PDA

View Full Version : Caution at track days

Pab13
02-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Just thought I'd give you all a heads up on a bloke at Phillip Island, he is going around and trying to get your rego number,
vin and engine number so if you have an off he can sell them to
insurance companies. So just be on the look out.

TurboKat
02-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Surely if someone catches him in the act, he'd cop a flogging.
What a cunt act :(

Pab13
02-02-2008, 10:34 AM
You would hope tk

Issues
02-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Don't know with bikes but DOT used to have a guy driving in 4x4 parks taking down rego of modded trucks then they would post out suspected defective vehicle notices.
In my experience with any comp work hide all your VIN details rego ect. I have even had people I know get issued suspected defective vehicle notices posted out from you tube video's where the plates where visable.

chopaweeza
02-02-2008, 11:55 AM
There was a P.I. that was pulling similar at Eastern Creek in 2006 . He would record a plate if visible and either a VIN or engine number on his handy cam posing as a fan if he couldn't. If the bike had a prang he did a quick background check on it , found who the insurer was and kept checking with the insurer until a claim was logged. He'd then sell the incriminating tape to the insurer . Dog act no doubt. He suddenly stopped for some reason . Mainly because the guys at Eastern Creek realised he was bad for business I assume.

Zed14
02-02-2008, 12:29 PM
more than likely you would know before you did a trackday that your bike is not covered by insurance if you have an off. and our insurance goes up all the time because of bogus claims. so why should everyone else pay for your damage. i think anyone who makes a claim on damage caused at a trackday is scum. if you cant afford to fix it yourself dont do the trackday. if you talk to this bloke at p.i. get his number for me and i will buy him some beer next time im down there. i gather you blokes dont like what he's doing cause you would make a claim yourselves. if ya wanna ride and claim do a school. we know you all need riding lessons and shannons cover your bike for damage if damaged at a licenced superbike school. now have fun and dont be scum fuckers.

fimpBIKES
02-02-2008, 02:13 PM
you tell em rex!

but even if you crash a week later on the road isnt your insurance still void?
no bogus-ness about that sorta claim

Zed14
02-02-2008, 02:26 PM
why would it be void if you crashed on the road ? as long as its legit but you are increasing the risk of crashing tenfold by doing a trackday. and you know its not covered so if you crash stiff shit. fix it yourself.

fimpBIKES
02-02-2008, 02:30 PM
i thought they voided it flat-out if you did a track day regardless of whether you binned it 2 weeks later?

Zed14
02-02-2008, 02:41 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/44632283816931.gif
its risk you take.:D

EFE 1230
02-02-2008, 02:44 PM
BUY HIM A BEER???? Fuck that tape the carton over his head and set it on fire!!!! Do you think the insurance companies are only interested in the info for dodgy claims? let's say you own your bike outright don't use it on the road so need no insurance you are now documented as a "risk taker" do you think they will issue a policy to a known "risk taker"? do you think a "risk taker" would get the 3rd degree if making a legitimate single vehicle accident claim? Insurance companies will use any possible clause/technicality/expert opinion to not honor a claim. Information is everything the more info someone has about you the more they have over you. Covering your bikes plate/vin may stop id but what about your tow vehicle/trailer rego? Insurance companies/coppers/govt departments fuck em all there all cunts!!!! (paranoid rant now over)

Zed14
02-02-2008, 02:46 PM
if you can prove a legit claim then wheres the drama? oh and if your on the street speeding your a risk taker. on the track your a sensible human (hopefully)you just have to convince the insurance companies.
:D

Zed14
02-02-2008, 02:51 PM
do you think he gets much for the details. i can get video of 40 cars minimum every day breaking the law and driving dangerously on the highway how much do you think they pay?

EFE 1230
02-02-2008, 03:19 PM
I tried to convince an insurance company that the $1200 they wanted to spend repairing (construction company) my damaged front fence was the same price quoted to replace it (fencing contractor) completely from one end to the other. Would they listen? no, I showed them 2 quotes both $1200 or less but no the quotes were for REPLACING not REPAIRING the fence. Because the construction company they sent said they could repair it that was it!!!! Fuck it was a full on drama they would not listen went on for months because I told them the company they sent were full of shit (wanted to straighten colorbond sheets/posts) rip off artists in the end I took the money. Fuck ever trying to get them to fix a bike properly!!

alfiestorm
02-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Before I left England my insurance covered me for none compotition use or speed testing.
So as long as you are not in a organised race, you can be with a whole bunch of ya on a track bin it and claim if you wanted it also covered track day schools.

