PDA

View Full Version : To cut - or Not to cut

Jed
17-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Ok Guys. Have the gixxer now. It has a carbon yoshi on it. Maybe I was just used to the shorty pipe I had on the ZXR, but the yoshi looks a s long as an airport runway.

Do I cut? I know this question has been around before, but, Is it going to effect performance bla bla bla.

Feedback appreciated guys

Cheers, Jed

BANDITROD
17-07-2013, 11:51 AM
some say it affects performance but its prob only 1-2hp so not that noticable imo I always chop em its makes you look cool lol

Jed
17-07-2013, 12:32 PM
I know, all the cool kids do it. Mishdog would probably like it too. Might make him suck harder;)

Iceman
17-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Cut it, any loss in performance will be made up in weight saving..... ;-)

Redmohawk
17-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Cutting it doesnt always hurt performance, keeping the internal restrictions similar will maintain performance. Just chopping and ripping out baffles doesnt help much but the noise output.

DCRacing
17-07-2013, 02:52 PM
there seem to be plenty available, one option is to get a damaged one cheap cut it and keep the old one for a dust collector on the shelf......

Yella
17-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Drag bike take the fucker off

Redmohawk
17-07-2013, 04:49 PM
If its a Drag only bike (not on the road , and you have no noise limit on your track) Mega phone straight out with carbs re jeted to suit !

Jed
17-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Not just a drag bike fellas. Will be ridden on the road as well.

Fight_fan
19-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Chop it!!!

Bob
19-07-2013, 07:18 PM
CHop it. I did it to my yoshi and didnt notice any diffrence in perfomance. Shit load louder tho!! lol

Mishdog20
19-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Not just a drag bike fellas. Will be ridden on the road as well.

Cut the fucker, long pipes are ghey. Almost as ghey as being a Suzuki owner...

Jed
20-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Just finished. Took 200mm off. Looks sic as bro. Pissed the neighbors off, had to start it up and see how it sounds. It's good. Lesson learn't though. Don't fuck around with carbon fibre without gloves on. That shit sticks in your hands like a bastard.

Mishdog - you owe me a Blowie. Rod said so

sharky
20-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Re "pissed the neighbours off"
All it takes now is for them to phone cops and complain and the cops can, without even hearing it, charge you with hooning.
This is fact. MRAQ is fighting it.

Jed
20-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Nah. Neighbors were partying last night. had the hip hop blarring

ozzy1100
21-07-2013, 04:46 PM
yes but looks like coppers in qld are going to be able to charge you with hoon offeneces on own property.....
whats next ffs

Tony Nitrous
21-07-2013, 06:13 PM
I recently put a baffle in my Bandit and my 1400's cans.

I rate using my bikes without hassle and living somewhere
with nice neighbours far over trying to be a cool kid.

Jed
22-07-2013, 08:50 AM
When i said "I pissed the Neighbours off" it was just a figure of speech guys. No one said anything or complained.

You guys have gone all serious on here.

sharky
22-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Maybe so mate...but then again I don't my bike seized and crushed just cos I had a loud pipe.....

DCRacing
22-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Jed...... I am sorry mate you better not drop around to the yard again......... hoons and reputation can't risk it........Lol

Cruisecontrol
22-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Are you people serious?
I put a baffle in, I don't want my bike crushed...
It is a fucking streetfighter forum!
You are obviously in the wrong place if you give a shit what the plod or anyone else thinks about your bike.

sharky
22-07-2013, 07:39 PM
A guy in the club got pulled over and the cop had the full ADR's with him and went over his bike piece by piece.
Luckily he had built his chop by the book and got off very lightly.......how many on here would have had a list of defect notices ?

Cruisecontrol
22-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Most. That's the point.

Jed
22-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Jed...... I am sorry mate you better not drop around to the yard again......... hoons and reputation can't risk it........Lol

I'll park up the street and walk in from now on

Are you people serious?
You are obviously in the wrong place if you give a shit what the plod or anyone else thinks about your bike.

I was going to say the same thing but thought i'd get forum bashed. Geez all I did was cut the end of my can. And it's hardly even louder. I feel like I need to go to church on sunday now

sharky
22-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Hydra are all over some of the runs we go on....they don't fuk around...
All very good being all 'fuk the police'.....I'd rather know the laws/adr's and work them into the bike so I can smile smugly as they waste their time looking for defects.

ozzy1100
23-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Jed you are fine and most people are.
We all play the game that is the point,
I come from the car seen and it was much worse but the same rules applied.
They knew we had done or would do something wrong so at every opp they stood on us with defects.
Never stoped us and we did just play the game and fuck the po po.
Where you are Jed you never have a problem but around Brisbane etc these anti hoon laws
are scary and the police are activley after bikes.
Got a cut exhust, fender eliminater and round rego holder you now have your first stike hoon afence.
Now ha e a little wheely or chirp the tyre well sir 2nd we take your bike if we want and get fucked there is no court appeal.
I have been riding my shit box for over 12 mths and never pulled but I don't ride in groups and I don't ride the
run roads other.
Most people will never have a problem but in Qld now anti hoon laws carry harder penitly's than high range d/d.
Think about this you need to go about 5 times for high d/d before they take your wheels , do over 40 above the limit
with said pipe and a few other defects and you happen to get wrong cop wrong day your bike has a little holiday 1st time you are pulled.
Added to this they now have or want or have the power to charge you hoon offence on your own property,
who here has blazed a tyre on or off road.
I'm not saying take up fucking knitting I'm saying at least now the fucking laws so you choose to play the game with these fucks
not just them playing you......

