PDA

View Full Version : Vic NFR trip

timbo
05-08-2013, 09:44 PM
I just thought I would start a new thread so as to not clog up the general one
So we can sort out the Vic members for a group ride north
One idea I had was to meet at mine on Wednesday night /Thursday morning and heading up the coast to Cooma. I reckon I can get us from here to Rosedale on some back roads so we can stay off the freeway as much as possible, maybe about an hour or so until we get to barnsdale from there its all good. Going past Bryn's front door to pick him up on the way through.
Just spitballing atm if anyone has any other ideas put them up here

BANDITROD
05-08-2013, 09:47 PM
im in as you know

Redmohawk
06-08-2013, 07:48 AM
Sounds like a plan, why are we leaving for cooma Thursday ? Everyone else wont get there till fri arvo or are we just making an extra day away ?

timbo
06-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Nothing is in concrete yet Red I was think of looking after our redneck makes back and spreading the trip over two days but if one is all that is required then we can leave on Friday morning.im easy just not cheap

TurboKat
06-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Preliminary discussions with my associates indicate a high level of unsuitability & general displeasure with a Thursday departure, if the possibility of a re-scheduling of the commencement date exists & the organising committee is agreeable to same, the resultant increase in the level of attendance of Kool Kids will no doubt greatly enhance the event's prestige.

BANDITROD
06-08-2013, 10:12 AM
im happy to leave Friday guys

Redmohawk
06-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah I see your point timbo , who's place is the most easterly we could crash at thursday night ? Its about a 7 hour sedate ride from the melb cbd to cooma via the coast road (cbd for referance) . Do we have a member in Morewell area ? Thats about half way for rod to cooma.

timbo
06-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Properly my place is the best place to leave from, im about 45/50 min east of the CBD and all the good road start on my door step

So after a quick chat to cupcake, Crash here on Thursday for a Friday morning departure

xa-mont
06-08-2013, 04:15 PM
I wish i could go :( BOOOOO!!!

If anyone wants to crash at my place in Bairnsdale on Thursday night (that way you can leave Melbourne after work on Thursday and ride up from Bairnsdale on Friday morning) that would be cool with me.

I could even meet you lot in Sale and take you a more indirect way that includes 1 awesome road to get to Bairnsdale. then you're only on the highway between Rosedale and Sale (like 20km or something)

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
06-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Yeah I see your point timbo , who's place is the most easterly we could crash at thursday night ? Its about a 7 hour sedate ride from the melb cbd to cooma via the coast road (cbd for referance) . Do we have a member in Morewell area ? Thats about half way for rod to cooma.
I live 10 mins from Morwell in Yallourn North. Just let me know where to hook up and it'll happen.

TK. did you get a yay or nay from professor pat pending?

Has anyone confirmed with numbers or weasel on accomodation?

Trav. Just do it !!

oldskool
06-08-2013, 04:45 PM
I wish i could go :( BOOOOO!!!

If anyone wants to crash at my place in Bairnsdale on Thursday night (that way you can leave Melbourne after work on Thursday and ride up from Bairnsdale on Friday morning) that would be cool with me.

I could even meet you lot in Sale and take you a more indirect way that includes 1 awesome road to get to Bairnsdale. then you're only on the highway between Rosedale and Sale (like 20km or something)

Now that is a better idea for a starting position leave Melb Thursday night after work and stop at Bairnsdale nice ride from there.

TurboKat
06-08-2013, 05:50 PM
TK. did you get a yay or nay from professor pat pending?

A definite maybe, we all favour the ride but there are concerns about how long it will take to get the stench of NSW people off us afterwards.

timbo
06-08-2013, 11:38 PM
(Hi its Jenn)
Well excuse me Darren OR turbokat as the boorish would know you, but the unfavorable expression you hold for the New South Welsh Men/Woman is not palatable to the senses of the refined elite who prefer to a lesser extent to be known as civilizations equals. Be it that we are from a far more socially acceptable climate, that does not make us sweaty cave dwelling creators without sense nor social skills to partake in the abilities of showering to prevent the odors of which you speak.;)

BANDITROD
06-08-2013, 11:41 PM
you should post as timbo all the time cos then he appears to be clever hahaha

TurboKat
07-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Jenn it is remiss of you to continue to regard yourself as a NSWer now that you are a resident of the Greatest State of Australia.
I will take this opportunity to remind you of the stringent conditions of your Probational Entry Visa to Victoria which clearly state the requirement of you to disparage & belittle any person, place or thing north of the border & non compliance with this regulation carries heavy penalties including but not limited to Fines, Imprisonment, Humiliation, Deportation or Death.
I don't make the rules Honey, I just enforce them. ;)

BTW - Last time I saw you I noticed that the smell is fading... slightly. (I'm in trouble now aren't I Tiffany?)

