PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE Loomuanum

Redmohawk
09-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Ok boys and pink elephants I have been paid off for a indiscression With a not small batch of Aluminium (partly cause the mob that had it were having trouble making money out of it) There all 100% safe and un fun I'm afraid used to be tank practice ammo.

Basicly for $20 a lump ($15 to me $5 to asf) you get to come pickup your own lump of (what I've been told, all here say might not be right but prob is) 7075 T6 Aluminium in an inconvieniant 120mm bit of hollow bar with a plug of T5 Ali with a 60mmx2.5mm thread stuffed up one end and a lump of steel in the other. Has a cut across the lenght to prove there is no boom boom inside anymore (yeah bugger I know) If you want a bulk lot I'd be happy to deliver.

The one split in half gives you an idea of what it looks like pulled apart, I shove a bit of the softer stuff (end plug) in a lathe and give it a little run to see how it machines (very nice) no issues with galling etc on tool Nice to work with. I have about 5 ton of this (keeping some to play with but I need the cash) Most of it will be dissasemballed and back to the scrappy for a nice little profit But if your after some speek up or miss out.

120mm outside dia about a 58mm hole 60mm thread 12kg total weight without steel plug about 6 kg of high grade Ali , Ali plug weight about 0.5 kg. Hollow bar about 180mm long

Hagarr
10-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Just gotta come up with a plan as to what to make with it!

TonyOW31
10-10-2013, 12:59 PM
For anybody interested in this, here's a rough idea of what flat bar you could cut out of it if ypou are careful.

Redmohawk
10-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Your motivated Tony , Sold the first 2000kg today about 1000 kg still in the driveway. I'd be guessing there is about another 500 kg to pick up still (so much for 5 ton) But hey all's good.