PDA

View Full Version : Old fighter

The Mad One
23-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Hi there ppl, some of you may recognise my user from the past & I trust you have been fighting with out my indulgence. I been riding so much I'd misplaced my computer ! So with the big stick & a tablet thing I'm saying hello again. Like it or not ! I made as much money as I kood without too much effort in the last few years but that just seem's to go back into two wheels. Also built an engine or two & learnt aplenty. The SB6 has undergone major work & is quite scary. It is the fastest bike I have ridden. The single is also very near unreliable & on a wet day, will walk away from anything. Next week I take delivery of the new F3 800 MV & have plans for that baby. So I trust you are well ? Now I have some parts & a bike that will go to sale soon, I should have image's of the bike ready to place for sale in the morrow. It is on here as this is where the new owner may visit instead of "eharmony" the bike ? My slabby ! Thanks. No fighting now ?

xa-mont
23-01-2014, 07:15 PM
welcome ... back i guess...

pictures of everything are in order me thinks... especially this bimota

latheboy
23-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Hi mundy

hooligan
23-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Welcome back mundy.

The Mad One
23-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Yeah we'll the Bimota is a bike that not many ppl get ??? After owning a a 1078rr & sorting this SB6 you understand what the difference is. The Bimota is shit stinking fast & handles. Better than the MV. Photos shall appear .

ozzy1100
23-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Name from the past :-)

Gix11
24-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Welcome back Mundy.

The Mad One
24-01-2014, 01:48 PM
5288 yeah it's got a fairy but no plastic, it's all carbon & highly modified.

Bob
24-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Welcome mate,

xa-mont
24-01-2014, 02:35 PM
needs moar naked...

BANDITROD
24-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Welcome back mundy

ozzy1100
24-01-2014, 05:19 PM
5288 yeah it's got a fairy but no plastic, it's all carbon & highly modified.

a mate of mine complienced the first 10 of those very nice bike
have you ever had any problems with the blots that they use in the cush drive ?

The Mad One
24-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Yeah I believe there were a few low volume importers,this bike was brought in by "Rapid motion" the Cush I keep wet some grease. Every tyre is adequate. The only issue I had is jetting the bugger with enough air volume to compliment the internal mods & getting my head around a bike with very little flex. Set it up for the track & make sure you miss the bumps. Same as an MV if you get on it wanting to break the f@cker in two, you will be rewarded. It's no fighter but it'd be a shame to do so.

ozzy1100
25-01-2014, 01:53 AM
Then your bike is one of the first good sir
Rapid motion is a mate of mine and a man
that has forgoten more about the internal combustion
engine than most of us mortals will ever know :-)
And please please don't ever cut it up :-)

ALBI
25-01-2014, 10:12 AM
do it mate take the tuppaware of and be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The Mad One
25-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Then your bike is one of the first good sir
Rapid motion is a mate of mine and a man
that has forgoten more about the internal combustion
engine than most of us mortals will ever know :-)
And please please don't ever cut it up :-) This man didn't go by the name of "Wardy" by any chance ? First time I learnt of such machine I was endeavouring to build a 1340 cosworth oil block in the same manner as "mono Ron" mr Balls himself. The image was of an SB6 parked out side a cafe' (that's right K6,it's where I go to wank) next to an F40. The SB was wearing slicks. I had to have one. In "la famiglia" yellow.FYI this runs a 1991 750 CDI, it will run to 13,000 rpm. So what ! you say if you own a current thou ! But this thing makes real horsepower not propped up computer jizzed ponie's. I have seen 12,700rpm in top, turn one/the creek. Geared down to suit the track. I have very seriously entertained fighting this bike & that frame would make an awesome looking bike,but it's so nice as it is.

K6Thou
25-01-2014, 03:45 PM
I was warned that you were fucked in the head, my first thought was to give you the benefit of the doubt......

My mistake.

The Mad One
25-01-2014, 05:44 PM
That is SO funny. I don't care, go back to to shallow end. You I can't stop laughing.."....... , the day you don't ask your local shop for refunds for the chicken strips ? They might give you respect. You wanker.

El_Hefty
25-01-2014, 08:13 PM
And the madness begins...again .... WB Mundy

The single, was that the big single in the rgv?Aprillia? frame you started a few years ago now? if so picks please

K6Thou
25-01-2014, 09:35 PM
That is SO funny. I don't care, go back to to shallow end. You I can't stop laughing.."....... , the day you don't ask your local shop for refunds for the chicken strips ? They might give you respect. You wanker.I can't believe they left the gate open at the home and you escaped again....

