PDA

View Full Version : Simple Carb float height measurement tool home madel

stiffsimon
09-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Found this great youboob clip. I'd never have thought of this myself but it looks great.

I'm thinking this is probs one of Adams clever little inventions that he's already posted on here at some point in time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG1Qiki7hH8

oldskool
09-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Iv got the most simple of them all and every fighter builder should have one.
A vernier.

The method shown only gives you the float hight as it is (right or wrong), no measurement as such this can really only be ascertained by dismantling and measuring the float hight to a specified adjustment hight.

Redmohawk
09-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Simon Been doing it that way for years with just 4 bits of clear hose off my carb balance set, beats the crap out of pulling carbs apart if your just after a quick check. But if your messing with jets the verniers come out just for a look see.

Got to make sure the carbs are level before you do it though. I use a small builders level on the top of the carbs then use it to mark lines on the tube to measure off. Great to make sure they're all even.

stiffsimon
09-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Agreed Dylan but as the vid said he set the the height with verniers first and then when he put his tubes on they weren't matched. Maybe he's a bit of a fuck up or was drinking too much gut rot when he did it but the clear tube is a good check and a good and quick comparison.
Good idea with the spirit level Adam but when I need flatness and level I use my kitchen work top which suprise fuckin suprise is actually level which I'm a bit suprised about being one of those new mass produced throw up in a month type of houses but there you go.