PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest motorcycle to buy or build and run on road

DKdriftking
19-08-2013, 05:41 PM
The last one I had cost thousands and thousands more in mechanic bills. It was terribly unreliable. I want something that will get me around town without costing thousands.

Do you know what the cheapest two wheeled option is?

Gix11
19-08-2013, 06:15 PM
What was the last one mate? Harley by any chance?

Not much info here. Cheapesast two wheeled option is a pushbike. What do you really mean? What size? what use? what country? etc etc...

nemo
19-08-2013, 06:25 PM
ct110

Nudie
19-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Maybe prove you're not a fucking spambot/knobhead and you just might get some help

Hillsy
19-08-2013, 06:56 PM
XJ900 Diversion. Pretty cheap nowadays and go forever.

ALBI
19-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Hire bike !!!

DKdriftking
19-08-2013, 10:46 PM
I had a 1993 yamaha virago 535 which I bought for $3000. I spent more time using buses as a result of the many breakdowns and the repairs cost more than $4000 in the year that I owned it. I ended up giving it to the wreckers since it was giving me such strife.

I am looking for an affordable and convenient means of getting around town so I don't need to wait/miss buses or walk into town. CT110 seems to be the best option at around $1500. Nothing else seems to come close to that. I was hoping there would be a cheaper option but I could not think of one.

Spanks
19-08-2013, 11:09 PM
motorised skateboard

Redmohawk
20-08-2013, 08:42 AM
I had a 1993 yamaha virago 535 which I bought for $3000. I spent more time using buses as a result of the many breakdowns and the repairs cost more than $4000 in the year that I owned it. I ended up giving it to the wreckers since it was giving me such strife.

I am looking for an affordable and convenient means of getting around town so I don't need to wait/miss buses or walk into town. CT110 seems to be the best option at around $1500. Nothing else seems to come close to that. I was hoping there would be a cheaper option but I could not think of one.

I picked up a ct110 for a mate for $400 spent $300 on it and registered it for an all up cost of about $1200 plenty of cheap ones out there that will run fine.

Iceman
20-08-2013, 10:14 AM
GS500 suzuki, cheap, reliable and fun to ride.

Hillsy
20-08-2013, 01:15 PM
GS500 suzuki, cheap, reliable and fun to ride.

I agree totally, because I don't want to make an uninformed decision about someone else experiences ... Lol

safighter
20-08-2013, 05:10 PM
cheap SUZUKI ,reliable and great to ride HONDA

damo1
21-08-2013, 10:55 AM
This has to be a piss take seriously!!!

Why the fuck of all places would you come on here asking for the cheapest motorcycle and then claim you used to own a fuckn virago and then go on to say that nothing comes close and opt for a fuckn postie bike?

This is one of those jokes that all the above have been sucked into for sure??

Man up go to the classifieds section and buy on of the fighters on offer you will not look back!!

Fuckn postie bike PFFFT - pussy

Tony Nitrous
21-08-2013, 12:37 PM

Why the fuck of all places would you come on here asking for the cheapest motorcycle and then claim you used to own a fuckn virago and then go on to say that nothing comes close and opt for a fuckn postie bike?

Man up go to the classifieds section and buy on of the fighters on offer you will not look back!!

What he said.

..... and if we are both wrong.

You might get a mint 535 or anything else similar
that would run faultlessly for years and cost you
two tenths of fuck all, you might get a postie / XJ
or anything else names that shits its guts out and
costs you a mint.

Either way, dumb question and a dumb place to ask.

K6Thou
21-08-2013, 07:46 PM
My money is on Davo.....

;)

nick76
21-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Im sure i've seen that user name before.....sounds more like a netrider type of question

DKdriftking
22-08-2013, 01:23 PM

I asked a motorcycle related question on a motorcycle related forum.

I asked this question because my first motorcycle was a costly mistake and I didn't want to make the same mistake twice.

ct110 appears to be the cheapest registrable motorcycle (cost upfront, cost to register, cost to fuel, cost to repair) to my knowledge, do you know of a cheaper motorcycle?

Thanks for letting me know about the classified section I'll keep an eye on it as I save up enough money for a motorcycle.

@Tony Nitrous (http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/member.php?49-Tony-Nitrous) It is cheaper to replace the motor on a ct110 than on a virago 535.

Thanks to everyone who took my question seriously.

nick76
22-08-2013, 07:02 PM
:rolleyes:
If you are after something so cheap and slow......maybe get one of these.....
http://i.imgur.com/PwUcpzt.jpg
Slow,cheap to run,fixed gear so no need to muck around with derailleurs,no bike mechanics bills(unless you cant change flats yourself??) etc etc

Yella
22-08-2013, 08:00 PM
I asked a motorcycle related question on a motorcycle related forum.

Motorcycle related forum? Is that what we are?

sharky
23-08-2013, 07:31 AM
I thought this was a streetfighter modified psyco machine forum...if you want "motorcyclist" stuff I suggest nerdrider etc