PDA

View Full Version : de-restricting sfv gladius or sv 650

rizzla
10-12-2013, 12:45 AM
Hi guys got a solution to a problem I'd been having so I thought I would share it.;)
So here's a little trick I learnt in prison..
plan ahead go to super cheap auto and get yourself a decent small switch and some black electrical tape. Make sure you have a soldering iron handy as well.
1 make sure ignition is off
2 disconnect the battery
3 Unplug the ECM/ECU
4 on the larger of the two plugs look for pin#24 its the fourth one in from the left on the bottom row. It should be a black wire with brown trace and green dots.
5 strip back the tape on the wiring harness and far enough so you can splice in and solder the switch (its up to you where you put the switch I've hidden it in the tail unit) use enough extra wire to hide switch or not either way.
6 wrap up the wiring harness nice and snug again
7 BOOM you got 2 modes 33bph and 66. Something bph cool hey :cool:
8 reconnect every thing in reverse ECM/ECU Then battery then ignition
9 Tell your mate to take care then light fuse......
10 DENY EVERYTHING

Lets be honest you don't really need a switch coz once you flick it it's never gonna be turned off however it gets around the pesky cops.... they can Dyno it all they like it's still lams.

Hillsy
10-12-2013, 02:36 PM
So you're saying if you cut that wire it's 66hp...re-connect it and it's back to 33hp??

xa-mont
10-12-2013, 04:44 PM
ummm don't they also have a restrictor plate in front of the TBs?

rizzla
10-12-2013, 07:51 PM
I have a de-cat pipe threw out junk box on the bottom. she breathes free and easy.
yup it works tracing the wires back against the charts comes back as a mode select wire snip hey presto done. I have to thank the French for this though as they did it first! :cool: