PDA

View Full Version : ADR or BUST Bike Shops & Dealers Beware

MONO
17-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Queensland Dept of Transport has been busy this week conducting random vists to bike shops, This week I Know of four shops that have been audited for their second hand bikes for sale to meet ADR.

This means checking for fender eliminators small indicators mirrors and exhausts, any bike not meeting ADR must be removed from the lot or face heavy fines . I was also told 24hrs to rectify the bike, mmm.

Can you imagine repercussions this will have to the price of second hand bikes with aftermarket exhaust ?

fimpBIKES
17-01-2014, 12:02 PM
but how they going to sell them if they dont look cool and sound awesome?!?!?!?!?

Neo Dutch
17-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Maybe riders shouldn't use the excuse "But officer, that's how I bought it from the shop" to justify their mods.

The 24hrs to rectify would be a bit of a furphy. In almost every case it would be impossible to source the required parts in that timeframe.

Hillsy
17-01-2014, 02:15 PM
If they "remove them from the lot" then the 24 hour thing is a moot point because they won't be for sale anymore.

I'd say that gives them as much time as they want / need to rectify any non-compliance.

QLD Transport are just a bunch of cunts.

Neo Dutch
17-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Aren't they all?

Weaselman
18-01-2014, 11:00 AM
I ride a bike that was built in 1988 and when questioned about my Vance and Hines full system I just said it was the only viable replacement available for a bike of its age.

Got away with it.

Redmohawk
18-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Adr compliant pre 86 only means under 96 Db output, anything not fitted with a CAT stock should also fit into the same area.