PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE time to move my Slabbie project on

DiscoDan
30-01-2014, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure whether to post this in parts or bikes but I'll put it in bikes. Unfortunately the time has come when I need to find a new owner for my slabbie project, hopefully someone here has the time and skills to finish it off. I’m moving to a new house in a couple of months and just won’t have the work-space, let alone the time, to finish it off so I’d prefer someone to do it justice than have it fester away. The plan was to take my J model 1988 GSXR1100, the last of the slabbies, and turn it into a bike that would handle like something ten years younger but still look original to the average bloke on the street. I hadn’t planned on a fighter but more of a retro, but that’s up to the new owner to decide now.

Around 9 years ago I had a lowside on a bridge heading out to Broke and the protruding boltheads smashed the engine case and smacked up the bodywork. It sat in the shed for a couple of years before I started collecting the parts to bring it together. Many of those parts have been brought from ASF members, ebay, and I picked up a written-off 2006 Bandit 1200 which provided the new motor and various other goodies
What you get:

1988 GSXR1100, Red and Black. Has done 80 something thousand km from memory (I’m away at the moment) so is not a minter, it would take some work to get it to concourse but it’s but it’s not a rat bike. The original engine was trashed in the crash and the fairing took a beating on the LHS, that was pretty much it. I was planning on buying a new lower LHS panel, the rest can be plastic welded. Tank is untouched but needs a respray due to the age of the paint as the clear coat is peeling
The 2006 bandit 1200 motor and carbs (new pod filters) are fitted and the original sump installed to allow the GSXR exhaust to fit. I haven’t started the electrics (I’m crap at them) but have the GSXR and Bandit looms and attachments (switchgear, CDI etc) to choose from. I have the original GSXR motor and carbs which are good for parts (cases are cracked, carbs are fine) and the GSXR cams should fit straight in if you want more top end power. It will need a new oil cooler but they’re dirt cheap now.
Bandit 12 forks and clamps are fitted using the original stem. I’ve got nice new clips-ons for the bandit forks and Paxxo style levers, black with red adjusters. It comes with the 6 spot Tokico Clipers from the bandit and a set of 4 spot Tokico’s from a GSXR600, I was going to use these as they have better performance and a more period look
There’s a set of Slingshot GSXR 17” wheels to take modern rubber, the original 18” wheels are also there as well as the rear wheel from the bandit. There’s a couple of sets of front disks also.
It’s fitted with a r6 shock on the stock swingarm. Also has a spare slabbie swingarm and the swingarm, shock and linkages from the bandit. I haven’t measured up the bandit SA but it would be a nice upgrade and a bit stiffer than the standard unit.
Stock headers, pretty rusted, and a loud megacycle (from memory) can. I also have a slightly scuffed Akrapovic (http://www.akrapovic.com/) Can that I planned to cut an inch out of to remove the damage. I’m also going to sell separately a brand new K&M sidewinder exhaust which I picked up for it but is still in the box
I’m sure there are a few other bits and bobs but my memory fails me at the moment. I also kept a lot of spare parts from the Bandit donor bike just in case they were handy during the build

So if you’re interested in this drop me a line, I'm open to reasonable offers. For someone with the space and time it should be a pretty easy process to get it into a good registered bike that combines old school cool with modern handling. I’m sure there will be a few bits and pieces required but I think most of it is there. Slap a blue and white paint job on it and you’ve got my perfect bike. It’s in the Sydney Northern Beaches.

Cheers
Dan

Gix11
31-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Photos may help whet some appetites mate?

DiscoDan
31-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Fair call, I'm travelling at the moment and won't be home for another week so I'll be able to post some up then

DCRacing
04-02-2014, 08:39 PM
I don't need another project........ I don't need another project ......... I don't need another project.......

how much?

Jed
05-02-2014, 09:59 AM
^^^^You know you want it^^^^

DiscoDan
06-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Of course you need another project, it goes without saying. Bolted together, this will be a thing of joy giving old school cool with a gruntier Bandit motor and the ability to go around corners and stop

Price is a hard one, on top of the bike itself I've spent 2-3k gathering all of the parts and getting it to where it is but obviously that doesn't relate to what it's worth. At this stage I'd be happy to walk away with $1k for the lot

As an aside; the sidewinder exhaust is sold pending photos payment and logistics

TurboKat
06-02-2014, 09:41 AM
If you're happy with a grand, I'll take it all off your hands - that's a bargain & I can't resist one of those!

PM sent.

DiscoDan
06-02-2014, 04:09 PM
deal done, I'm glad it's going to a good home

stiffsimon
06-02-2014, 04:21 PM
deal done, I'm glad it's going to a good home :rolleyes: :D

Lol. Sorry couldn't help but chuckle

DCRacing
06-02-2014, 07:53 PM
SAY WHAT!!! Bugger........