PDA

View Full Version : Mr Fimp - Got my gaurd

zx12argh
29-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks mate she turned up safe and sound!
Couldn't find the original poast mate so thought I would say ta here.
[8D]

fimpBIKES
29-01-2008, 12:47 PM
get a room!!!! [:P]

so its on the bike and all ready to go by now yeah?

zx12argh
29-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Well got it late last week so its sanded - about to fix the damage from when you dropped the bike on your guard - how did that happen btw? - and i've worked out how to mount it without having any visible screw holes...
I't should be on the bike waiting for paint in a couple of weeks - working on the rest of the bike at the same time - but shhhh dont tell anyone. Its a secret.

fimpBIKES
29-01-2008, 01:20 PM
u can bend up some little bits of sheet metal is a suitable "L" shape and then glass them in and mount to your tapped holes in the forks

that way you wouldnt have visible screws, but it would be pretty fiddly

mine just has some stainless button heads showing out the side, not too intrusive looking

can take photos if u want but it isnt anything special
i just had to do up some little "stepper" brackets cos i couldnt get the bit where the bolts are in the fender to the fork holes (unfortunately, but mainly cos mine is more minimal and pointy)
you might have more room to play with on yours (and i think it has rear mounts too yeah?)

im not 100% sure how the bike fell
i had it with the front wheel off, sitting on the fork legs
and had a bottle jack under the engine so it was leaning to the left and onto the stand

i think the bottle jack was a bit leaky in the seals
and after about a week of sitting there it just tipped over and the fender was sitting next to it

bummer eh?

zx12argh
29-01-2008, 03:32 PM
yeah mate - what a pisser... I'm trying to keep the look fairly clean - i'm probably going to be rerouting rad hoses and other bits...
my biggest enemies are time and lack of money right now tho... grad engineers aren't paid that much...