PDA

View Full Version : retirement concerns in scottland ??

ALBI
05-08-2013, 01:19 PM
well my old girl has been out here since 1952 and came here with my pop as a ten pound pom after the war .
and never been naturalised , over the last 2 weeks some members of our family have passed away and mum has all but given my wife and i most of the money ??
she bought a new corolla and put it in my name ??
she also gave me money to buy a harley with instructions not to spend on the TLS ??
then she dropped the bomb shell, she is moving back to scottland so she can work for a few yrs then go on pommie pension .
my question is to our brother in arms in the uk or current ex-pats
is this the case can she go back and go on the pommie pension ??
my mothers aunt and cousins all still live there "silly buggers"
so accom is a no brainer , but man this is big for me to bear !!
:(

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
05-08-2013, 02:45 PM
I believe it is correct. I did hear once that she doesn't have to go back to Scotland to get her pension either although that loop hole may have been slammed shut. There are agencies that deal with overseas superanuation and pensions. Might be worth making some enquiries to keep dear old ma this side of hyperthermia (?spelling?)

ALBI
05-08-2013, 03:23 PM
that s the prob mate she wants to go back and always has , it was so hard last time mum went home for her as she wanted to stay then 3 yrs ago but when we had our third child chris mum came back hmmmm keep the handbrake barefoot and pregnant!!
mum loves the cold and misses her home town .:(

Yella
05-08-2013, 04:35 PM
You getting a Harley?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am no real help with the real question

El_Hefty
05-08-2013, 05:16 PM
yes you would suit a harley

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q77/s720x720/553020_691132247580339_1114740466_n.jpg

sorry was there a question

ALBI
05-08-2013, 06:37 PM
lol were the fuck you get that lolol
i was last man standing @ bucks night shit loads of jim beam and buckets of jelly shots woohooo wat a night .
only problem was i was last to get up sunday morning bummer.

yes YELLA im getting a HARLEY , so the turbos are not happening but the KTM RC-8 tail is almost done , was supposed to goto kevs on 12th to get the seat foamed up and leave the seat ,but know ive got the rep from the roofer that did our roof and dept fair trading comming on same day as they fucked it and wont fix it.

Yella
05-08-2013, 07:06 PM
someone's gone soft

K6Thou
05-08-2013, 07:44 PM
ALBI get onto Jimmy, he knows the in's and out's of it all. He has sussed it all out himself.

rod185651
05-08-2013, 08:03 PM
If my son bought a Harley I'd want to move to Scotland also.
The Shame of it all

Jockney Rebel
05-08-2013, 08:04 PM
scotlands voting on independance in a few months ..if the vote is successful the date set for full seperation from the UK will be march the 16 2016..how does this affect what your asking ? well if she carries a current UK passport the likel;y hood will be that it wont be renewed by westminster and all scots ex pats will have to apply for a scots passport ..if she doesnt have aussie ctizenship this will mean she will no longer have acountry so to speak and will have to go through the rigmarol of proving her nationality..no problem if shes returning before said date
as for the pension aspect your entitled to what ever percentage of the pension [as i stood the day you left the UK ]depending on how many years you contributed in other words how may years you worked and paid nat ins in the UK i worked 33yrs and therefore im entitled to 95% of the pension value set at the date i left ie 2005 and i can draw it here ..

ALBI
05-08-2013, 09:01 PM
ah cool thanks jim
mum is going back before around late sept this yr.
and plans on working for at least 5 yrs "if she gets a job that is"
i know ex-pats can draw it here my grandparents had both pommie and aussie pensions!
thanks jim a lot , now i can go armed when i hit mum up about her plans to go home !!

well put it this way my back is fucked , both knees have no cartlidge left in them , my shoulders are fucked and grind away like a coffee maker and knuckles are starting to get sore in the cold , right ankle also grinds , copped a shot in knee last week and doc wanted to inject ankle , fark that i said ill put up with arthitic pain for now !!

fucking arthritis lol gives me the shits , never had a prob untill this yr , now body is aching , so yes im gone soft , but !! TLS is my medicene hehehehe

Jockney Rebel
06-08-2013, 06:16 PM
bgger albi you need streetfightering mate lol

ALBI
06-08-2013, 11:25 PM
me or the TLS??
lol

ALBI
08-08-2013, 02:31 PM
well mum has booked solo flight back to scottland :( 7th oct

had a look at the 87 FX softail harley i was going to buy , and it aint pretty , needs a whole rebuild but tin,s are spick and span.

so based on that i aint getting it , so money going to the TLS yeh :cool:

goodbye mum

hello lovly times

sen
08-08-2013, 06:39 PM
so the turbos are not happening

Sen is now sad.

stiffsimon
08-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Hey Albi just out of curiosity where abouts in Scotland is your mum going?

K6Thou
08-08-2013, 10:05 PM
I reckon she'd be going to the airport .....

ALBI
09-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Hey Albi just out of curiosity where abouts in Scotland is your mum going?
edinbrough !!

ALBI
09-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Sen is now sad.

well mate harley is now out of the question :cool:
they just wont happen before NFR only the RC-8 tail will be done

sen
09-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Just gaffa tape 2 turbos on, then at least you can still say it "has twin turbos" ;)

Jockney Rebel
11-08-2013, 04:18 PM
edinburgh ..the posh side of scotland lol