PDA

View Full Version : police crack down

WATEVR
04-02-2008, 02:15 PM
just wondering if we are the only state currently copping the crack down on rear fenders on bikes??

they are really blitzing ti here with patrols of 8 or so cops in random towns on known riding spots and pulling up everyone and defecting anyone with fender illiminators, rego stickers not shown chain gaurds etc

just going out of control!!!

Hillsy
04-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Wasn't it SA that was going to outlaw gangs??

Could be step 1.......

Big Daddy
04-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Chain Guards..... Hang on, they are not manditory....

chopaweeza
04-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Actually chain guards are. They must extend 150mm(from memory) rearward from the pillion pegs . If you don't have one on a bike with a stock frame you get zapped for removing safety equipment regardless of whether you have pillion pegs or not. I recently helped a VTR rider out of a series of defects that an over zealous 20 year old wanted to slam him with. I went over the list of things with the Officer on the riders phone pointing out that all the things he objected to were (just) legal and was able to read straight from the ADR's to prove it. The cop then spat the dummy and after letting him go tailled him until he gave it a handful then nailled him for that instead. Cops trialled the same thing in NSW in the Fairfield area under the then new Anti Hooning Laws but the lack of bookings led them to drop it. Expect to see more activity like it across the country . It will probably happen after one of the Current Affairs Shows does another piece on blokes doing stunts & putting them on YouTube again.

alfiestorm
04-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Just proves to me that Australian traffic coppers are complete cunting retards. It must be pretty damned obviouse that a fender eliminator is going to cause a multi vechle pile up with severe loss of life fucking dicks.

Just one of the reasons I am not staying in Australia.

JackTar
04-02-2008, 04:54 PM
My rego sticker can't be seen and that is how it came out of the factory so the cops can eat my arse with a spoon.

EFE 1230
04-02-2008, 05:46 PM
In SA your rego sticker must be able to be viewed from the footpath with the bike parked parallel to the kerb so it must be on the left side of the bike. It can't be mounted on the no plate at the rear, it doesn't matter if it stands out like dog balls if it ain't on the left side you get a failure to display fine and a regency park (not cop shop) defect!!! A mate saw cop bikes at Meadows (hills) the other saturday doing bike roadworthy inspections.

WATEVR
04-02-2008, 08:37 PM
they also did a big at lobie last sunday, a guy on another forum got down for the chopped fender and got it cleared at a plice station. the older cop said that they where basically cash fines and regency is definately overkill. chain gaurds i can understand but fender eliminators fuck me!!