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
07-08-2013, 10:57 AM
A definite maybe, we all favour the ride but there are concerns about how long it will take to get the stench of NSW people off us afterwards.
May I suggest a full rubber suit is worn while fucking some sense into them? Said suit can then be disposed of in the fruit bins at the border along with any other nasties we would hate to bring home to the great state of Victoria.

blackvisor
07-08-2013, 02:56 PM
What is NFR? And what date is it?

Large
07-08-2013, 03:24 PM
What is NFR? And what date is it?

It's a run the NSWelshmen (and a coupla mexicans) have been doing for a few years now to Cooma on the friday. A lap of the mountains Sat, and a cruise home Sunday.

It appears you fucking beaners are actually going to get serious about thinking about possibly making an effort to do something about organising to come this year.

Date is the weekend after the big Snowy ride all the pirates do.

BANDITROD
07-08-2013, 03:27 PM
its the weekend of the 8th of November mate

Large
07-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Guys don't overthink it.

Meet up Thursday night or Friday morning- Ride some of the best roads in Aus on the Friday.

Meet us at the Cooma Alpine Hotel Friday arvo to consume pies n piss-Eat-Sleep-Rave-Repeat

Ride the loop Saturday. -Eat-Sleep-Rave-Repeat

Cruise home Sunday. -Eat-Sleep-Rave-Repeat.

Seriously though, it would be good to see a few more of you fucking stinky beaners on the run this year.

BANDITROD
07-08-2013, 03:30 PM
ill be there for certain this year mate

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
07-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Sooo, Alpine Hotel Cooma, 170 Sharp Street ??? Book for nights of 8th and 9th November ??

BANDITROD
07-08-2013, 05:08 PM
sounds good to me mate

Large
07-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Sooo, Alpine Hotel Cooma, 170 Sharp Street ??? Book for nights of 8th and 9th November ??

Just add your name and anyone else you know is definitely coming to this list-

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?26659-NFR-The-2013-List

Maybe add your snoring/spooning requests now while you're at it.

TurboKat
07-08-2013, 05:16 PM
What are the Pies like?
Do they have Chilli or Curry or Black Pepper ones?
What's the pastry like? - Can't be too thick.
The Robertson Pie Stop's Pies are Anumber1, are they as good as them ones?
What about the Coffee Scrolls?

Oh yeah? Who's a Beaner man? You wanna Cha Cha, let's get down! Cheech Marin.

Redmohawk
07-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Just add your name and anyone else you know is definitely coming
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m591/redmohawk1/df20021001_zps1f6f52c9.jpg (http://s1133.photobucket.com/user/redmohawk1/media/df20021001_zps1f6f52c9.jpg.html)

Yep

Large
07-08-2013, 06:11 PM
What are the Pies like?
Do they have Chilli or Curry or Black Pepper ones?
What's the pastry like? - Can't be too thick.
The Robertson Pie Stop's Pies are Anumber1, are they as good as them ones?
What about the Coffee Scrolls?

Oh yeah? Who's a Beaner man? You wanna Cha Cha, let's get down! Cheech Marin.

Pies are good.

Pastry is just a vehicle to hold the meat slush, which in turn just holds the sauce.

Robertson pies aren't as good.

Ask fimp about the sweet stuff.

You are a beaner man. Wanna see me turn this glass into a piece of froot?

blackvisor
12-08-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm a possible, so won't add my name to the list of definites yet. Given that my bike is the slowest I'd be riding sweep then

Redmohawk
12-08-2013, 07:00 PM
I doubt the slowest BIKE is the last often, Sweep is often someone happy to toodle along.

blackvisor
12-08-2013, 07:52 PM
I've just realised this is Melbourne cup weekend, that makes me even less definite, I'll only know for sure very close to the dare.

Large
12-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Melbourne cup is Tueday Nov5

If you're still going to be too pissed to ride the friday after, you must be going to have a huge day.