The Mad One
26-01-2014, 06:04 AM
Look who ever you spoke to they perhaps have never met me. I come from Japanese philosophy ever heard of "bushido" or "Shinto" ? I have dealt with things most ppl take to the grave, my mind is clear & I don't take shit from wankers like you. Now stop stalking me & go back to twitter & stalk someone else.

The Mad One
26-01-2014, 06:06 AM
5303 k5 front end,k5 rear shock from ex super bike,twin 40mm running 2mm main jets ! Yz80 rotor spins to 20,000 rpm mechanically slows @ 9,5000 rpm.gsxr grind cam slotted & dialed,trick exhaust 1-2-4-2-1,huge under seat oil cooler,the usual head stuff.60 rwbhp/48 ft pnd.

DCRacing
26-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Good to see someone else playing with the bimotas, I have one, it is cursed and trying to kill me.
Thought I had it sorted out and took it out to the last trackday and highsided it......... I wasn't even playing hard.

it was an oil issue on the tyre so I am sort off the hook, I nearly caught it twice then I was spat off. but up until then it was feeling very nice,.

what have you done to the motor? Flatslides cams and headwork? any suspension mods? I am keen to get this sorted as it feels like it has so much potential. on the down side it does feel a bit heavy.

I have nearly fightered it a few times but chickened out and I have a few issues with a compliance plate as well.

K6Thou
26-01-2014, 09:55 AM
I know about bushido. How much for the front end ? Clamps, legs, brakes and the axle ?

The Mad One
27-01-2014, 06:23 PM
What bimota do you have ?

The Mad One
28-01-2014, 03:02 PM
I know about bushido. How much for the front end ? Clamps, legs, brakes and the axle ?sorry Dan but the front end went on "Big Mumma" (the single) I got frame & swinger been crashed (not me!) but all plastics are in black/grey & straight,engine with leco & key,needs work / have the parts. I c@nt be fucked. 36 klms on it,previous owner hole the rad & glazed the bores.engine smokes only on over-run or a good thrashing.

K6Thou
28-01-2014, 03:36 PM
No dramas. It was going towards another project. So I'll keep looking.

GammaBoy
29-01-2014, 08:15 AM
5303 ,trick exhaust 1-2-4-2-1
Lol wut?

The Mad One
29-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Ok if it is confusing & I admit it does look that way,here is why. I wanted with all the mods to this thing an exhaust that would not just be a means of getting rid of the hot stuff. So I went to a cupola blokes that build sprint-car engines. They told me the most effective pipe for a four stroke is a diameter & length that compliments the capacity & 1 bend @ 70 deg. I initially made a 1-2-1 & it did not go so well. The gasses were being confused by lets just say "stuff" . So on each header I ran a 1mm cut on the vertical & inserted a "splitter" so the gass would run faster over the pipe surface. It's got to do with back pressure & being an 816cc (measured by syringe) it is critical.

DCRacing
30-01-2014, 07:49 AM
I got a SB6, I love it but I hate it.......

GammaBoy
30-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Would love a SB4 with some 17" wheels slotted under it.

The Mad One
30-01-2014, 03:56 PM
I got a SB6, I love it but I hate it....... DC I remember seeing your bike somewhere,anyway there are two things to consider when freeing the potential of an SB6. The chassis don't flex, so the suspension needs to work harder & for that you need to back it off,however when you do that (when on the track) you subject the bike to dive & roll in corner's. I run 15wt fork oil set at 90mm from the top/no spring,run up the comp to your weight. I'm 69.5 race weight so I took 20mm off preload.set the rear to match,almost to the stop. I rely on the damper a lot #5-6. The bike was built under euro law #95, which means it's was capped at 100 rwbhp. Some of those WP's are quite happy @ 165-220 aspirated. Put some good coils in it,then get CDI from a 1991/750 GSX-R. I run #7 plugs no issue.My head has been altered & is of my design, so just get it cleaned up whilst you are doing the cams. Slot the sprockets & talk to a tuner, I set mine @ 106 in 108 exh. The standard head gasket can be separated by cutting the rivets away & use only one shim, on the naked side I sprayed it with brake caliper paint/ don't use hylomar. Now take to the 20 kilo's of muffler's with the "gas axe" & replace it with a yoshi ! I just sikoflexed the carbon can to the under side. & that was 5 years ago no issues. Jetting & most important air box, I cut the other side the same as standard & the back. Get this, go to Clark rubber & get some fish tank filter, open cell. Run two layers,oiled. This is only a reference. Air/petrol 3 turns out,pilots 42.5,standard needles,middle posie,main 145. Bypass the radiator fan & run a hard wire with a switch on the dash,the f@ckers get HOT. Good luck

