PDA

View Full Version : Bike alarms

wackyrider
02-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Looking at installing an alarm on the bike and wondering what there is out there that people have used and opinions on them.

Hopefully something easy enough for me to install myself too

xa-mont
02-12-2013, 08:07 PM
I use over-insurance.

Jockney Rebel
02-12-2013, 09:55 PM
a 10 stone german shepard works for me

stiffsimon
03-12-2013, 05:59 AM
I'm sure Adam will be along soon to comment on this Jules. I have a Scorpio SR-i900r for my Zook after reading good reviews about it. However I am not going to install it and will probs be up for sale. Reason being that the Scorpio alarm is not compatible with the Motogadget m-Lock or more precisely the m=Lock is not compatible with RFID alarm/immobilisers. I have emailed Motogadget a please explain but have not received any reply from them as of yet. If you look at my thread about alarm immobilisers Adam gives a good explanation as to why these systems aren't compatible.

Redmohawk
03-12-2013, 06:36 AM
Frenchy if you really feel the need to fit something to piss off everyone near your bike (mostly yourself) you'll need one compatable with your keyless ignition (they are about)

wackyrider
03-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Yeah Simon, I wasn't sure what alarm you had yourself. I was looking at the i900 myself, but if it will cause an issue with the M-lock then not worth the hassle.

Also, is it the ignition module which would cause an issue or the alarm itself? As the ignition module is an additional item

stiffsimon
03-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Mr RMHK explains it quite well hear

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?26904-Motogadget-m-Lock-compatability

Cruisecontrol
03-12-2013, 07:36 PM
I use over-insurance.

Yep.
I bought it for five and the insurance company reckon it's worth nine.
At the end of the day I will get my money back without the hassle of a flat battery.