PDA

View Full Version : Nos MINI or another hub

Yella
30-12-2013, 08:26 PM
I am wiring up the NOS system,
Multifunction hub output one to activate NOS, output 2 to cut NOS and activate shift light. Wired it up with relays to the 2 dial etc worked for 2 tests then the output from the multi function hub stopped working.
I can't find any info on testing the Hub ( as normal with PC stuff) outputs other than the basic so thinking it is shot.

Question is do I get another multifunction hub and try again (thinking something spiked the hub, one of the relays was not diode or resistor protected) or get a NOS mini and do away with the 2 dial and hub outputs.

Seems every step with the PC3 and add ons is a battle

Hagarr
31-12-2013, 01:19 PM
I am wiring up the NOS system,
Multifunction hub output one to activate NOS, output 2 to cut NOS and activate shift light. Wired it up with relays to the 2 dial etc worked for 2 tests then the output from the multi function hub stopped working.
I can't find any info on testing the Hub ( as normal with PC stuff) outputs other than the basic so thinking it is shot.

Question is do I get another multifunction hub and try again (thinking something spiked the hub, one of the relays was not diode or resistor protected) or get a NOS mini and do away with the 2 dial and hub outputs.

Seems every step with the PC3 and add ons is a battle

Why are you not using ECUE?

Piece of piss and no add ons required!

this is for Busa right........?

I use a combination of PC & ECUE to get my result, for differing reasons which I can explain.

If you use ECUE rather than PC you will be adjusting both sets of Injectors whereas PC is only one set!

I use ECUE to activate NOS solenoid and fuelling, TPS 95%> and each gear adds fuel up to a maximum of 40% and duty of solenoid to start in second gear and add % duty to solenoid until in sixth gear.

I use PC for general fueling outside of NOS control and ECUE adds percentages depending on gear and TPS, hope you understand this ramble!

Yella
31-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Mine is a 99 so 16 bit and can not use the editor. only one set of injectors. I was going to upgrade to 32 bit but ended up with a PC3 and the add ons at a reasonable price. 32 bit is still on the cards aswell

Hagarr
31-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Mine is a 99 so 16 bit and can not use the editor. only one set of injectors. I was going to upgrade to 32 bit but ended up with a PC3 and the add ons at a reasonable price. 32 bit is still on the cards aswell

Get on to Woolich racing site they have harnesses and .bin files for the Gen1 Busa, in fact I have one in my possession right now as I was going to convert Gixxer thou ECU to Busa, but thats another story don't ask.

In essence Bloody Oath you can flash Gen1 Youbetcha baby!

Go to this site http://ecuhacking.activeboard.com/ and have a read through but also check http://www.woolichracing.com/ as he is in Brissy and very helpful.

............and this one can be helpful http://www.woolichracing.com/forums/index.php

Yella
31-12-2013, 03:07 PM
I did do a heap of looking earlier on and from what I found I can't flash the 16bit gen 1 99- 00 , can definitely do the 32 bit gen 1 02-07. 01 is its own animal. The conversion is fairly straight forward just need an ECU and a hub

Hagarr
31-12-2013, 07:08 PM
MMMM OK sorry I thought I was on a winner for you!

Watto
31-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Hey Yella - I've got a boxed DJ hub (DJ HUB-003) sitting in the shed if you end up staying with the PC and cant get one locally/yours doesnt spring back to life - just throwin it out there

Watto

Yella
31-12-2013, 08:54 PM
MMMM OK sorry I thought I was on a winner for you!

So did I at the start, I will definitely do the 32 bit upgrade at some stage

Yella
31-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Hey Yella - I've got a boxed DJ hub (DJ HUB-003) sitting in the shed if you end up staying with the PC and cant get one locally/yours doesnt spring back to life - just throwin it out there

Watto

How much do you want for it? Maybe the easiest way, tried a couple of things today, everything works except the relay outputs

Watto
01-01-2014, 02:58 AM
Will pm ya mate

Redmohawk
01-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Send me down the dead one when you get it replaced and I'll see if I can swap out the drivers in it for you .

Yella
01-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Will do thanks, I am going to check the load and spike on the circuit to try and see why it has failed. One of the relays didn't have a built in resistor or diode that's the only thing I can see that may have caused an issue but even that is a big call.

Redmohawk
02-01-2014, 07:22 AM
an auto relay without a suspression diode could put 700 volts back into it no prob, but I'd be supprized if the killed the hub

Yella
02-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Well after talking to guy on Psychobike he said the firmware that Power commander have listed on the website as the latest isn't, he set me the latest update and everything is working again as it should. Bloody dynojet upgrades doing my head in but happy it is working. I have left it for now and will return Saturday to make sure it still does as it should then I will tidy it all up. Massive thanks to Watto for the offer of new items but with any luck I wont need them :)