PDA

View Full Version : aust standards helmet stickers

Slain
29-01-2008, 12:27 PM
anyone got a fake one or know of how to get them off old helmets?
got me a sweet crafty lid for stuff all and now i need to make it 'legal' lol
so yeah how do i get an old one off a helmet without the 'void' showing up or anyone have a design or signwriter who can print me off some? cheers

_M_
29-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Just grab one off a bicycle helmet (heat it up and it will peal off), pigs will not know the difference, if they check at all.

Cheers

zx12argh
29-01-2008, 12:54 PM
the only people who will give a shit is CTP insurance - if you smash your head make sure your helmet "disapears"
Just tell them it was a biohazard and had to be disposed off ;)

Rocket
29-01-2008, 01:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by _M_

Just grab one off a bicycle helmet (heat it up and it will peal off), pigs will not know the difference, if they check at all.

That sounds worth trying.
My simpson cost me 3 demerit points.

fimpBIKES
29-01-2008, 01:28 PM
i think newer stickers destroy themselves dont they? (if you try to peel them off that is...)

Slain
29-01-2008, 01:58 PM
i had one on an older shark helmte (4/5 yrs old) and you can peel off the silver side but when you pull the red side with the ticks off it changes color and has VOID written accross it several times in red lol

Razorback
29-01-2008, 02:07 PM
I run a Roof Lemans and I seriously couldnt give a flying @#$% about the compliance. It exceeds Australian standards in every way so my head is as safe as it needs to be considering its empty. I even had a cop say to me that given the bike I ride, they have a lot to worry about before they get to the helmet.http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/8364251712537.jpg

Slain
29-01-2008, 02:40 PM
yeah i have the same thing with the bike, but being hit with 3 points (same fine as not wearing a helmet) is a big bad on my license and i cannot lose my license or i wont be able to do my new job :(
i read around the net a bit, its AS1698
i know guys used to sell stickers but i cant find anyone and all signwriters laugh at me as they hang up the phone so yeah, anyone here know a sign writer who can hook me up?

On another note this was my new purchase:
http://www.motorbike-search-engine-shop.co.uk/Shop/CrashHelmets/Craft/FS/IMG_1028.jpg
cost me $235 with a tinted visor thrown in, same size as me with no scratches and worn twice :)

suxukifreak
29-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Ive got a import AGV, Arai and Icon [:0] [:0] [:0] [^]

Rocket
29-01-2008, 05:36 PM
You better watch it then Des.

If anyone can help out with an anonymous supplier of stickers, plenty of people here would be very happy.
Imagine getting done on a double demerit point weekend ??
Six points !!!
Fuck that I only wear the Bandit on fighter runs into the countryside for the time being.

I'm gunna try the bike helmet thing.

Jockney Rebel
29-01-2008, 07:22 PM
see if you can find a jpeg of it on the net and print it on to some vinyl then clear coat over it .....

Funkenfresh
29-01-2008, 07:47 PM
i heard you can get a fraud charge if caught with a fakey sticker

LKC73
29-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Why dont you guys hit up the air brushers that paint lids? surely they would have to replace the sticker on the ones they paint. And someone has to be in good with them.

Oh and Rocket, that would hurt! In the fine print of the long weekend adds I noticed it stateing "not wearing a helmet in the case of motorcyclist"

ozkat
29-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Be very careful , my boss got done a few weeks ago for an non ADR helmet with a dodgy sticker. Belive me the cops do know what they are looking for in regards to illegal ADR stickers. Saying that i used one on my Simpson lid. Proberly not a good idea not to make posts like this so public tho. ;)

Slain
30-01-2008, 07:53 AM
well i tried with two helmets last night :)
one was the newer shark and the adr sticker came up void, now with some chrome vinyl behind it you wouldnt notice it from a distance but up close you can.
then i attacked a crappy old kbc i had, i found that ripping the sticker off as quick as i could didnt reveal the void marking :)
its the older type sticker and the red ticks have faded but a cop has told me that it doesnt matter if it fades, so now all i have to do is get my lid air brushed like i was going too and say they repainted the whole lid or it will look sus with a old faded sticker and a brand new lid.

Thruan
30-01-2008, 09:56 AM
what about using a razor blade to get it all off at once, then just using some ashesive to stick it on to the new one.. cause by the sounds of it, when pressure is put on it as u peal it off it creates the void thing, if u got a razor behind it and done gently it wouldnt do it.............???

BillyWhizz888
30-01-2008, 10:33 AM
silver foil behind void top part looks shite but at least its something :D
There are stickers around you just have to find them...
NO.. I am still looking :(

scotty mac
30-01-2008, 12:20 PM
this is something me an my lil bro have been wondering about. we're going to start airbrushing lids soon as a hobbie/drinkin sesion, nothing to serious(still in the setting up stage). he's looking up the legal side of painting and ADR stickers.

btw if anyone has a old lid they are going to turf out pm me as we need a few to pactice with ideas.
cheers scotty

zx12argh
30-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Dumb question but couldn't you just mask over it - paint it - then clear coat over it when you are done?

scotty mac
30-01-2008, 12:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Dumb question but couldn't you just mask over it - paint it - then clear coat over it when you are done?
not so much the sticker but paint on the helmet. i know with had hats and other plastic style helmets your not supose to even use stickers as the acertone can melt it. fibreglass helmets will be no problem just got to check the legalitys. also not sure how well the paint would stick to the sticker. this is why he's checking it all out. any advise is handy.

Tomac
04-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Digging up an old thread...

I recently bought (locally) a AGV evo-8 helmet & whilst on a ride I mentioned to someone that my old fox v3 helmet had been missing the Au standard label for several years because I removed it not knowing... The helmet has to have the Australian Standards AS 1698 sticker but it doesn't state where on the helmet??? In other words, the one the inside is sufficient . Basically If a cop drags you to court because you have removed the sticker, you can fight it as long as it has the Au standard inside.

Thats what Iv been told.

So I'm looking into it & it seems to be correct.

Marking

The mandatory standard also includes some features you can visually check, such as marking and labelling. Each helmet must have permanent clear markings with the following information:

name of the manufacturer
model designation
size
month and year of manufacture, for example ‘July 2009’ or ‘7/09’
the words ‘Vehicle User’s Helmet.’

http://www.productsafety.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/974854

I'm not suggesting to remove the sticker, I'm just saying...Where dose it say visible on the outside?

stiffsimon
04-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Am I missing something here?You get a "sweet deal" on a helmet, post up on a public forum asking how to apply a fake Aus standards sticker, receive comments like double demerit days,going to court, fraud,painting your "sweet" helmet, clear coating, etc., etc.
Are you wise? My guess is that if you do get ID'ed as having a fake sticker it won't seem like such a sweet deal very quickly.

fimpBIKES
06-05-2013, 12:36 PM
"The markings and safety instructions must be easy to see. Users must not have to remove any padding or permanent component of the helmet to be able to read these markings and instructions.
"
so in theory perhaps on the inside of the chin piece is cool, but you would have to be able to remove the original without destroying it. as above any dodgy sticker would be counted as no sticker in court.

it also says the sticker must have
"instructions to the user to:

make no modifications to the helmet"

i would confirm with a lawyer before being certain, and then wonder why you care so much, its just a little sticker (unless you are looking at getting a helmet in from OS and putting one on, in which case it court it could be easily proven that the model of helmet was never sold here)