sole of foot length.... If that makes sense?

As I said before, some Buell foot pegs step down and give more leg room and more comfort,
B-King doesn't ground it's pegs easily so it's not too bad a mod. I have seen bikes with the
pods removed but its fairly messy underneath and would be a job and a half to make it tidy.

If your serious join the B-King forum, a few folk have joined without bikes to get more info.
Despite having some American riders they aren't a bad bunch on there.

Yeah I guess my knees just fit snugly under the pissy pods (5'10 1/2") so thats why to me its just right snug! Any more and it would shit me!

there is a kit from the U.S. (Expensive!) which comes with tank and some rear panels (I think) which gets rid of the pods.

GTROB
16-02-2014, 05:08 AM
A good set of rear sets would have to help wouldn't they ??

BANDITROD
16-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Yes they would mate but you really need to look into it before you buy IMO

Hagarr
16-02-2014, 10:59 AM
A good set of rear sets would have to help wouldn't they ??

I'm not and have never been a scrape everything kind of rider so for me I don't feel the less ground clearance would be an issue but the seat to foot dimension feels really good, its just those fuck ugly pods that are the issue that won't allow your knees any higher without being splayed!

Go for a ride on one before you make too many decisions is probably the way to go because all the other good bits about the bike might outweigh the pods issue!

Tony Nitrous
16-02-2014, 11:31 AM
You can do big miles on one, I have and do, but the tank and seat aren't a
patch on something like a GSX1400. OK for a few hundred K's but on long
days in the seat the King isn't great, makes the 14's seat seem soooo nice.

GSX14 seat beats the King or Busa everytime when your eating up big distances.

GTROB
16-02-2014, 08:20 PM
I have one lined up to test ride when I get home. See how I go. Can't wait to see what they are like.

Hagarr
19-02-2014, 09:38 AM
I have one lined up to test ride when I get home. See how I go. Can't wait to see what they are like.

if you go on to the B-King.org facebook page there is at the moment discussion in regards to fitting Buell footpegs which are lower from the original.

Tony Nitrous
25-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Buell pegs on a B-King.....

http://i60.tinypic.com/24f0het.jpg

GTROB
13-03-2014, 08:55 AM
Took one for a test ride. All I can say is WOW. The guy who owns it is the same height as me and has already put a set of rear sets on it my legs fit nicely under those tank thing's. I could see how with out rear sets they would be very uncomfortable. Impressive bike all round. Feels a lot more stable than the speed triple on the road. You don't seem to get bashed around by the wind any where near as much. And the power is well. I think any one who owns or has riden one will know exactly what I'm saying. This one come's with Yoshi pipes, power comander and k&n filter. What kind of hp would this bike be making ??

Hagarr
13-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Took one for a test ride. All I can say is WOW. The guy who owns it is the same height as me and has already put a set of rear sets on it my legs fit nicely under those tank thing's. I could see how with out rear sets they would be very uncomfortable. Impressive bike all round. Feels a lot more stable than the speed triple on the road. You don't seem to get bashed around by the wind any where near as much. And the power is well. I think any one who owns or has riden one will know exactly what I'm saying. This one come's with Yoshi pipes, power comander and k&n filter. What kind of hp would this bike be making ??

Anywhere between 160 - 185 RWHP! Depending on tune.

GTROB
13-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Anywhere between 160 - 185 RWHP! Depending on tune.

Yeah that should be enough.