way to much work lol
look good but a bit much heat in welds for my likeing

slingy88
12-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Way too much work for something that would look at home in a Dr Zeus book lol

Hagarr
12-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Looks cool to me!

I reckon that might sound. A tad tasty as well.

Nudie
12-08-2013, 07:24 PM
I can't weld for shit, so I'm not going to bag anyone who can do stuff like that!
But, the first thing I thought of when I saw these pics was "Blue Ringed Octopus"

K6Thou
12-08-2013, 07:44 PM
way to much work lol
look good but a bit much heat in welds for my likeingThe welds shouldn't look 'dirty' either. Should have the whole 'rainbow' colour thing happening.....

ozzy1100
12-08-2013, 08:14 PM
The welds shouldn't look 'dirty' either. Should have the whole 'rainbow' colour thing happening.....

the rainbow thing is nice but at end of the day darker welds on s/s are no big deal, they clean up fine.
I have found gas coverage is more to do with colouring than amps v speed.
those welds look a bit funny, the change in colour almost looks like it can sometimes from under side.
If they are the tops I cant see how he got that much heat in and moved that slow on thin wall tube and still have not that bad of a bead. Haveing said that Im self taught and by no means a expert and cant say I could build those pipes, cant say Id ever be fucking mad enough to try.....

K6Thou
12-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Would a set of stainless pipes really be a good idea ? All those welds and all the vibration would lead to failure sooner or later wouldn't it ? Now if they were titanium that would be a different story..............

Redmohawk
12-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Would a set of stainless pipes really be a good idea ? All those welds and all the vibration would lead to failure sooner or later wouldn't it ? Now if they were titanium that would be a different story..............

Ti is more brittle than stainless when welded but lighter, If you don't purge the pipe Ti will acually crack as it cools right after welding due to the Ti absorbing hydrogen from the air at over 600 deg c. Its not bad to weld once you get used to it, its a little sticky tends to want to run a bead well between two well butted bits of pipe.

I'm guessing the stainless is 1.2 mm wall , allowing a good bit more heat to be added without issue asside of discolouration. Wouldnt blame him for using something a little thicker to make life a little easyer, One would be a shit of a job let alone 6 .

ozzy1100
13-08-2013, 12:33 AM
use 304 L s/s tube