GammaBoy
31-01-2014, 07:38 AM
Bypass the radiator fan & run a hard wire with a switch on the dash,the f@ckers get HOT
I can never understand why people do this to cars and bikes - the thermo switch will never forget while you're sitting in traffic or if you lend it to a mate/the missus... I know of a few guys that have fucked engines because for various reasons other people had to operate it...
If the thermo switch switches too high, get a different fucking switch - hell, you can even get adjustable switches from Summit/jegs (that screw into a radiator, not the shitty old style that sits under the hose) so you can put the switching point *WHERE YOU WANT IT*.

DCRacing
31-01-2014, 08:17 AM
Awesome stuff, thanks Mate, i really appreciate you sharing your knowledge, i might have to buy you beer...
I am not going to let this thing beat me.... lol
I have got a set of cams and will get the head tickled up, I have got a way to get the K5 1000 slipper clutch into it, so will run that. I was going to put a Dyna ignition into it, or try and run the 89 GSXR750 cdi. Looking at swapping out the rims for a bit lighter type and then need to rework the suspension, good to know about the setup, i have been told the Paoli's aren't too bad as far as forks go. I was also thinking of a set of 40mm Kiehins. then i just crash my brains out until i get my head around it lol.
I am only racing a 90 gsxr at the moment, and can shuffle it around ok, but haven't really played on anything else.

The Mad One
31-01-2014, 07:04 PM
One more thing, ride with your toes on the tip of the pegs. You may be aware of this. If your toes are on the tip of the pegs & they scratch, you are about to run out of tyre ! Why does Mundy have this theory others may ask ? The pegs don't pivot !

The Mad One
31-01-2014, 07:11 PM
I can never understand why people do this to cars and bikes - the thermo switch will never forget while you're sitting in traffic or if you lend it to a mate/the missus... I know of a few guys that have fucked engines because for various reasons other people had to operate it...
If the thermo switch switches too high, get a different fucking switch - hell, you can even get adjustable switches from Summit/jegs (that screw into a radiator, not the shitty old style that sits under the hose) so you can put the switching point *WHERE YOU WANT IT*. You have a point GB, however we are talking about a Bimota & not a festiva. Taken into context , If I gave my bike to an imbosile to thrash to its hearts content ? Then yes I have joined that club. The only person that has ridden my Bimota of late was my nephew. That was at E.C & he races 600's. My Skyline runs hot but my girlfriend brings it back unharmed.

GammaBoy
03-02-2014, 08:21 AM
You have a point GB, however we are talking about a Bimota & not a festiva. Taken into context , If I gave my bike to an imbosile to thrash to its hearts content ? Then yes I have joined that club. The only person that has ridden my Bimota of late was my nephew. That was at E.C & he races 600's. My Skyline runs hot but my girlfriend brings it back unharmed.

It's spelled Imbecile.
It's your motor I guess.

DCRacing
04-02-2014, 06:15 PM
One more thing, ride with your toes on the tip of the pegs. You may be aware of this. If your toes are on the tip of the pegs & they scratch, you are about to run out of tyre ! Why does Mundy have this theory others may ask ? The pegs don't pivot !

Yes I have noticed peg position, and their lack of pivot. I was wondering how I might make pegs higher, but the amount of stuffing around and then the lines don't work and it is not as pretty........

GammaBoy
05-02-2014, 08:00 AM
I was wondering how I might make pegs higher, but the amount of stuffing around and then the lines don't work and it is not as pretty........
I had the same problem with my RG - the peg mounts are a prick to do anything rear-setish with, so just rode with the balls of my feed on the peg and moved my feet for shifts/braking...

fimpBIKES
05-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Mundy! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Always a pleasure

The Mad One
07-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Mundy! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Always a pleasure Hello skimpy pants, been a while. Hope you are well. I been quiet of late as I took delivery of my new MV F3 800. Setting it up,as you all know those wogs sell over-priced poser coffee shop hopper's & are just a waste of money. This is the best bike I have ridden. It is off the planet. I'm off to the island soon & c@nt wait.