Jed
23-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Point taken Lynton. Like you said I've never had an issue in the places i've lived. And like you don't ride in groups or ride the popular runs as i know the po usually troll them. I've been riding for 25 years and got my first speeding ticket a month ago. (500m from my house of all things). Maybe i've just been lucky - or choose were and when to play. That's why I go to the drags to have my fun.

Redmohawk
23-07-2013, 08:47 AM
I'm guessing the insurance comps have taken a loss or two with someone getting hurt on private property with a car/bikes hooning (having fun) on private property. Hence pressure has flowed down to us now. Laws like this bullshit always come down to big business and cash.

Nothing wrong with being pro active on the bronze and doing "smart mods" that are ADR savy , But FUCK THE CUN'TS anyhow.

Jed
23-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Next we won't be able to spank our own kids lol.

Speaking of ADR - I used to do some work with a guy who does right hand drive conversions on new Mustangs and Camaros. So he had to be really particular with the ADR rules and regs. Point is. A cop car doesn't actually pass ADR legally.

sharky
23-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Sitting at lights the othet dsy....traffic car pulls up next to me...looking bike up and down.
Next thing a sports bike...liud pipe fender eliminator etc roars up ...but doesn't see cop 2 lanes away....leaves lights in a hurry. .....I rode home with a smug grin....wonder how sport boy felt when he heard the blues and twos ??

My point ?

By all means say fuk the police....but play smart....pisses on their fireworks if they cant ticket you....

Tony Nitrous
23-07-2013, 06:54 PM
3rd ticket for illegal mods and the bike can be permanently seized
if the tickets were issued under the "hoon laws" ticketing system
for illegal mods.

Yes, it does happen.
Yes, we have had a bike seized on a ride
(more than once)

I do far to many K's to be playing cat and mouse
with cops over something I can avoid.

I still have bikes with illegal"ish" pipes but I'm gambling
that they can see I'm not blatantly taking the piss.
It's worked so far.

Redmohawk
23-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Hence the reason my pre 76 bike numbers have increased over the last few years (no ADR's to worry about) some didnt even come with indicators.

Cruisecontrol
23-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I have a bike with a fender eliminator and I cut a bunch off the exhaust on the weekend. This is one of many bikes I have done this to.
The only time I have ever been pulled over was when the copper liked the bike but couldn't figure out what it was and wanted a chat.
Attitude makes all the difference. If you look and act like a dick, you will be treated like one.

Jed
25-07-2013, 02:54 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img844/9594/w81t.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img706/3527/jcko.jpg

Yella
25-07-2013, 03:42 PM
That looks tits. Nice job

BANDITROD
25-07-2013, 06:15 PM
that looks good how does it sound mate

Jed
28-07-2013, 07:36 AM
that looks good how does it sound mate

Not that much different down low. When you give it some curry it sounds sweet.

Jed
28-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Also just installed a Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator. Good bit of kit. Smoothed out throttle response and power delivery.

BANDITROD
28-07-2013, 11:11 AM
awesome I never had much luck with the tre on my gix so I fucked it off

Jed
28-07-2013, 05:08 PM
What was the problem Rod?

BANDITROD
28-07-2013, 07:36 PM
it made my bike slower and sluggish so I got rid of it

Mishdog20
28-07-2013, 10:21 PM

Are you sure it wasnt because you just got off my bike??? ya know bein a kwaka and all...

BANDITROD
29-07-2013, 09:13 AM
you are so full of shit I reckon it oozes out of you're dickhole lol

Tony Nitrous
29-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Are you people serious?
You are obviously in the wrong place if you give a shit
what the plod or anyone else thinks about your bike.

You may be correct.

Mishdog20
29-07-2013, 06:30 PM
you are so full of shit I reckon it oozes out of you're dickhole lol

Wow thats pretty Graphic....hahaha

BANDITROD
29-07-2013, 06:43 PM
that's how I roll

K6Thou
29-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Wow thats pretty Graphic....hahaha

Don't you owe Jed a blowie ?

Tony Nitrous
15-09-2013, 09:46 AM
*Bump*

Cops and DOT out on the Woodford side of Mt Mee today.
Pulling over and inspecting all bikes passing.
Tickets for pipes / rear guards / illegal mods.

Jinx
16-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Bugger. Was thinking of taking the KTM over Mount Mee yesterday but ran out of time. Lucky for me. Would have got done for pipes and rear guard at least.

Jed
16-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Got pulled up on the Toowoomba range for a random by a Motorcycle cop last Friday. Went over my bike. Had a chat. On ya way son, have a nice day.

Elapid
16-09-2013, 09:33 PM
the only thing that makes your bike slow is you, ya fat cunt.
Kris.