PDA

View Full Version : here it comes again...........

BillyWhizz888
27-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Front number plates coming to a Victorian state near you!
http://mraa.org.au/forum/modules/news/

wont be long for everyone else

zx12argh
27-01-2008, 09:04 AM
fark:(

alfiestorm
27-01-2008, 09:35 AM
I think it's about time the politicians in Australia got off thier fucking fat arses and dragged thier selves up to 2008 and stop fucking living in 1985 how much more fucking retarded do they want to be fucking pricks
That goes for the fucking traffic police and those tosser wannabe cops in plain camara cars that cant even operate bu thier own fucking rules wankers the fuckin lot of them:(:(:(:(.

Rant over :D

rod185651
27-01-2008, 09:38 AM
I remember the cops trying to do this a few years ago, there was such an out cry by all the biker associations it got squashed, so the lesson is don't be passive, let everybody who will listen know that this is a stupid money grabbing idea designed to fuck motorcyclist around.
cheers Rod

debaser
27-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Even little old New Zealand has had "hawk" cameras for about ten years. They catch the front or rear of any vehicle or even horses cows whatever.
Victoria! the same state that would allow you to write your car rego number on a wheelbarrow and tie it to your car and call it a trailer.

I would rant and swear but you have all heard it before. What about just not doing it. Then see how much time it wastes chasing up every non compliant bike in victoria.

fimpBIKES
27-01-2008, 03:20 PM
i'd like to see em get a plate on the front of my new headlight setup im doing!

alfiestorm
27-01-2008, 03:31 PM
I likes ranting and swearing I do blodyfuckpigstossingwankersfucktardsshitstabbingtw atscuntfacedwinklewobblingdogfuckers

Iceman
27-01-2008, 03:37 PM
quote:blodyfuckpigstossingwankersfucktardsshitstab bingtwatscuntfacedwinklewobblingdogfuckersThat's what I was thinking.

JackTar
27-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Fucking wankers, jeez this shit gives me the irits.

Bear
27-01-2008, 08:13 PM
"drill holes in the front to mount them"
How many people are going to actually drill holes in their fairing, ya reckon?
That says it all, really - no idea about bikes.

[V]

_M_
27-01-2008, 09:12 PM
My bike would either over heat in a second if i had a plate on the front, or it would cover the lights so i cant see, or interfier with the suspension so i cant ride, so all in all totally and completely impractical.

But that never stopped the government before did it.

Doesnt matter i live in QLD

God
29-01-2008, 08:18 AM
This time it ain't just for Victoria. The report was compiled by Vicroads and will be presented to national meeting of police/etc for NATIONAL implementation. Much of the push this time has come from Qld and WA police farces...

According to their calculations every motorcycle fatality costs the community $1.5 - 1.7 mill approx. because the dead rider doesn't pay taxes for x years, blah blah blah. The basis for the calculations are as full of shit as their proposals and their flawed analysis processes.

Their report suggests they can save 4 - 5 lives per year nationally by implementing front number plates blah blah blah.

The more you look into the road safety industry the more you see what an absolute load of shit it is.

Thruan
29-01-2008, 10:08 AM
have the petitions started up yet? usually with something like this there is online petitions..

if everyone stays quiet it will get though and become law. if all the bikers speak up then they will have a hell of a time getting it in

fimpBIKES
29-01-2008, 10:09 AM
so, whats the fine for not displaying your plates???

Fish
29-01-2008, 11:49 AM
nothing if they can't find you cause you aren't wearing ANY plates. :D stuff them if they give us one more to put on maybe we'll go one better and not wear the other one either. that's a lot of ones.

red
30-01-2008, 05:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by rod185651

I remember the cops trying to do this a few years ago, there was such an out cry by all the biker associations it got squashed, so the lesson is don't be passive, let everybody who will listen know that this is a stupid money grabbing idea designed to fuck motorcyclist around.
cheers Rod

This was in South Australia. The cops wanted to change the law so they took it upon themselves to fit number plates to the front of their bikes. There was a story in the Age (I think), and it was covered in AMCN.

Then the commissioner for something or other hit the cops up with breaking the law, since it is illegal to be in possession of something that is, or looks like, a number plate. Of course fuck all happened to the pigs, since blood is thicker than water etc...

But that won't stop parliment changing the law. Except for the cost of supplying plates to every man jack of us. Having them fitted they might throw onto us. Our argument is that the bikes were not designed (under the ADR's) to have a plate fitted etc and the threat of public liability should something go wrong ought to make their nuts shrivel up, and this crap go away!?

Maybe...[V]

-Dex-
04-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Who else had something to contribute until they saw Bear's sig line?

Neo Dutch
08-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Simple answer is, don't fit 'em. If no one comply's then it'll die. When was the last time a schoolkid got booked for riding without a helmet? I seriously doubt that any have in the entire time it's been law in NSW.

Thruan
20-02-2008, 04:36 PM
petition... http://www.gopetition.com.au/online/16944.html