I still have insurance running in England on my sons bike and the terms and conditions are still the same oh yeah and the insurance has built in breakdown cover as well which also covers you on main land europe and wait for it the cost of it is 165GBP per year which is about au$369

Zed14
02-02-2008, 03:47 PM
uk might have put us here but other than that we have nothing in common. you have to trade something for a better life. at least you dont have to put up with poms eh.

alfiestorm
02-02-2008, 04:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Rexie

uk might have put us here but other than that we have nothing in common. you have to trade something for a better life. at least you dont have to put up with poms eh.

Your right I have to put up with whingeing Aussies now :D:D:D:D

Zed14
02-02-2008, 04:29 PM
im not whingeing im just pointing out that we all know insurance doesnt cover track days.this bloke has found a way to make an extra dollar. how many of you would have done it given half the chance. and if you werent doing anything to worry about you wouldnt have gave him a second glance and he wouldnt be there in the first place. take responsibility for your own actions.

Issues
02-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Rexie I think you are confused, insurance agencies are the scum of the earth. A mate of mine had a modified ute insured with a major insurance company on agreed value for $54000, it was stolen n not recovered, he was offered $19000 which was market value. Agreed value that they agreed it was worth $54000, took $2500 a year premium then offered market, fuck that.
Any cunt sellin some ones details, makin money off someone elses hide deserves to get their arse raped by a donkey.
If anyone catches one of these pricks doin this shit I call pinyata, They are just fucken scum.
We had a freind on the way home from a comp, hit a fallen tree on a dirt road on a blind corner n insurance refused to cover the damage cos he had been to a comp. The comp n accident where unrelated.

If you want to know why insurance goes up, its greed n fraudulent claims. A mate of mine worked for RACQ for six months his job was to sort the invoices for errors, not mistakes but wrong claims. Suncorp tried to bill RACQ for 2 bonnets, 3 front doors, 2 front bumpers and a set of five ford XR6 turbo mags on a claim on a nissan pulsar hatch.

Booster
03-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Trackday records are open books for the insurance companys,who crashed in what group, bike details from entry etc, doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out if you crashed at a track day or the day after.

Matt
03-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Im with you Rexie, we all know our bikes arent insured out there. and for the other bloke, it doesnt matter if there is rubber all shredded off your tyres from last weekends track day, if you legitimately crashed on the road you will be covered, but rest assured they will investigate to make sure you arent pulling their legs.

The Goblin
03-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Hmmnnnn? someone musta punched Rexie in the head for me.He`s actually making some sense,Maybe cause John laws is not on the radio he`s making his own judgements.So stop taking insurance details outa context.IF you fuck up on the track,You have to take it on the chin.If you have a bogus claim WORRY.I do not like insurance companies either,I am trained as an underwriter & have "personalised statement" training aswell.It has been over two years since my devastating accident & I`m still blowing bubbles[}:)]The whole process is corrupt & if you are to prove any thing for the right of justice you have to think like a psychopath cause that is the only way you can beat them at their own game.NOT only is it the insurance but the solicitors & barristers you have to out smart.
My advice is if you have a dodgy claim,be very good at chess
if you have a legit claim,be even better at chess
Good luck?

Pab13
03-02-2008, 09:05 AM
I was just trying to let you know what was going on . Didn't realise anyone
would get all up tight about it

Chris41
03-02-2008, 12:56 PM
quote: I was just trying to let you know what was going on . Didn't realise anyone
would get all up tight about it
Don't sweat it mate, just a healthy discussion among friends. Having your own point of view has a lot to do with this site and streetfighters in general, as long as there are beers at the end.

Chris

BANDITROD
03-02-2008, 02:45 PM
im with paul on this one we were talking about this the other day and like he said he was just letting you guys know about what we were told by Ron at ball performance and weren't trying to start a debate so give the man a break guys he was just giving you a heads up

Zed14
03-02-2008, 05:19 PM
i wasnt starting an argument i was just bored.

BANDITROD
03-02-2008, 05:43 PM
thats cool mate

fimpBIKES
04-02-2008, 08:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by Matt

Im with you Rexie, we all know our bikes arent insured out there. and for the other bloke, it doesnt matter if there is rubber all shredded off your tyres from last weekends track day, if you legitimately crashed on the road you will be covered, but rest assured they will investigate to make sure you arent pulling their legs.

see, thats not my understanding of it at all

from my talks with insurance peoples
ANY trackday voids your insurance for anytime after the trackday (weeks, months etc)

i dont agree with it, but im pretty sure that that is how it works